Phillipy Anderson

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Phillipy Anderson

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am

palerider wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 am
I'd almost forgotten about Yarmalenko. Good to have options and I think if we'd have had him, Lanzini and Jack fit all season we'd have done the treble.
The cynic in me says that if Wilshere was anywhere near the fitness he needs to be to play at this level we wouldn't have him as he would still be plying his trade down at The Emirates. Hopefully he will prove me wrong next season. But many have tried to do that and failed. Except Victor Anichebe.

The cunt.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am

Gonzo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:45 pm
What a player, he glides across the pitch like Torvil & Dean (well one of them anyway).

A classy and elegant player who is surely going to light up the Premier League next season. Taking into account the settling in period and the fact that for a lot of the season he was our only creative player he's been a huge success.

I only saw the last 35 mins of the game today and I know it was against 10 men but he was floating around and generally looking top class.

Lot's of if's & buts's however with a fit(ish) squad and a couple of new additions I think we'll have a real player next season.
I thought Wilshere's cameo yesterday shows he is a world class player in a Lidl body. If he could get fit he would be a magnificent player to play alongside Rice and you will see Arnie, Anderson and Antonio score bucketloads.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Looked good against a 10 man / cup final bound Watford.

Still not sure, have seen him a few times this season, almost turn it in
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 13, 2019 2:01 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am
Gonzo wrote:
What a player, he glides across the pitch like Torvil & Dean (well one of them anyway).

A classy and elegant player who is surely going to light up the Premier League next season. Taking into account the settling in period and the fact that for a lot of the season he was our only creative player he's been a huge success.

I only saw the last 35 mins of the game today and I know it was against 10 men but he was floating around and generally looking top class.

Lot's of if's & buts's however with a fit(ish) squad and a couple of new additions I think we'll have a real player next season.
I thought Wilshere's cameo yesterday shows he is a world class player in a Lidl body. If he could get fit he would be a magnificent player to play alongside Rice and you will see Arnie, Anderson and Antonio score bucketloads.
I couldn't agree more.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 13, 2019 2:07 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am
Gonzo wrote:

Rudyard Kipling knew what a very big word "IF" is, even if it does only have two letters. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Tue May 14, 2019 5:38 pm

I think as a player most opponents have been told to watch, he's not had a bad first season. I like others have been wanting for more from him and occasionally he provides. Liked seeing him an Lanzini in the same attacking lineup (albeit a rusty Lanzini) the passing boots on them two alone will improve us. Keeping Arnie & Antonio moving ahead with them and adding another ball playing striker will only see him improve as defenders have more to worry about.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 pm

I like Anderson and feel that with technically gifted players around him we can only get better up front , dont think Arnautovic or Antonio are those players . Though I like Antonio I dont think he is capable of taking us forward as a team . Arnautovic is not a striker and his attitude stinks . Hope Yarmalenko comes back where he left off , Lanzini has fully recovered from his injury and his recent form is down to fitness . Hoping Wilshere remains fully fit if that is possible or we get a very good box to box midfielder , and we manage to find a 20 goal a season striker .
0 x

Since 66

Post by Since 66 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am

I fear that if he is 10-15% better next season, we won't be able to keep him :cry:
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 am

Since 66 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am
I fear that if he is 10-15% better next season, we won't be able to keep him :cry:
Unfortunately that will always be the case unless you are competing with the big boys in European Competitions. I'm sure all up and coming footballers have their ambition of playing in CL final, and that can only be achieved at the top clubs. The likes of Anderson, Rice and Diop will all be lured away from little old us to a big club playing regular European football and as long as we get decent money for them to invest in the next Anderson, Rice and Diop we cannot do anything about it.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 am
Since 66 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am
Unfortunately that will always be the case unless you are competing with the big boys in European Competitions. I'm sure all up and coming footballers have their ambition of playing in CL final, and that can only be achieved at the top clubs. The likes of Anderson, Rice and Diop will all be lured away from little old us to a big club playing regular European football and as long as we get decent money for them to invest in the next Anderson, Rice and Diop we cannot do anything about it.
To be fair mate we are starting to pay decent wages. Arnie and Anderson get the same amount as Arsenals front 2. We are only going to lose a player for me to top European clubs. Them clubs are always loaded with players and as i said before a player can easily fade away and become a part team player because competition is so high.Everton rarely lose players and we are closing in on that benchmark.
Do you stay at a club who is paying you very decent wages, loved by the fans and one of the clubs most influential players. Or do you gamble and join a club where 2 or 3 bad games sees you dropped to the bench? Look at Hudson Adoi. Couldn,t even break into the Chelsea team before he was called up for England . And thats Chelsea.The bigger the club the more pressure you are under to perform week in week out.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media