Players ratings for the season

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

Re: Players ratings for the season

Post by jhammers » Mon May 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Fabianski 9 - class.

Fredericks 6 - showed signs recently that he's good enough for this level. His pace is a massive asset.
Zabaleta 5 - started season well but fell away towards the end of the season, should be back up from now on but he's important to keep for the squad

Diop 8 - Really rate him and barely missed a game.
Balbuena 8 - The general , says it all
Ogbonna 6 - He's either brilliant or absolutely shocking.

Masuaku 6 - see above
Cresswell 6 - see above

Rice 9 - class
Noble 7 - Late season form shows he still has a role to play, some unreal perfoamces on recent weeks.
Snodgrass 7 - Attitude is class, also a better player than i thought he was.
Lanzini 6 (Hard to mark him considering he has come back from a bad injury)
Nasri 4 - a real shame he couldn't stay fit as he showed glimpses of class

Antonio 7 - maybe should be an 8, important player to have in the squad
Anderson 7 - need to see him more with a fully fit Lanzini and Wilshere
Diangana 6 - when he came into the team he looked great, will benefit from a full pre season with first team

Arnautovic 6 - Still pisses me off the january transfer debacle
Hernandez 7 - Actually think he's been ok. Whilst some players moan about not playing he just gets on with it.
Perez 6 - Scored some pretty important goals to be fair and when he's actually given a chance he normally takes it. Underused all season IMO
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon May 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:05 pm
8s for Noble? Fuck me, the couple of good games he's had recently must count for a lot.
If Noble's an 8 then someone like Silva must rate 18 out of 10.

Fabianski 8.5
Adrian 4
Zabaleta 5.5
Fredericks 5
Cresswell 6
Masuaku 4
Diop 7
Balbuena 7
Ogbonna 6
Noble 6
Rice 8
Wilshere 4
Obiang 4
Sanchez 3
Anderson 6.5
Antonio 6.5
Lanzini 4
Snodgrass 6
Nasri 2
Diangana 4
Yarmolenko 4
Carroll 0
Perez 4
Arnautovic 6.5
Hernandez 6
I thought I was being generous giving Noble a 7 , and that only came about as he has done well recently .
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon May 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Clayton wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:05 pm
8s for Noble? Fuck me, the couple of good games he's had recently must count for a lot.
If Noble's an 8 then someone like Silva must rate 18 out of 10.

Fabianski 8.5
Adrian 4
Zabaleta 5.5
Fredericks 5
Cresswell 6
Masuaku 4
Diop 7
Balbuena 7
Ogbonna 6
Noble 6
Rice 8
Wilshere 4
Obiang 4
Sanchez 3
Anderson 6.5
Antonio 6.5
Lanzini 4
Snodgrass 6
Nasri 2
Diangana 4
Yarmolenko 4
Carroll 0
Perez 4
Arnautovic 6.5
Hernandez 6
I thought I was being generous giving Noble a 7 , and that only came about as he has done well recently .
Agree Clay. Anyone who rates 7.5 or higher for the season wouldn't need replacing, and Noble needs replacing.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm

redhammer wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:59 pm
Parry Hotter wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:12 pm
Cresswell 7 Arthur 6 is a joke mate. Arthurs been great the last few games. And how does Diang get as many as 7. Not too much wrong with the others tho.
Masuaku has been great the last few games and that’s why he is a 6 and not 4, bar the last month he has been terrible

While I think Cresswell has done reasonably well this season

Diangana gets a bonus point due to his age, not an easy thing to do, break into a premier league side as a youngster but he did and did ok. Not great but need to consider his age imo plus his lack of confidence
Looking at these ratings and accepting that some players have improved or given acceptable performance levels in the last couple of months,we may not have the requirement to shift as many bodies, as seemed inevitable three months ago.

In terms of dead wood only AC fits the description of. My preference would be to replace Arnautovich and Lanzini as I think both players have become stale. I doubt that will happen so we are stuck with them.

What we need is a 15-20 goal striker and a creative energetic midfielder. Fix those two positions and we would be
competing for "best of the rest"
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Fabianski 9
Wasn't to sure on him signing for us for £7 million thought there were better keepers......Boy was I wrong worth every penny. Just wish he was a year or two younger.

Adrian 4
Once our hero and didn't get many chances to play but when he did it showed why he was our No 2 this season

Zabaleta 5
Class but he is showing his age and towards the end of the season began making mistakes and was found out for speed

Fredericks 6
Would of liked to see more of him in his first season here, he has pace, like a cheetah on speed, looks as though Zabba has taught him to tackle because of late he has improved defensively and likely to be our No1 next season

Cresswell 5
Where has our past HOTY gone, defensively sound but going forward he has produced nothing, and now seems injury prone.

Masuaku 4
I cringe when I see his name on the team sheet. Defensively a disaster, if our midfield don't turn up. Lately he has played well because of the cover in front, its all right going forward but you also need an end product.

Diop 8
Got slated by some on here at the start of the season. But has proved he is a big player for us, put in some MOM displays and remember he is still only 22.

Balbuena 7.5
I said when he arrived he is quietly efficient ......formed a great partnership with Diop...solid as a rock. Probably two of the first names on the team sheet.

Ogbonna 6
Unlucky to have Diop and Balbuena in the same squad, still a good defender but prone to a lack of concentration sometimes. Always a threat from set pieces

Noble 6
Our captain, tries to put in a shift most matches and has had some good games. The modern game now needs a player with pace, unfortunately something that he is lacking. Next season I would expect to see him more on the bench than the pitch

Rice 8
Great season for him, just 20 years old, justified his place week in week out. Will only get better.

Wilshere 5
Disappointingly, but not unexpected, spent most of his time on the treatment bed this season. If we could have a fit Jack Wilshire next season we will see the class he can bring into the team. Last two games when he came on he oozed quality in midfield, which we have lacked for the last few seasons.

Obiang 4
Another one who showed so much potential a couple of seasons ago and has not been able to re produce it this season.

Sanchez 4
Bought hastily as a back up. Because of his injury was not used too much. But at 33 I would not expect to see him here next season.

Anderson 7.5
Found it difficult at the start, but came through with flying colors, with a bit more class around him next season he is going to going to be a star for us. His vision and speed are excellent now he has got used to the style of the PL next season there will be no stopping him.

Antonio 6
Went missing at the start of the season but finished with a bang. Always a threat with the ball and one of the best headers of the ball we have. Going to be interesting next season the battle between him and Yarmolenko for the starting spot.

Lanzini 4
Unlucky with his injury and it must be hard to come back into the team at the end of the season and play well. There were a few glimpses of the Lanzini of old but needed more game time to get up to PL speed.

Snodgrass 5
Bless him, gives his all running round the pitch like a demented bull, and achieving relatively nothing apart from a hat full of yellow cards for his inability to be able to put in a fair tackle. Can put in some good crosses from set pieces but surely he cannot justify his place just for that. Another one aging, 32 this year and would expect him to be shipped out.

Nasri 1
Once a class act, now just seems injury prone, at 32 I don't think he will feature in a West Ham shirt again

Diangana 4
Showed a lot of potential for a youngster, has the beating of defenders with his pace and skill but just lacks that upper body strength to keep on his feet in a physical league. Defensively though he needs to improve...a lot.

Yarmolenko 4
Played second fiddle to Antonio and Snodgrass at the beginning of the season but when he got his chance he took it scored a couple of goals and looked a handful for defenders until his injury. If all goes well I will relish the duel for his place next season with Antonio.

Carroll 0
Enough said

Perez 4
Not used enough IMO a more natural goal scorer than Arnie.

Arnautovic 6
Chipped in with 1o goals this season and a lot of other shit as well. He is not the natural centre forward we need, I feel he is not really a team player and there were very few, if any, matches he gave 100%. Hope to see him gone in the summer.

Hernandez 6
You have to feel sorry for the little man, playing in a team for the last two seasons that doesn't suit his style. Still he carried on and scored some vital goals for us. Another one we probably won't see in a West Ham shirt next season
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 pm

The issue with our squad is inconsistency and injury.
You can run through the positions.
At CB Balbuena and Diop are usually solid to excellent, but if one gets injured in comes Ogbonna, with who you never quite know what you're going to get.

Fullbacks are all over the place. Zaba started the season solid as a rock, but finished looking well past it. Fredericks has had some good cameos, but question marks remain.
On the other side Cresswell and Masuaku have bounced between good, awful and injured.

In the middle Rice has been a rock, but one surrounded by inconsistency and injury. Noble, at best should be coming off the bench. Obiang shouldn't even be on the bench, and Sanchez was squad filler, injured squad filler. And where do you begin with Wilshere? You need another player to cover him because he's almost guaranteed to miss 50% of the season, if not more.

The attacking midfield and wingers are again riven with inconsistent performers.
Both Antonio and Anderson have yo-yoed between unplayable and on field spectator.
Yarmolenko has been missed, if only because he could've rotated in for someone struggling with form.
Snodgrass has been useful at times, and Diangana just isn't ready quite yet.

Lanzini has been disappointing, maybe even moreso than Nasri. And neither looks like being our Riquelme.

The forwards are a mixture of injured, inconsistent, unsuited, old, self destructive and useless. At least one should've got close to hitting 15 PL goals this season.
Arnautovic and Hernandez are on £300k a week between them and 17 goals really is a piss poor return.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 12:18 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 pm
The issue with our squad is inconsistency and injury.
You can run through the positions.
At CB Balbuena and Diop are usually solid to excellent, but if one gets injured in comes Ogbonna, with who you never quite know what you're going to get.

Fullbacks are all over the place. Zaba started the season solid as a rock, but finished looking well past it. Fredericks has had some good cameos, but question marks remain.
On the other side Cresswell and Masuaku have bounced between good, awful and injured.

In the middle Rice has been a rock, but one surrounded by inconsistency and injury. Noble, at best should be coming off the bench. Obiang shouldn't even be on the bench, and Sanchez was squad filler, injured squad filler. And where do you begin with Wilshere? You need another player to cover him because he's almost guaranteed to miss 50% of the season, if not more.

The attacking midfield and wingers are again riven with inconsistent performers.
Both Antonio and Anderson have yo-yoed between unplayable and on field spectator.
Yarmolenko has been missed, if only because he could've rotated in for someone struggling with form.
Snodgrass has been useful at times, and Diangana just isn't ready quite yet.

Lanzini has been disappointing, maybe even moreso than Nasri. And neither looks like being our Riquelme.

The forwards are a mixture of injured, inconsistent, unsuited, old, self destructive and useless. At least one should've got close to hitting 15 PL goals this season.
Arnautovic and Hernandez are on £300k a week between them and 17 goals really is a piss poor return.
goodpost:)
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 pm

And here lies the problem, Hernandez is not suited to the system we play, but his goal rate is 1 every 190 mins played, Arnie scores 1 every 200 mins and surprisingly Perez 1 every 155 mins played. Supposedly our three strikers, although Arnie is not a natural striker. As our main striker one of them like you say should be hitting 15 per season. Only four teams below us principle strikers failed to score more than Arnie. Whereas teams like Fulham, Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Crystal palace main strikers all did better. How many big chances has Arnie and even Antonio when played as a striker missed when it looked easier to score. These two our not strikers and Mr P will be desperate to bring at least one or two into the club this summer. We have lost 6 games this season by the odd goal and 7 draws if we had the natural quality finisher up front maybe some of those draws could of been converted to wins and likewise some of the losses into draws. Definitely time to look for a top quality striker

This is a funny read on our strikers bought under the Sullivan / Gold era.
Maybe I should forward it on to Mr P to forewarn him....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... livan-era/
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue May 14, 2019 12:42 am

Couldn't resist this......quality........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SourUntidyIbisbill-mobile.mp4
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue May 14, 2019 1:00 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:42 am
Couldn't resist this......quality........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SourUntidyIbisbill-mobile.mp4
Did he have any kind of shot on target for us, or an assist?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media