Players ratings for the season

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Players ratings for the season

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Against a team safe from relegation and looking forward to a cup final , No denying he played well recently at the end of the season when most are on there holidays , but where has he been for the rest of the season ? Been very inconsistent and tired in most games .
It might just be a coincidence, but Noble has had very little competition for his position this season due to injuries, with only Obiang really being the only threat for his spot most of the season. For the last few games Wilshire and Sanchez have been available, although both not fully fit presented a challenge to Noble and this surely must have led to the upturn in form of Noble. Having to justify his place. If we had a fully fit Whilshire this season I think that Noble would have had a lot less starts.
That's it, justification of selection through performance.That's exactly how it should be. You get paid a couple hundred K per month and the club expects 8/10 performances for that. Keep it up and you keep your place. Dip below and your out the team.That applies for everyone.

Good recruitment should ensure that is the norm. Next season there needs to be no excuses for players to have a bad couple of games consecutively because after the first, they should be benched and withdrawn.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:

It might just be a coincidence, but Noble has had very little competition for his position this season due to injuries, with only Obiang really being the only threat for his spot most of the season. For the last few games Wilshire and Sanchez have been available, although both not fully fit presented a challenge to Noble and this surely must have led to the upturn in form of Noble. Having to justify his place. If we had a fully fit Whilshire this season I think that Noble would have had a lot less starts.
Andy that's just insulting to suggest he's upped his game and hasn't always played to his maximum,

A less focused team player would have insisted on playing further forward where his strengths are.

He has always followed his managers' safety first instructions to the letter.

I recall seeing him at Villa Park literally teetering on the half way line which I guess Sam had set as his boundary.

To give him freedom to roam, trusting his ability to get back, was beyond the vision of most managers who couldn't see that he would create more chances than he would leave gaps.Plus the fact we had no DM's to adequately cover for him.

There's very few I would prefer to see looking for a penetrative pass at the sharp end
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Clayton wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:22 pm

I thought I was being generous giving Noble a 7 , and that only came about as he has done well recently .
Agree Clay. Anyone who rates 7.5 or higher for the season wouldn't need replacing, and Noble needs replacing.
He don't need replacing, he needs to be supplemented. I don't think his contribution for the whole season is being remembered outside of his amazing finish and his bad games, of which were few and far between. When he was out of the lineup we looked suspect and his leadership cannot be ignored. I maintain that a player who has never relied on speed just gets better with experience and therefore, along with the better midfielders around him, I feel we are about to see the best of Noble, we just need to find the player to come in for him and save him for the real battles in this league. He's the Canning Town Xavi and he's aging like a fine wine!
1 x
You can't spell hatred without red hat.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue May 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:

Andy that's just insulting to suggest he's upped his game and hasn't always played to his maximum,

A less focused team player would have insisted on playing further forward where his strengths are.

He has always followed his managers' safety first instructions to the letter.

I recall seeing him at Villa Park literally teetering on the half way line which I guess Sam had set as his boundary.

To give him freedom to roam, trusting his ability to get back, was beyond the vision of most managers who couldn't see that he would create more chances than he would leave gaps.Plus the fact we had no DM's to adequately cover for him.

There's very few I would prefer to see looking for a penetrative pass at the sharp end
No insult intended Mike I am a Noble fan, and was just asking if it was a coincidence. His level for the last 4 or 5 games have certainly exceeded a lot of his previous games this season and was wondering why?
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

Agree Clay. Anyone who rates 7.5 or higher for the season wouldn't need replacing, and Noble needs replacing.
He don't need replacing, he needs to be supplemented. I don't think his contribution for the whole season is being remembered outside of his amazing finish and his bad games, of which were few and far between. When he was out of the lineup we looked suspect and his leadership cannot be ignored. I maintain that a player who has never relied on speed just gets better with experience and therefore, along with the better midfielders around him, I feel we are about to see the best of Noble, we just need to find the player to come in for him and save him for the real battles in this league. He's the Canning Town Xavi and he's aging like a fine wine!
So what you are saying he needs better midfielders around him , because the bang average midfielders we have at the moment are not good enough , to let him stroll around the pitch at his minds and bodies own pace . Would sooner we had a younger player with the same attributes but who could think and move faster , and hopefully didnt have to be carried in matches .
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

He's the Canning Town Xavi , sorry but had to have a laugh at your expense , look have been a Noble fan since I cant remember when , thought he should have got a senior England call up a decade ago , but alas he never and the pinnacle of his england carreer was captaining the U21's . Even top players and their fans have to realise that their playing days at the top level are over and that they can only play a supporting role , which I feel is what he is bound to do next season .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue May 14, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue May 14, 2019 3:02 pm

I realise a lot of people get swayed by some good form, and possibly the Mr. West Ham tag, but Nobles net contribution just isn't good enough.
If we're happy with mid to lower table struggle and mediocrity, great, Noble is the man (see this season, last season, season before that, etc).
If we want to push on then his position is one of the weak links. If anyone looks at our starting XI and thinks Noble doesn't need upgrading, then pretty much none of the starting XI do. Easy summer sitting on his laurels for Pelle.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue May 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 pm
Hammertime wrote:

He's the Canning Town Xavi , sorry but had to have a laugh at your expense , look have been a Noble fan since I cant remember when , thought he should have got a senior England call up a decade ago , but alas he never and the pinnacle of his england carreer was captaining the U21's . Even top players and their fans have to realise that their playing days at the top level are over and that they can only play a supporting role .
If there are players out there that are an improvement on what we have then they should be brought in whoever they are replacing and we cannot be sentimental about it. A better younger player being brought in for Noble can only be good for the team and fans. But by doing that, by fuck that youngster has some boots to fill.
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 pm
Hammertime wrote:

He's the Canning Town Xavi , sorry but had to have a laugh at your expense , look have been a Noble fan since I cant remember when , thought he should have got a senior England call up a decade ago , but alas he never and the pinnacle of his england carreer was captaining the U21's . Even top players and their fans have to realise that their playing days at the top level are over and that they can only play a supporting role , which I feel is what he is bound to do next season .
I've been watching him too m8 and I would suggest you shed your built in prejudices and start anew. His football IQ is finally catching up with his physical limitations and I feel like he will be now in team where he isn't expected, as previously, to defend with his life and will be afforded a more creative central role. Will he play every game, of course not, father time will have his effect, but this not the Noble of the past, this is him in a good team.
0 x
You can't spell hatred without red hat.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue May 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm
and hopefully didnt have to be carried in matches .
So who was carrying him when he was carrying Reo Coker, Kevin Nolan or Obiang ?

That's what is indicated when it is said he needs better players around him to shine, I think Pele gets it. Confidence in Rice will allow him to take the responsibility of one position and not two.
0 x

Social Media