Players ratings for the season

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Players ratings for the season

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm
and hopefully didnt have to be carried in matches .
So who was carrying him when he was carrying Reo Coker, Kevin Nolan or Obiang ?

That's what is indicated when it is said he needs better players around him to shine, I think Pele gets it. Confidence in Rice will allow him to take the responsibility of one position and not two.
Dont know which of those you mentioned carried him , but obviously you think they had the ability to do so or you wouldnt of mentioned them , I personally dont think they could even lace Nobles boots . You should go back and read my original reply to Hammertime instead of just concentrating on a snippet of it .
Last edited by Clayton on Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:55 pm

He's the Canning Town Xavi , sorry but had to have a laugh at your expense , look have been a Noble fan since I cant remember when , thought he should have got a senior England call up a decade ago , but alas he never and the pinnacle of his england carreer was captaining the U21's . Even top players and their fans have to realise that their playing days at the top level are over and that they can only play a supporting role , which I feel is what he is bound to do next season .
I've been watching him too m8 and I would suggest you shed your built in prejudices and start anew. His football IQ is finally catching up with his physical limitations and I feel like he will be now in team where he isn't expected, as previously, to defend with his life and will be afforded a more creative central role. Will he play every game, of course not, father time will have his effect, but this not the Noble of the past, this is him in a good team.
What I do not understand is why bring in a player because of Nobles physical limitations to play with him . When you can bring in a player who has both the football IQ and the physical ability needed to play in the premiership .
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:09 pm

So who was carrying him when he was carrying Reo Coker, Kevin Nolan or Obiang ?

That's what is indicated when it is said he needs better players around him to shine, I think Pele gets it. Confidence in Rice will allow him to take the responsibility of one position and not two.
Dont know which of those you mentioned carried him , but obviously you think they had the ability to do so or you wouldnt of mentioned them , I personally dont think they could even lace Nobles boots . You should go back and read my original replay to Hammertime instead of just concentrating on a snippet of it .
I'll approach it from a different angle. You stated he had been " carried "....So who was carrying him? . I mentioned partners he had had where the situation was reversed. He was carrying them to the detriment of his own game..Spreading himself too thinly.

Dont know how you could misinterpret that.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Dont know which of those you mentioned carried him , but obviously you think they had the ability to do so or you wouldnt of mentioned them , I personally dont think they could even lace Nobles boots . You should go back and read my original replay to Hammertime instead of just concentrating on a snippet of it .
I'll approach it from a different angle. You stated he had been " carried "....So who was carrying him? . I mentioned partners he had had where the situation was reversed. He was carrying them to the detriment of his own game..Spreading himself too thinly.

Dont know how you could misinterpret that.
Firstly I did not say he had been carried , Hammertime said to see the best of Noble we need better players around him , so his football IQ is not hampered by his physical limitations . So I replied that basically they would be carrying Noble because of his physical limitations ! .
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm

O.K.mate...

I'll just leave it with the thought that even if Watford were mentally preparing for Wembley,and were wearing in their flip flops for their subsequent Hols, 2 goals and 68 passes x 97% is a pretty fair indication of a guy very comfortable in the Prem.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 pm
O.K.mate...

I'll just leave it with the thought that even if Watford were mentally preparing for Wembley,and were wearing in their flip flops for their subsequent Hols, 2 goals and 68 passes x 97% is a pretty fair indication of a guy very comfortable in the Prem.
And I will leave it with one last thought , and that is if he had done it consistently all season we would not have him at West Ham .
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Fabianski 9.5
Adrian 4
Zabaleta 6
Fredericks 7
Cresswell 6
Masuaku 5
Diop 8.5
Balbuena 9
Ogbonna 6
Noble 7
Rice 9
Wilshere 5
Obiang 4
Sanchez 3
Anderson 8
Antonio 8
Lanzini 5
Snodgrass 7
Nasri 5
Diangana 6
Yarmolenko 6.5
Carroll 4
Perez 6
Arnautovic 7
Hernandez 6
1 x

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 am

Fabianski 9- The most consistent player in the squad with Rice a close second. Pulls off worldie saves seemingly
effortlessly and commands his box well. Should be a shoe in for HOTY

Fredricks 6- Has has some very suspect performances but started to look more defensively solid in the closing games.
Would love to see him actually try to cross the ball sometimes though.

Zabaleta 6- Began the season looking like the tough tackling pro from last year but ended it looking a shadow of
himself.

Issa Diop 8- A season with its ups and downs. The raw talent is clearly there in abundance however his reading of the
game needs a little work as he looked lost at sea without the leadership of Balbuena.

Balbuena 8- Looked solid right from the off. Superb reading of the game and the perfect partner for Diop. Was sorely
missed when he was injured.

Ogbonna 6- Was poor most of the time but had a stretch where he looked decent. Not good enough to start and would
like a better 3rd choice than him. Would probably make a better target man than CB honestly.

Cresswell 5- Had more bad performances than good ones and when they were bad they were awful. Not sure he will
ever return to his best which is sad since he is still our only fullback that delivers a good early cross.

Masuaku 6- Ended the season strongly. Will never be good defensively, but his dribbling with the ball provide the team
with a good outlet. Final ball could use some improvement.

Rice 9 - Has performed at a level above most of his teammates all season. Rarely had a poor game.

Noble 7 - Always gives 100% however there were many games when he simply didn't look good enough however there
were games when he was brilliant. Showed his class towards the tail end of the season.

Snodgrass 6 - A grafter with limited technical ability but good set piece delivery (why was Anderson ever on these?)

Obiang 4 - Was awful pretty much every time he featured. Looked lazy and like he didn't care. New kouyate

Antonio 7 - Antonio makes things happen on the ball though sheer strength and willpower. Looked tired early in the
season but kicked on in the second half of the campaign. He is always a goal threat.

Anderson 7 - Excellent first half of the season, he had defenders running scared. At the turn of the year he stopped
shooting and tailed off. Does a lot more defensive work than fans give him credit for. overall class but
inconsistent.

Diangana 5 - Started brightly but fizzled out, not enough end product and not strong enough on the ball. Needs a loan
move.

Arnautovic 6- Stopped trying when he didn't get his move. Hasn't looked the same since.

Perez 5- Didn't look quite like he fit into any system we played and was barely noticeable when on the pitch. Still
managed to score a few goals.

Chicharito 6- Scored goals sometimes but was never the right fit to lead the line by himself. Not suited to the style of
play
1 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Not going to rate people out of 10 but our best players this season have been:

Fabianski, Rice, Diop, Balbuena, followed by Anderson and Arnie, then Antonio, Noble, Snodgrass (who has had an underrated season having had to play CM a lot), Cresswell, Zabeleta (who was brilliant to start but faded 2nd half). Likes of Nasri, Hernendez, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Diangana didn't have a massive run of games and played well in patches but weren't good, Perez scored a few goals but generally failed to impress and got more than enough chances I felt, Masuaku was a massive liability in our Defence, Obiang really cannot pass the ball the way MP wants, doesn't have much a career here in the future - rest were injured too much of the season to be really judged strongly like Lanzini, Yarmelenko, Sanchez -

Carroll is an exception to the rule, his WHU career is over - He has been immense at times in the past but this season not only can he not stay fit but he was pretty anonymous when he did get a chance. He doesn't fit into MP's style, might see him at a newly promoted club or something in the future.
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:14 am
BC...we are as one, !

Do you also like your townfellow Diana Krall ?
Never heard of her, but I have now and I think I could be an admirer
0 x

Social Media