WHU do you want to leave?

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: WHU do you want to leave?

Post by Clayton » Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

Doombar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 am
Clayton wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am
Adrian - out of contract
Reid - Injury History - £5m :roll:
Ogbonna - £7m
Cresswell - niggly injuries - age - £6m
Sanchez - out of contract - age
Obiang -£7m
Nasri - injury history - out of contract
Snodgrass - age - £6m
Arnautovic - injury history - age - attitude £30m
Chicharito - niggly injuries - age - £10m
Carroll - a injury or two - age - out of contract
Perez - age £4m
Byram - £3m
Hugill - £5m
Martinez - ?
Makasi - ?
Cullen - ?
Samuelsen - ?
Oxford - MP will not play him - £4m :?:
Fernandes - £5m

Bit of wheeling and dealing we can put another £100m in the kitty .
I would add Zabaleta & Noble both will need replacing in the near future that's 21 players?
Zabs - has had a 1 year extension to his contract recently
Nobes - next season I can see him playing less , but he still has something to offer even if it is not on the pitch .
0 x

Doombar

Post by Doombar » Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am

They both can offer something as you say but both of them have given the ball away needlessly and resulted in a goal and getting leggy. don't get me wrong ime not knocking them as on their day they are great and worthy of there positions
but a more youthful player is required to go forward.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am

SoggyOggy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 pm
I've written a short blog post about which players I think will be moving on in the summer and I'd like to hear your opinions. Also would love to know who you want us to sell in the summer and why? whufc_crest

https://jamaicanhammer.home.blog/2019/0 ... eds-to-go/
Interesting and ambitious to replace all the so-called strikers. I would add Lanzini and suggest an energetic creative midfielder as his replacement.

I bet Sanchez,Snodgrass and Antonio are retained as I think Mr P sees them as reliable worker bees.

The good news is we do have some class players - Fabianski,Diop,Balbuena,Rice so there is some framework to build around.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am
SoggyOggy wrote:
I've written a short blog post about which players I think will be moving on in the summer and I'd like to hear your opinions. Also would love to know who you want us to sell in the summer and why? whufc_crest

Interesting and ambitious to replace all the so-called strikers. I would add Lanzini and suggest an energetic creative midfielder as his replacement.

I bet Sanchez,Snodgrass and Antonio are retained as I think Mr P sees them as reliable worker bees.

The good news is we do have some class players - Fabianski,Diop,Balbuena,Rice so there is some framework to build around.
Shame we dont have a decent 20 goal a season striker as our core would be very strong .
0 x

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Clayton wrote:
Adrian - out of contract
Ogbonna - £7m
Obiang -£7m
Snodgrass - age - £6m
Perez - age £4m
Byram - £3m
Hugill - £5m
Martinez - ?
Makasi - ?
Cullen - ?
Samuelsen - ?
Fernandes - £5m

I'm wondering if we could really turn a profit on Arnie and who would even want him?
By the looks of it we're going to have quite a few outgoings. Geo said on cuppa that we have to watch the homegrown player limit so I'm wondering if that might affect possible transfers of Cresswell, Oxford and the like.
0 x

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am
SoggyOggy wrote:

I'd like Perez to stay on, at least for another half season where he gets opportunities. So I wouldn't be ridding of ALL the strikers. And we should still be looking to sign 2 front men.

As much as Lanzini hasn't been in form since his return from injury I wouldn't consider selling at all. We saw how it was in the early season we were totally dependent on Anderson to shoulder all the creative burden. We have to remember how good Lanzini can be at his best. I think after a full preseason he should be fit and firing for the new season.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Doombar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am
They both can offer something as you say but both of them have given the ball away needlessly and resulted in a goal and getting leggy. don't get me wrong ime not knocking them as on their day they are great and worthy of there positions
but a more youthful player is required to go forward.
I agree .
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 pm

SoggyOggy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Clayton wrote:
Adrian - out of contract
Ogbonna - £7m
Obiang -£7m
Snodgrass - age - £6m
Perez - age £4m
Byram - £3m
Hugill - £5m
Martinez - ?
Makasi - ?
Cullen - ?
Samuelsen - ?
Fernandes - £5m

I'm wondering if we could really turn a profit on Arnie and who would even want him?
By the looks of it we're going to have quite a few outgoings. Geo said on cuppa that we have to watch the homegrown player limit so I'm wondering if that might affect possible transfers of Cresswell, Oxford and the like.
I don't know if I have interpreted this right but the squad size is maximum 25 players made up of a maximum 17 foreign players and a minimum 8 homegrown. If you do not have the required number of eligible homegrown players then their spaces in the squad are left blank, but, registered under 21 academy players are allowed to play whether foreign or home grown. So in theory at the start of the season you could submit a squad to the FA for the season with just 17 players, all foreign. Then use your under 21 players from the academy. In theory players such as Rice, Coventry, Johnson and Diangana are classed as U21 / Academy but all are qualified homegrown players as is Trott. As for more senior players we do have Cresswell, Noble, Fredericks, Wilshire and Antonio who would almost certainly be included in the submitted squad at the start of the season as homegrown The homegrown dilemma although a pain in the arse the only real restrictions are that you can only have 17 foreign players, over the age of 21 registered in the squad.
As for turning in a profit for Arnie......we would be lucky to get what we paid for him..... :x :x
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

SoggyOggy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Clayton wrote:
Adrian - out of contract
Ogbonna - £7m
Obiang -£7m
Snodgrass - age - £6m
Perez - age £4m
Byram - £3m
Hugill - £5m
Martinez - ?
Makasi - ?
Cullen - ?
Samuelsen - ?
Fernandes - £5m

Didn't you know Arnautovic is a top striker , well I hope that is what the rest of the footballing world see .
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:58 am
IronsForever wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am
The bets teams in premiership have the best wing backs
Liverpool . I have no idea how many assists Arnold and the left back lad has between them but i bet its more than the whole of our squad.
City have Walker and the Russian guy on the left.
Spurs Trippier and Rose.
Interesting you mention wingbacks and assists....because this season ours were absolute shit.
Left
Cresswell 1 assist PL .......1 assist micky mouse cup
Arthur 1 assist PL.........1 assist micky mouse cup
Right
Zabba 1 assist PL
Fredericks....1 assist micky mouse cup

6 assists between them all season........ :oops: :oops: :oops:

Arnold got 16 on his own and Andy Robertson 13.......

Last year with Fulham Fredericks had 9 assists
Zabba had his usual 1
Cresswell had 7 and Arthur 3.........what the fuck has happened this year then.

Need to have a little crossing / passing practice in the closed season I think
Not forgiving our wingbacks, but it is also helpful for players to get in the box to receive crosses.............

It's easier to say who I do not want to leave - Fabianski, Balbuena, Diop, Rice, Noble, Anderson, Antonio, Lanzini & Yarmolenko - the rest we have done without long enough through injury or I wouldn't shed a tear over.

Re Ogbonna, I don't think we are going to get a much better bench warmer than that - I've been watching him and apart from what he does on the pitch, there is no question he loves this club. I would take him over Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Jones, Smalling, Rojo even Bailly any day - they all play for the "top 6".
0 x

Social Media