purchasing championship players

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: purchasing championship players

Post by thomasswe » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am
To be honest I'd be more excited about signing someone like Neal Maupay than Moussa Marega.
For me there are players in the Championship that are more than worth a punt. The Brentford trio of Maupay, Watkins and Benrahma are all under 24 and are producing the goods.
I don't know about anyone else but Maupay's 25 goals in the Championship impresses me more than Maregas 11 playing for the second best team in Portugal.
Champions league and the portugese league is a bit different from the championship
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: purchasing championship players

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri May 17, 2019 9:50 am

thomasswe wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am
To be honest I'd be more excited about signing someone like Neal Maupay than Moussa Marega.
For me there are players in the Championship that are more than worth a punt. The Brentford trio of Maupay, Watkins and Benrahma are all under 24 and are producing the goods.
I don't know about anyone else but Maupay's 25 goals in the Championship impresses me more than Maregas 11 playing for the second best team in Portugal.
Champions league and the portugese league is a bit different from the championship
There are Championship level teams in both those competitions.
For a £34m striker you'd surely be expecting a better return than a goal every three games in the Portuguese league.
And at 28 Marega is meant to be at his peak.
With Maupay you'd get a lower purchase price, lower wages, the potential for improvement and, even if he failed, a much lower hit on investment if the player was sold on.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media