Ouch! 6-0

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Ouch! 6-0

Post by ToneLoc » Sun May 19, 2019 10:57 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:19 am
ToneLoc wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 pm

"If West Ham had the good fortune to be owned by a nation state and had just completed a domestic treble this board and others like it would be awash with triumphalist postings telling all and sundry how wonderful we are"
You are of course speaking on behalf of an entire support base without due consent !!
You ask my opinion? I would honestly (and I really do mean this sincerely) be bored shitless if we were doing what Bayern Munich were doing every single season.

You're point refers to one season. What some of us are "whining" about is a prolonged period of monotonous dominance.
Two seasons is hardly prolonged dominance but I get your point. It could be heading that way. And the financial fair play rules are the main reason that dominance will continue for a very long time. Scrapping them would be a start.

Would I be bored shitless if we won the league 7 years on the spin ? Possibly. I just don't know because it's never happened nor is it ever likely to. But as a supporter I would still enjoy the experience. Of that I am sure.
Yep that's it for me Whisk. As you say, 2 seasons isn't prolonged in any way. It's just the way I can see it going over the next 4-5 seasons.
Looking at City's so-called competitors: Over the last 2 seasons, only Liverpool have got within a country mile of them and that, imo will be a one-off. I don't see Liverpool getting that close next season and certainly none of the others who look to be struggling with a whole host of problems.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:05 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm
Had every outcome covered bet wise to make a profit on game....But.....
needed Watford to score...
Fucked that one up..... :lol:

Playing a side that can bring De'bruyne...Sane off the bench...and not even bother with Aguero
and Otamendi....is why only scouse get near them,rest of us miles away..

Shame it's not a City Scouse CL Final....would have been good....
So does that mean Man City v Man City ......Community Shield next season..... ;)....

Or will they play second placed Liverpool
Thing is City could field a "B" team in the PL that would go close to CL Qualification..
Foden didn't get a look in,gonna be a Huge Huge Player,and even at 18 I think,walks into
any other PL team...him and Dec together for England...looks really exciting for the future.

Funny tho...still think scouse over 2 legs would have the beating of them..rest of us are shit
scared of City..they're not, they get at them..put them on the back foot,close em down,spuds
done same in Semis...they're not unbeatable..
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun May 19, 2019 12:00 pm

TBH think the red scouse are just as good,can't split em much,as league proves,so don't
think they will dominate,spuds out sussed them as well...lost 4 Games this year(League)
Scouse lost 1.
Someones always top of the tree,we had years of Red Scouse,then the the Arse/Mancs thing,then
Cheats got involved...just said previously,they're(city) beatable.
Arse went a whole season unbeaten...to me makes them the best,well that particular season
anyway.
Remember couple years back they done us 2-1.....2-1 up 10/15 left they were dominating
he (Pep) takes Fernandinho off for Sane I think.. WTF.. :shock: Basic Basic mistake surely
couldn't believe it, we had 2/3 chances last 10 deserved an equaliser...over confidence
or a mistake..........
They're a cracking side,brilliant...can't deny that,but beatable.

I fuckin hate the money buys success in footie,but that's life I'm afraid,in all walks..
But I love Football...so what can you do,Stopped watching other games for a good few years
cos of it...but now just try a see the game for what it is...Football,pure and simple...
And have to admit...there is some great stuff being played now,a joy to watch..
Here and Europe..

Thing with City they go for the Kill.....others go 3 up, that's it games over,bring on some run outs,
or Defensive MFers tie the game up,not them,it's Sane or Aguero,Mahrez,for last 20 or so.

Watford tried hard yesterday....had a couple decent chances early on...but you gotta play 90
mins against sides like city and scouse otherwise they get you...

Something we need to learn ..a game is 90 mins...not 15 on 15 off.... :lol:
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 am
palerider wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 am

May 2023.

West Ham United, two years after the billion pound takeover by Bill Gates, and having already pipped Man City to the title on the last day with an Antoine Griezmann winner at Arsenal, face Manchester United in the FA Cup final at Wembley bidding to do the double.

On a bright sunny day, hordes of Hammers fans converge on the pubs of Harrow.

Meanwhile, Tone happily strolls round the streets of Chelmsford looking in shop windows as he's bored of it all.

:lol:
May 2028

Five years after that fateful day, West Ham United win their 6th straight domestic treble.
Meanwhile, Tone really does stroll around the streets of Chelmsford licking pub windows as he's bored of it all.

:)
January 2029

On the same day that West Ham United beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp to climb to the top of the European Super League in it's inaugural season, newly formed West Ham 29 lose to Great Wakering Rovers at the Spotted Dog ground Forest Gate which they share with Clapton FC.

Sheltering their balti pies from the heavy rain, fans Gonzo and Tone enthuse about the new venture.

'It's bringing football back to the grassroots fans' says Tone. 'I gave up on West Ham years ago as it's boring. There were 37 die-hard Hammers here today and I take great pleasure in that'. '5-2 at Barcelona you say ? 35,000 Hammers fans ?'

'Sold their souls. I bet that plastic cunt Pale was there eh Gonzo ?'

'Sorry mate, wasn't listening. I reckon Wakering's 5th was offside though'.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 pm

The Premier League is just becoming like every other European league where it becomes dominated by one, possibly two teams. Go and look at the winners of La Liga, Seria A, the Bundesliga and Ligue Un for the past 15-20 years - There really isn't a lot of diversity in the names of the winners.

The PL used to be realistically a 5 horse race with any one of Utd, City, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool being genuine contenders - Now I just think we'll be facing years of domination by one side akin the the Bundesliga and Bayern. And that side isn't Liverpool - no matter how well they're playing, City just have that extra depth in both squad and wallet.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm
Had every outcome covered bet wise to make a profit on game....But.....
needed Watford to score...
Fucked that one up..... :lol:

Playing a side that can bring De'bruyne...Sane off the bench...and not even bother with Aguero
and Otamendi....is why only scouse get near them,rest of us miles away..

Shame it's not a City Scouse CL Final....would have been good....
City and Liverpool are 2 years ahead of anyone else right now in Premiership mate. Arsenal are 3 years off them and Man U are a mess. Chelsea need a sort out and Spurs haven,t the strength in depth to stay with them..
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun May 19, 2019 1:08 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 am

May 2028

Five years after that fateful day, West Ham United win their 6th straight domestic treble.
Meanwhile, Tone really does stroll around the streets of Chelmsford licking pub windows as he's bored of it all.

:)
January 2029

On the same day that West Ham United beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp to climb to the top of the European Super League in it's inaugural season, newly formed West Ham 29 lose to Great Wakering Rovers at the Spotted Dog ground Forest Gate which they share with Clapton FC.

Sheltering their balti pies from the heavy rain, fans Gonzo and Tone enthuse about the new venture.

'It's bringing football back to the grassroots fans' says Tone. 'I gave up on West Ham years ago as it's boring. There were 37 die-hard Hammers here today and I take great pleasure in that'. '5-2 at Barcelona you say ? 35,000 Hammers fans ?'

January 2029...... same day at the Nou Camp:
"I hear we've just bought Charlton and QPR this week" says Pale to Tenzing Muggleton-Smythe, newly acquired "super supporter" formerly of Worplesdon Tennis Club.
"Yes indeed replies Tenzing, hopefully next month we'll usurp Watford and Crystal Palace too".
"I hear those oiks at West Ham 29 lost today, I bet Gonzo and Tone will be spewing their jellied eels all over that mud-bowl".
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun May 19, 2019 1:30 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:08 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:28 pm

January 2029

January 2029...... same day at the Nou Camp:
"I hear we've just bought Charlton and QPR this week" says Pale to Tenzing Muggleton-Smythe, newly acquired "super supporter" formerly of Worplesdon Tennis Club.
"Yes indeed replies Tenzing, hopefully next month we'll usurp Watford and Crystal Palace too".
"I hear those oiks at West Ham 29 lost today, I bet Gonzo and Tone will be spewing their jellied eels all over that mud-bowl".
:lol:

Numbers' secret identity finally revealed.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:35 pm
The Premier League is just becoming like every other European league where it becomes dominated by one, possibly two teams. Go and look at the winners of La Liga, Seria A, the Bundesliga and Ligue Un for the past 15-20 years - There really isn't a lot of diversity in the names of the winners.

The PL used to be realistically a 5 horse race with any one of Utd, City, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool being genuine contenders - Now I just think we'll be facing years of domination by one side akin the the Bundesliga and Bayern. And that side isn't Liverpool - no matter how well they're playing, City just have that extra depth in both squad and wallet.
I don't think that's accurate, Bill. If you look at those leagues the dominant teams are generally head and shoulders more wealthy than the rest. Bayern, Juve, PSG, Barcelona and Real are financially untouchable.
Thats not true of City, who can still be outspent, or at least matched, by 3 sides in the PL.
Then of course there's the issue of Guardiola, who has been a gun for hire in recent years.
And isn't the kind of manager who will still be at city in 3, 4, 5 years time. Realistically, how long before PSG or Juventus tempt him away with a caravan full of cash and desperate pleas to win them a Champions League?
No team has ever won the PL more than 3 seasons on the trot.
The last 10 years has seen 4 different winners of the PL.
In the Bundesliga it's 2 -- Bayern currently on a streak of 7 in a row.
In Serie A it's 3 -- Juventus currently on a streak of 8 in a row.
In La Liga it's 3 -- with Atletico the only team to break the Barce/Real syranglehold in the last 15 years.
In Ligue 1 it's 5 -- however it's worth noting that PSG didn't become the overpowering force in French football they now are until the 12/13 season, and since then the only other team to be champions are Monaco.

In truth the PL is still as open now as in previous decades. In the noughties there were 3 different winners. In the 90s 4. The 80s also 4. And even the power of Brian Clough could only produce 5 different winners in the 70s.

So I don't believe there's too much danger of a decade long City domination. Much like Manure and the plastics the good times won't last forever.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun May 19, 2019 3:41 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:20 am
4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 am
i already see that some so called fans where i live are supporting man city with there shirts like they have supported them all there life
There'll always be bandwagon jumpers. I remember sitting behind some Blackburn fans at UP. One of them still had the price tag hanging out of the back of his club shirt turning round and asking his mate who the balding bloke up front for them was, I kid you not. (Shearer in case you didn't guess).

But go to the centre of Manchester, ask the locals who they support. 7 out of 10 will say City.

Because they live in Manchester, not Guildford.
i wonder if he still supports blackburn lol
0 x

Social Media