Ouch! 6-0

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Ouch! 6-0

Post by mkhammer » Mon May 20, 2019 10:24 am

Still think the definitive thing is Champs League...I mean if you wanna be called a "Great Side"
that's what edges it for me...being the best domestically makes you a Very good side,and they
only won that by a point.
They find the top table Euro footie not so easy...and thats even against English clubs,Spanked by
Scouse couple years ago...out done tactically by Spuds this.

So till they Conquer that, a very good side,not a great side....Pep knows that as well....

Sounds like I'm a Scouse Fan...can assure ...absolutely not.... :lol:
Just seems like they have a piece of the Jigsaw missing still....Scouse dont..(Eurowise)
not PL..different level..

Scouse's final pieces were the Fullbacks,and dick van dyke.....Maybe another CH as well
for City (which they'll be getting now)and reckon another more defensive MFer,maybe just a
bit to attack minded in Euro football against the very best.
Scouse will shove in both, Milner and Henderson,when needs be,both can do the box to box
grafting thing,with Fabinho sitting tight,Wijnadum/Keita as well...they edge the defensive MF
side of things over city for me..gives them the edge.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:24 am
Still think the definitive thing is Champs League...I mean if you wanna be called a "Great Side"
that's what edges it for me...being the best domestically makes you a Very good side,and they
only won that by a point.
They find the top table Euro footie not so easy...and thats even against English clubs,Spanked by
Scouse couple years ago...out done tactically by Spuds this.

So till they Conquer that, a very good side,not a great side....Pep knows that as well....

Sounds like I'm a Scouse Fan...can assure ...absolutely not.... :lol:
Just seems like they have a piece of the Jigsaw missing still....Scouse dont..(Eurowise)
not PL..different level..

Scouse's final pieces were the Fullbacks,and dick van dyke.....Maybe another CH as well
for City (which they'll be getting now)and reckon another more defensive MFer,maybe just a
bit to attack minded in Euro football against the very best.
Scouse will shove in both, Milner and Henderson,when needs be,both can do the box to box
grafting thing,with Fabinho sitting tight,Wijnadum/Keita as well...they edge the defensive MF
side of things over city for me..gives them the edge.
CL is the top club trophy so I agree. Can't agree they were tactically "done" by Spurs though although I do agree Guardiola's defensive strategy in the first leg was odd. Game at The Etihad was pretty much decided by 2 uncharacteristic errors by LaPorte, both of which led to goals. Not a lot any coach can do about that sort of thing.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Marco Boogers Boots wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm

City have spent money,but they haven't gone out and broke individual transfer records like Man U,Liverpool and Chelsea have.They have done it at least twice too.

Pep takes very good players and makes them even better.

On City dominating?I have heard this so many times,United,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal will all dominate for years on end after they have won a couple of titles.That's what our media do.No doubt in a couple years,it will be someone else's turn.

Saying that,I still think City is the best English side I have ever seen and probably only Barcelona under Pep have been better.
Before I start, I'll say that; Pep is an unbelievable manager / coach and definitely makes players better. City are also brilliant to watch and I'm glad they pipped the Scousers to the league.

But... Pep has hardly spent pennies, has he!? The cunt did 200 million quid on full backs in one transfer window!!!
Yes but Man Utd have a 90m forward and a 90m Midfielder alongside a 60m Midfielder and they are shit so just because you have money does not guarantee success.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 am
Like people say were only pissed off because its some other team and not West Ham. If we was buying Messi we wouldnt hear our fans moaning about it but because its someone else were complaining.

Of course.

We are supposed to have a preference for West Ham are we not?

Of course we're pissed off if someone else wins the cup. Of course we're jealous when someone is owned by a billionaire whilst ours is taking money out.

We're supposed to be biased aren't we? I've certainly never known of fawning for another club on this scale before.

The underdog is supposed to stick two fingers up at the big boys. Man City are the richest club in the world but get treated as if the Dog & Duck have somehow won the treble with a bunch of factory workers in the team.
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm

But what a fucking joy to watch in full flow.

Reminds me of us, under Macari
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 pm
Parry Hotter wrote:
Like people say were only pissed off because its some other team and not West Ham. If we was buying Messi we wouldnt hear our fans moaning about it but because its someone else were complaining.

Of course.

Of course we're pissed off if someone else wins the cup. Of course we're jealous when someone is owned by a billionaire whilst ours is taking money out.

We're supposed to be biased aren't we? I've certainly never known of fawning for another club on this scale before.

The underdog is supposed to stick two fingers up at the big boys. Man City are the richest club in the world but get treated as if the Dog & Duck have somehow won the treble with a bunch of factory workers in the team.

could not agree with you more Gonzo, personally i hope they get hit with a FFP ban , taking them out of the champions league, which is the holy grail for all city fans i know (albeit, the tune changed when they got knocked out ....again). probably a hint of jealousy , but i have never found tippy tappy football played by pep to be an exciting watch, would prefer to watch Liverpools attack mentality all day.
1 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:45 pm

jameskel wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm
But what a fucking joy to watch in full flow.

Reminds me of us, under Macari
Ah the memories.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon May 20, 2019 2:49 pm

The funny thing is that Man Utd's spending on players is very close to City, around 415 Million. City haven't spent huge sums, they have brought in very decent players and improved them. Pepsi Cola deserves the credit for that.

Leroy Sane Schalke £37,000,000 02 Aug, 2016
Gabriel Jesus Palmeiras £27,000,000 03 Aug, 2016
Bernardo Silva Monaco £43,000,000 26 May, 2017
Kyle Walker Tottenham £45,000,000 14 Jul, 2017

These 4 right here are in OUR price range,

Raheem Sterling Liverpool £44,000,000 14 Jul, 2015
Nicolas Otamendi Valencia £28,500,000 20 Aug, 2015

Kevin De Bruyne Wolfsburg £55,000,000 30 Aug, 2015

Basically they grought in players and welded them into a system of playing. Pepsi came in and developed them even more.
I know the price of buying players have risen but how much value has city had and have still from them prices?

Fernandowho has been a rock cost them 12 Million.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Parry Hotter wrote:

Of course.

Being biased means refusing to see the merits of things other than what you believe in yourself. I want to see West Ham win but I can accept it when we're played off the park by a superior outfit. Imo being biased is what causes people to run to their keyboards complaining about favouritism towards the "big clubs", how unfair it is we haven't all got the money (insert club name here) have. And above all in my book being biased is why, instead of looking deeper for the roots of problems and seeking solutions, more often than not we hide behind the "not our fault, life's so unfair" excuse. We shouldn't confuse bias with the ambition, and desire for success, most of us have for the club.

I enjoy watching City's football. Imo anyone who enjoys football would. Of course it helps to be able to buy the best players. But hasn't it always been the same ? Even Blackburn Rovers bought the title, and good luck to them, when a mere millionaire could make the difference. The other 11 Premier League titles in the first 12 were won by Man United (8) and Arsenal (3). At the time I would bet they were the biggest spenders in the transfer market.

As for underdogs. I'd rather see Man City wipe the floor with spoilers like Burnley and Brighton, to name 2. Which is why I'm prepared to give Watford a bit of credit for their approach on Saturday. At least they gave it a go rather than doing a Dyche and parking 11 lumps behind the ball and probably losing 1 or 2 nil and making the game an attack v defence training session.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm
Gonzo wrote:

Of course.

could not agree with you more Gonzo, personally i hope they get hit with a FFP ban , taking them out of the champions league, which is the holy grail for all city fans i know (albeit, the tune changed when they got knocked out ....again). probably a hint of jealousy , but i have never found tippy tappy football played by pep to be an exciting watch, would prefer to watch Liverpools attack mentality all day.

I had the same conversation with my mate the other day. He loved the Barca style but it always bored the fuck out of me.

I much preferred Milan with Gullit, Van Basten & Donadoni breaking quickly.

I don't like the hoofball but ideally 4 or 5 incisive passes to get the ball into the box.

I'm not anti technique and my favourite player of recent times was Ronaldinho but I do love fast attacking and crosses.

It's edge of the seat stuff and very exciting to watch.

To be fair I don't think City are as bad as Barca because of Sterling and Sane. But all that tippy tappy passing between Xavi and Iniesta would drive me up the wall after the 10th pass.
0 x

Social Media