Realistic Transfer Targets

Chat about anything football related here!
SoggyOggy

Re: Realistic Transfer Targets

Post by SoggyOggy » Tue May 21, 2019 5:08 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 pm
SoggyOggy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:34 pm
Stumbled across a video of a left back, Renan Lodi from Brazilian club Atletico Paranaense only 21 years old and after watching a few videos I must say I am impressed. Speedy, can whip in an inch perfect cross and has a stinging long shot in him. Didn't see any defensive highlights so that was a slight worry but he definitely looks like an upgrade attacking end product wise to both Cresswell and Masuaku.

Someone mentioned Nicolo Barella a CM playing in Serie A he looks pretty decent as well lots of energy and decent on the ball.

Glen Kamara impressed me when I watched the old firm derby recently, he plays for Rangers as a box to box mid and is 23. He came from the Arsenal academy so would count as homegrown I believe. watched some of his highlights online and he is composed on the ball loves to drive forward and has a decent tackle on him.

Rafael Leao from Lille is an interesting young striker and Jean-Philippe Mateta has been making waves in Germany with his impressive first season scoring 14 goals.
He plays for my local team, albeit 400 miles away. I was there last night when they played Corinthians, but he was not playing. To be honest he is not and upgrade on Cresswell defensively or Arthurs offensive quality. Likewise it would be very hard to obtain a work visa as he has not represented his country at any level.
Have a look at Angelino...Spanish...who plays for PSV in Holland......and he also qualifies as a home grown player as he was at Man City academy for 4 years or so. We missed out big time when they sold the lad to PSV for 5 million...and still only 22....its worth watching

He looks great. Lots of successful crosses just what we need in our side.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 am

Wesley Moraes. 22. Brazilian striker at Club Brugges. Newcastle also sniffing.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed May 22, 2019 9:18 am

palerider wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 am
Wesley Moraes. 22. Brazilian striker at Club Brugges. Newcastle also sniffing.
I listened to a couple of experts running their eye over him last night. He's mustard apparently. :D
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 am

Trouble is a lot of these guys are maybe maybe not,players...what standard of football
are they playing at....Team for Team, Player for Player the PLs the best league in the world now,
are they at that level...we've just had to many maybe/maybe nots over the years...done us no favours.

Bit like the guy who scores shit loads of goals in his sunday pub side,stick him in a Saturday
afternoon team...he's crap.... :lol:

Be looking at Spending big on just a couple of PL Ready Players...guys that would step in
to most PL sides...but because they at a top 6 club can't get regular footie getting a bit
frustrated...rather go in for 2 35/40 millers than 4/5 maybe overpriced 10/15 million pound
players.

But will say...what we have now in playing recruitment is the best it's ever been...
(I'm assuming you know who, keeps his footie knowledge out of it)
so I'll shut up look forward to it and see what they do... :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed May 22, 2019 4:25 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 am
Trouble is a lot of these guys are maybe maybe not,players...what standard of football
are they playing at....Team for Team, Player for Player the PLs the best league in the world now,
are they at that level...we've just had to many maybe/maybe nots over the years...done us no favours.

Bit like the guy who scores shit loads of goals in his sunday pub side,stick him in a Saturday

Be looking at Spending big on just a couple of PL Ready Players...guys that would step in
to most PL sides...but because they at a top 6 club can't get regular footie getting a bit
frustrated...rather go in for 2 35/40 millers than 4/5 maybe overpriced 10/15 million pound
players.

But will say...what we have now in playing recruitment is the best it's ever been...
Risk/reward, mate. Look what happened when Sullivan's policy was to go for PL tried and tested before.
Looking around we'd probably end up with the likes of Cahill and Mooy, on massive wages.
The point here is we already have a team capable of finishing mid table, so what we're really after is hitting that jackpot of a player who either turns out to be much, much better than his current situation (club, league, etc) suggests, or is young enough to have the potential to do that.
You don't win big betting on the favourite every time.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed May 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:25 pm
mkhammer wrote:

players.

Risk/reward, mate. Look what happened when Sullivan's policy was to go for PL tried and tested before.
Looking around we'd probably end up with the likes of Cahill and Mooy, on massive wages.
The point here is we already have a team capable of finishing mid table, so what we're really after is hitting that jackpot of a player who either turns out to be much, much better than his current situation (club, league, etc) suggests, or is young enough to have the potential to do that.
You don't win big betting on the favourite every time.
:lol: ...Thats really funny you said that...I bet on the GGs quite a bit...and only ever bet on Favs..
Must be me.....No wonder we're always on beans and toast here..... :lol:

Nah your right do have a point,but would like the Big Signings still,tried and tested...not bloody
sullies version of it tho...and focus more on the youth /academy players for the rest of squad,
17/18 maybe PL Proven players...2/3 outside chancers...5/6 thru the ranks..
1 x

h69

Post by h69 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:07 pm

mkhammer wrote:

players.

Players costing 35m already in the PL are either not going to move or are being offloaded for a reason mate.

We have a bad record in signing players who are maybe surplus at top 6 PL teams with their confidence low...Perez was one who Arsenal fans were sad to let go, so was Andy Carroll another 30m player at a top 6 side.

We need to find a mix of young players and players who are undervalued...a bit like Fabianski, Diop and Balbuena.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 pm

I was talking to a mate of mine who lives in Holland yesterday and got on to the subject of football, as usual. He is an avid FC Utrecht fan, who are in the playoffs to get a Euro spot next season. They face Vitesse, what are your chances I asked, slim was his reply, because they have Martin Ødegaard......Now there's a name from the past.

I had a look at his stats for last season, impressive, apparently he can play the Lanzini role, or R & L wing. Scored 8 and 10 assists, not bad for a 20 year old. :shock: ..ffs still only 20. He is still contracted to Real Madrid and my mate said that they will sell him this window for 18-20 million, but it looks like Ajax will move for him as their winning team looks like it is going to be decimated this window.

Would of been worth a punt....IMO...not quite good enough for Real Madrid but a good improvement for us.
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 pm
I was talking to a mate of mine who lives in Holland yesterday and got on to the subject of football, as usual. He is an avid FC Utrecht fan, who are in the playoffs to get a Euro spot next season. They face Vitesse, what are your chances I asked, slim was his reply, because they have Martin Ødegaard......Now there's a name from the past.

I had a look at his stats for last season, impressive, apparently he can play the Lanzini role, or R & L wing. Scored 8 and 10 assists, not bad for a 20 year old. :shock: ..ffs still only 20. He is still contracted to Real Madrid and my mate said that they will sell him this window for 18-20 million, but it looks like Ajax will move for him as their winning team looks like it is going to be decimated this window.

Would of been worth a punt....IMO...not quite good enough for Real Madrid but a good improvement for us.
But aren't the flanks our best covered position? We even deploy wingers centrally (Lanzini, Snodgrass)
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am

Clayton wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:31 am
Flairon wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:59 am
How about:

Hatem Ben Arfa
Yacine Brahimi
Matteo Darmian
Alan Dzagoev

the contracts for whom I believe expire this year.
I would say all are realistic transfer targets , but not the way I want to see us go , all of them are past what many would say were their consistent playing days at the top level of English football.
Hard to argue with that. I mentioned them merely as realistic and available players, rather than players I actually want.

Isaac Hayden may also be a realistic option.
0 x
Flairon

Social Media