Whatever happened too... ??

Chat about anything football related here!
Post Reply
   
User avatar
Olas1
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 am
x 1
x 3

Whatever happened too... ??

Post by Olas1 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 pm

With the silly season upon us I thought it may be interesting to see what some former Hammers or nearly former Hammers have been up to. The ones that got away NOT!!?!

We all remember Simone Zaza who joined on a loan deal from Juventus, and indeed scored at the London Stadium for the Italians in a friendly.. sadly the move to West Ham didn’t work out and he joined Valencia on loan, and then secured a permanent transfer scoring some amazing goals and was picked once again for the national team. Fast forward to the beginning of the 2018/19 season and he joined Torino on loan, in what has been a poor season for the player, netting 3 goals in 28 starts!!
Another player who joined on loan with international pedigree was Gokhan Torre who has since only played 3 games for Besiktas, that was an accident waiting to happen phew!
Moving onto a player who we agreed a fee for yet he didn’t want to join us is the veteran Carlos Bacca who now plys his trade in the La Liga for Villarreal. Having missed a penalty against England in the World Cup, he hit the back of the net in the league 6 times in 33 starts - a poor return for a player who had a price tag of £25m!!

The moral is BE CAREFUL!!!
1 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 6796
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm
x 507
x 323

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by Gonzo » Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Olas1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 pm
With the silly season upon us I thought it may be interesting to see what some former Hammers or nearly former Hammers have been up to. The ones that got away NOT!!?!

We all remember Simone Zaza who joined on a loan deal from Juventus, and indeed scored at the London Stadium for the Italians in a friendly.. sadly the move to West Ham didn’t work out and he joined Valencia on loan, and then secured a permanent transfer scoring some amazing goals and was picked once again for the national team. Fast forward to the beginning of the 2018/19 season and he joined Torino on loan, in what has been a poor season for the player, netting 3 goals in 28 starts!!
Another player who joined on loan with international pedigree was Gokhan Torre who has since only played 3 games for Besiktas, that was an accident waiting to happen phew!
Moving onto a player who we agreed a fee for yet he didn’t want to join us is the veteran Carlos Bacca who now plys his trade in the La Liga for Villarreal. Having missed a penalty against England in the World Cup, he hit the back of the net in the league 6 times in 33 starts - a poor return for a player who had a price tag of £25m!!

The moral is BE CAREFUL!!!
Funnily enough a post popped up today saying that Feghouli was in fine from.

Torre was shockingly shit and we dodged a bullet with that £23m buyout for Zaza.
0 x

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2552
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm
x 379
x 63

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by Noni » Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 am

Who was the guy, who aimed at the goal but instead the ball went to the corner post. Was it Zaza?
0 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3117
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 503
x 385

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Noni wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 am
Who was the guy, who aimed at the goal but instead the ball went to the corner post. Was it Zaza?
Yes it was

1 x

User avatar
thomasswe
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:52 pm
x 17
x 48

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by thomasswe » Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 am

Gonzo wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 pm
Olas1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 pm
With the silly season upon us I thought it may be interesting to see what some former Hammers or nearly former Hammers have been up to. The ones that got away NOT!!?!

We all remember Simone Zaza who joined on a loan deal from Juventus, and indeed scored at the London Stadium for the Italians in a friendly.. sadly the move to West Ham didn’t work out and he joined Valencia on loan, and then secured a permanent transfer scoring some amazing goals and was picked once again for the national team. Fast forward to the beginning of the 2018/19 season and he joined Torino on loan, in what has been a poor season for the player, netting 3 goals in 28 starts!!
Another player who joined on loan with international pedigree was Gokhan Torre who has since only played 3 games for Besiktas, that was an accident waiting to happen phew!
Moving onto a player who we agreed a fee for yet he didn’t want to join us is the veteran Carlos Bacca who now plys his trade in the La Liga for Villarreal. Having missed a penalty against England in the World Cup, he hit the back of the net in the league 6 times in 33 starts - a poor return for a player who had a price tag of £25m!!

The moral is BE CAREFUL!!!
Funnily enough a post popped up today saying that Feghouli was in fine from.

Torre was shockingly shit and we dodged a bullet with that £23m buyout for Zaza.
Always thought Feghouli was a good player but if there is one position we don't need players in it's wingers
1 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 7450
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 213
x 547

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by palerider » Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 am

All of the heroes.
0 x
Determined to take us to the next level.

User avatar
hd1
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Lost, looking for who we used to be
x 270
x 145

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by hd1 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am

palerider wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 am
All of the heroes.
Not forgetting the Shakespearos
0 x

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 1772
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 47
x 109

Re: Whatever happened too... ??

Post by Mikeveep » Mon May 20, 2019 10:48 am

Ricardo Vaz Te...

If only we'd played him as a second striker instead of sticking him on the wing.

Languishing in the second tier in China now.
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media