Zabaleta: Pellegrini is trying to take West Ham to another level

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon May 20, 2019 11:38 am

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ther-level
"Trying" is the key word here !

Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold believe there is ‘great anticipation and excitement about what lies in store for next season’ for West Ham United.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... about-what

This pair need to live in the real world , if they actually put their hands in their pockets and give Pellegrini what he would need to take the team to the next level , instead of continuously reneging on what they said when we were taken to the LS . Not denying last summers expenditure , but they have to keep pushing our limits , this summers transfer window has just opened and if we are to belief what has been reported that Pellegrini has a transfer kitty of around £30m plus player sales , this does not fill me with anticipation or excitement for next season .

Recent rumours of players like Marega , Rondon , Dzeko , Brahimi , Balotelli , Herrera , Yann M’Vila and Caballeroare are not next level players they will just make us the oldest team in the premiership .
All we can hope for is that Pellegrini and staff have been looking far and wide and have found a few gems that are under the radar and not in retirement mode and looking for their last big pay day !
At the moment our team doesnt look good enough , we are weak at the back on the flanks , we are not dynamic enough in midfield and we definitely don't have a strike force that is going to score goals .
0 x

only1salty

Re: Zabaleta: Pellegrini is trying to take West Ham to another level

Post by only1salty » Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am

I am usually a glass half empty type. What is "another level" for West Ham? In the 40 years I have supported them we have been a yo-yo side.

Therefore the next level is arguably mid table mediocrity for a few years and pushing the Europa League spot on a regular basis.

We have the squad to do that if we continue to invest. Cash in on the likely big earners and invest wisely. If we sit on our hands for another 2 seasons transfer windows like we did the previous 2 before last summer then we will only go backwards.

This season has been positive for me. We have looked to play some decent stuff at times, we haven't really looked to be in trouble after a bad start and we have played without a striker all season.

With some shrewd work we could continue next season
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon May 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Although the transfer kitty from the board seems low, if it is 30 million, I expect that will be the nett spend. With player sales I wouldn't be surprised to see us spend over 100 million this season again, which is achievable, just, even if we don't sell Arnie. I suspect we will spend big on two positions, LWB and CM,( 30-35 million) with some decent up and coming strikers, who we have probably never heard of coming in. Just by filling the two main positions would produce more quality in the team where we were lacking last season, and hopefully fewer goals conceded and more scoring chances created. The players will all hopefully not be older than 26 so still have time under Pellegrini's guidance of improving and play the type of football he wants us play.
Whoever comes in will be another piece in the jigsaw, that will take another season to complete. Players like Marega , Rondon , Dzeko , Brahimi , Balotelli , Herrera , Yann M’Vila and Caballeroare, will not be wearing the West Ham shirt, I'm almost sure of it, but am looking forward to the players that do.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:16 pm

only1salty wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am
I am usually a glass half empty type. What is "another level" for West Ham? In the 40 years I have supported them we have been a yo-yo side.

Therefore the next level is arguably mid table mediocrity for a few years and pushing the Europa League spot on a regular basis.

We have the squad to do that if we continue to invest. Cash in on the likely big earners and invest wisely. If we sit on our hands for another 2 seasons transfer windows like we did the previous 2 before last summer then we will only go backwards.

This season has been positive for me. We have looked to play some decent stuff at times, we haven't really looked to be in trouble after a bad start and we have played without a striker all season.

With some shrewd work we could continue next season
I agree. Being up in 10th is next level to where we have been the last few years and the next step is to challenge for 7th regularly. 2-3 top quality players and we can move up a level again. One step at a time !
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 pm

"Balotelli"....just the sort of player we really do not need...ever...I cant believe any rumour of him being on our radar is anything more than just that a rumour, concocted to fill a few column inches...if we are after him then it proves beyond any doubt (if there still is any) that absolutely no lessons whatsover have been learnt over the past years
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Rick_Deckard wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 pm
"Balotelli"....just the sort of player we really do not need...ever...I cant believe any rumour of him being on our radar is anything more than just that a rumour, concocted to fill a few column inches...if we are after him then it proves beyond any doubt (if there still is any) that absolutely no lessons whatsover have been learnt over the past years
I'd take Balotelli every single time ahead of the 1 goal every 4 games Rondon. At least he wouldn't be boring! :lol:
1 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm

agreed, Rondon is a fucking disaster
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm

I don't think next level is even about where we finish it's about ambition.
Buying a player like Rondon isn't ambitious. He's spent his entire career playing Mediocre football at mediocre club's.
For me ambition is buying a player that has the potential to go beyond mediocrity, well beyond it. Whether the player is young like Silva, or inconsistent like Anderson there is that potential to be special. That's what we need, especially in attacking areas.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Buying a player like Rondon isn't ambitious. He's spent his entire career playing Mediocre football at mediocre club's.
For me ambition is buying a player that has the potential to go beyond mediocrity, well beyond it. Whether the player is young like Silva, or inconsistent like Anderson there is that potential to be special. That's what we need, especially in attacking areas.
I agree Nev but bigger teams than us are also in the market for players and its not going to be easy .
Players with ambition want Euro football and want to be challenging for something. Anderson was an in and out player for Lazio and we jumped in at a perfect time in his career. If we keep Arnie at least we can puff out our chest and say we have Whilshire, Lanzini, Arnie, Anderson and Yarmelenko on the books showing we are serious about challenging for Euro places. BUT the twins also need to pull up a decent size war chest to get them players because unless we go in significantly higher than Chelsea or Arsenal they wont be joining.
Who is west ham to a 22 year old , on the rise player in Europe? Mention a team in the top 6 or Everton and they are all ears.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Mon May 20, 2019 3:18 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm
I agree Nev but bigger teams than us are also in the market for players and its not going to be easy .
Players with ambition want Euro football and want to be challenging for something. Anderson was an in and out player for Lazio and we jumped in at a perfect time in his career. If we keep Arnie at least we can puff out our chest and say we have Whilshire, Lanzini, Arnie, Anderson and Yarmelenko on the books showing we are serious about challenging for Euro places. BUT the twins also need to pull up a decent size war chest to get them players because unless we go in significantly higher than Chelsea or Arsenal they wont be joining.
Who is west ham to a 22 year old , on the rise player in Europe? Mention a team in the top 6 or Everton and they are all ears.
I think potential signings would view us and everton about the same, top 6 is another issue.

I'm always more exited about the relative unknowns such as Lanzini, Diop and Balbuena. Players like them are proof that there still are gems to be found around despite the whole would being scouted. Money alone wont get us to the next level because of the big club favouring FFP, we need to be smart along with spending when the opportunity arises (like Anderson) and to not chase uninterested players (Bacca, Batshuayi)
2 x

Social Media