Maxi Gomez

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Maxi Gomez

Post by hd1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 am
The whole saga has played out very “Sullivan-esque”.
Only if you believe the rumours.

Whilst that was the way we did business in the past, there is no evidence that this is the way we continue to do it in the purchase of Anderson, Diop, Yarmelenko, Sanchez, Fabianski, Fornals etc.

The player wanted to go elsewhere and Valencia offered money and two players which was more attractive to Celta Vigo than a straight cash offer (due to sell on clause), it was always stacked against us.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 am

hd1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 am
ToneLoc wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:34 am
The whole saga has played out very “Sullivan-esque”.
Only if you believe the rumours.

Whilst that was the way we did business in the past, there is no evidence that this is the way we continue to do it in the purchase of Anderson, Diop, Yarmelenko, Sanchez, Fabianski, Fornals etc.

The player wanted to go elsewhere and Valencia offered money and two players which was more attractive to Celta Vigo than a straight cash offer (due to sell on clause), it was always stacked against us.
Your use of the words “we” and “evidence” makes you sound more like Sullivan’s defence lawyer than a West Ham supporter mate ;)

That said, I do agree re: your points about Valencia and the fact that the player always wanted to remain in Spain.
In fairness, the last thing “we” needed was another expensive, sulking mistake.
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

hd1

Post by hd1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am

Don't know about you Tone but I always talk about the club as 'we'. The club is about the supporters, not the owners or sponsors.
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 am

It looks very much as if Celta Vigo and Valencia are trying to pull a fast one in terms of the valuation of the player Valencia are offering in part exchange. If reports are to be believed the player is rated at 20 million but they have put a value of 1 million on the proposed contract. This of course adversely affects the sell on clause from the players former club as well as the commission payable to the players agents. If this is to be believed, surely a law suits beckons....
0 x
Flairon

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 am

hd1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am
Don't know about you Tone but I always talk about the club as 'we'. The club is about the supporters, not the owners or sponsors.
I have a tendency to separate the club’s business activities from my own and fellow supporter activities.
For the latter I use “we” and “us”, not the former.
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:33 am

Ironworksfc wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:24 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:59 pm

TBF, he does seem to have mellowed a bit (Scooters and fuckwit bar owners excepted), especially on the pitch. I can't really see him coming to blows with Pellegrini like he apparently did with Mancini and I reckon Pelle would be able to get the best out of him. I could honestly see him becoming a fan favourite since we seem to really love a maverick. Especially lunatic Italians.

Besides, it wouldn't be WHUFC without a head case in our squad! A year long contract with an extension if he behaves isn't really that much of a risk - his wages are surprisingly not mega either. I think we'd be mental not to at least consider him, especially as he's free.
Italian :lol:
Eh? Wot? I don't gettit. :?
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Don't worry looks like the deal is back on now and he did stand on the north bank as a kid ... kickimmuts whufc_crest

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -to-be-off
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm

hammerwell75 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Don't worry looks like the deal is back on now and he did stand on the north bank as a kid ... kickimmuts whufc_crest

Sky used to be a firm you could rely on for news and information regarding transfers

Now they are nothing more than a televised red top

That wino sweaty cunt on Talksport also thinks he’s the fucking itk at every club when all he ever was happened to be the bloke wearing a yellow tie on deadine day reading out an autocue but fair play to him, he’s made a career out of it

I don’t even put SSN on anymore
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:16 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm
hammerwell75 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Sky used to be a firm you could rely on for news and information regarding transfers

Now they are nothing more than a televised red top

That wino sweaty cunt on Talksport also thinks he’s the fucking itk at every club when all he ever was happened to be the bloke wearing a yellow tie on deadine day reading out an autocue but fair play to him, he’s made a career out of it

I don’t even put SSN on anymore
Sky have got too many channels to keep fed during the summer when there is no proper football to fill them up. So they have to produce programs about transfers. But as we've seen the evidence of many times there are a good many people who believe everything they see in print or on their t v screens.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 am

Well I don’t believe a word ... cos words can tell lies ..

Good fun though .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Social Media