Payet.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5362
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 268
x 497

Payet.

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 pm

It would appear that Marseille are in some financial difficulty and are therefore willing to sell their most prized assets, one being a certain Dimitri Payet. So my question is, would you have him back?
Agreed he was a sulky fuck, who we put on the international scene and he did leave in rather acrimonious circumstances. But he was and probably still is, some player.
If we could get him for a knockdown price, would it be worth it?

Thoughts?
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 320
x 407

Re: Payet.

Post by IronsForever » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:04 pm

No chance mate. Unbelievable talent. Scored some goals i havent seen before. The middlesborough one where he took half the team on was amazing and the free kick at Utd. BUT he showed his colors when he just walked away when we needed him most. Players like him never reach the top because they dont have the right application or attitude. How old is he now 31? pace slowing . We have passed him mate and its time to think about a new era of young players WHO ARE WILLING TO DIE FOR THE SHIRT:)
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 305
x 210

Re: Payet.

Post by h69 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Getting on a bit now though mate so I think I prefer going down the Fornals route that Pelle seems to favour.

If he ever came back then I would hope we would not have to pay him half what he was on previously. He tried this last season but wanted more.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 320
x 407

Re: Payet.

Post by IronsForever » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Made me laugh when i heard he fucked off right after they paid him a loyalty bonus. Cop that you mugs he said!! Shows how loyal THAT guy is
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5362
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 268
x 497

Re: Payet.

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm

I have to admit, I'd be more than a tad dubious about having him back, but that said, if we really could work out a cut price deal and obviously a lower wage, then would it be so bad for a year, eighteen months. He's no different to the sulky cunt we have at the moment. And unlike Arnie, he is a game changer. I don't know I'm 50/50 really.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 320
x 407

Re: Payet.

Post by IronsForever » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm
I have to admit, I'd be more than a tad dubious about having him back, but that said, if we really could work out a cut price deal and obviously a lower wage, then would it be so bad for a year, eighteen months. He's no different to the sulky cunt we have at the moment. And unlike Arnie, he is a game changer. I don't know I'm 50/50 really.
He,s quality mate but would he really want to come back? i really doubt he would want to return anyway.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5362
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 268
x 497

Re: Payet.

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm
I have to admit, I'd be more than a tad dubious about having him back, but that said, if we really could work out a cut price deal and obviously a lower wage, then would it be so bad for a year, eighteen months. He's no different to the sulky cunt we have at the moment. And unlike Arnie, he is a game changer. I don't know I'm 50/50 really.
He,s quality mate but would he really want to come back? i really doubt he would want to return anyway.
In all likelihood, probably not mate. But you never know what our shysters have up their sleeve. Fork out 20+million for a new midfielder, or get a cheap payet, I wouldn't bet against it.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10889
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 664
x 438

Re: Payet.

Post by Newmarket » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 pm


He,s quality mate but would he really want to come back? i really doubt he would want to return anyway.
In all likelihood, probably not mate. But you never know what our shysters have up their sleeve. Fork out 20+million for a new midfielder, or get a cheap payet, I wouldn't bet against it.
Not only do I doubt he would want to come back here after all that’s happened , I really think we have more than enough flair players already and we STILL need a DM to partner Rice .
Having said that Payet is the greatest player I’ve ever seen in the Claret & Blue and it ain’t my money so I’d have him back quicker than shit through a Goose .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 30
x 192

Re: Payet.

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 pm

HIs old woman wouldn’t let him .
0 x

User avatar
Macca666
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm
x 29

Re: Payet.

Post by Macca666 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:46 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:30 pm
Made me laugh when i heard he fucked off right after they paid him a loyalty bonus. Cop that you mugs he said!! Shows how loyal THAT guy is
Might be wrong but pretty sure I read somewhere that he was made to pay the loyalty bonus back before he was sold. No doubt the bloke was quality some of the goals he scored were just unbelievable, man Utd cup Bournemouth and palace goals to name a few, would love to know the real reason why he left, I've heard 3 or 4 different versions all might be true all could be false, if we got the same payet then it's a yes all day long I've have him back.
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media