Have the owners moved the club forward?

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

Re: Have the owners moved the club forward?

Post by BCHammer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am

So many metrics.

Yes compared to other "big clubs" like Leeds, Villa, Sunderland etc.

As others have said, Pellegrini and importantly Husillos are finally many steps in the right direction.

We have two borderline world class players in Rice & Anderson, one of the best CB pairings in the league (though we somehow still leak goals so maybe they are not that good....) and one of the top keepers.

It is aleady better, Fornals looks a right baller, just need a striker and we are looking pretty good.

Minus Lacazette & Aubameyang and their 50+ goals, we are better than Arsenal IMO in every position (while Bellerin is out injured) and even Man Utd, minus De Gea and maybe Rashford/Martial, what are they? Lukaku is gone. Chelsea without Hazard are bang average. And all are struggling to/can't buy.

Massive opportunity to go for it, but Wolves, Leicester & Everton will do the same, Watford were the surprise package last season and will want to do the same. I do think at least one, if not two of the "top 6" will drop out, though I doubt it will be us who will take their spot - but that leaves 7/8th attainable and that would be a success for now. We MUST get a cup though.

One other thing, I dislike Brady in many ways, all the corporate stuff, branding, crap like socios, but from the business side of things there are none better anywhere and I do think we now have a financial stability and strength that is far superior to anything we have had before. The day to day running of the club is sound and secure and she deserves credit for that.
2 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:05 am

Sure. Based on squad quality I'd say we've progressed, but so has many outher teams.

As for breaking into top 6 or making 7, we can't expect that but we should aim for it. Top 10 should be the lowest bar.

Look at Everton for example, they have been "stable" for longer than us but doesn't look to be any closer to the top than us. Regarding progression pace I'd say we're doing better than them as they have been "stuck" in the same position for longer. Then we have Wolves who basically took the prem by storm last season, but will they be able to replicate last season?

What we need to achieve next is consitancy in performance. On out day we are able to go head to head with any team, but we were frankly shit for parts of öast season aswell.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am

BCHammer wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am
So many metrics.

As others have said, Pellegrini and importantly Husillos are finally many steps in the right direction.

We have two borderline world class players in Rice & Anderson, one of the best CB pairings in the league (though we somehow still leak goals so maybe they are not that good....) and one of the top keepers.

It is aleady better, Fornals looks a right baller, just need a striker and we are looking pretty good.

Minus Lacazette & Aubameyang and their 50+ goals, we are better than Arsenal IMO in every position (while Bellerin is out injured) and even Man Utd, minus De Gea and maybe Rashford/Martial, what are they? Lukaku is gone. Chelsea without Hazard are bang average. And all are struggling to/can't buy.

Massive opportunity to go for it, but Wolves, Leicester & Everton will do the same, Watford were the surprise package last season and will want to do the same. I do think at least one, if not two of the "top 6" will drop out, though I doubt it will be us who will take their spot - but that leaves 7/8th attainable and that would be a success for now. We MUST get a cup though.

One other thing, I dislike Brady in many ways, all the corporate stuff, branding, crap like socios, but from the business side of things there are none better anywhere and I do think we now have a financial stability and strength that is far superior to anything we have had before. The day to day running of the club is sound and secure and she deserves credit for that.
Good post.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am
BCHammer wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am
So many metrics.

Good post.

Seconded.

I think the reason we leak so many goals is the fullback areas need dealing with. Its the most important position nowadays and the reason that Man City spent about 100M on two themselves.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am

Good post.

Seconded.

I think the reason we leak so many goals is the fullback areas need dealing with. Its the most important position nowadays and the reason that Man City spent about 100M on two themselves.
The way Pellegrini likes to play you definitely need two lung busters at fullback, who can attack and defend.
But, I still think it's that lack of control in midfield that costs us a lot of goals. If you play four at the back, with attacking fullbacks, you have to keep the ball and control the midfield.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm

21212 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:32 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:25 pm
I think they're fantastic :lol:

Not fantastic mate, but when in the last 30 years have you been as certain we are not getting relegated?
"We" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Course they aint. Like whiskey says we was 9th when they brought us and we was 10th last season. We've done fuck all in between apart from going down so how can anyone say we've made progress.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm

Same lacklustre displays
Fucking around in the transfer market
Bottle job cup efforts
Haven’t heard much from the pair of cunts which is about the only glimmer of satisfaction so far apart from the usual flirting with relegation.
Still stagnating.
Onwards and upwards.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Forward? Not so much but they have certainly moved us Northwest a bit.
1 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:29 pm

No 100% No....thanks to TV money and wealthy owners elsewhere ...the PL as a whole is getting
more affluent.....our owners have done diddley...apart from riding the wave....

Laurel and Hardy could have got 50,000 Irons ST Holders in at those prices...
Distinctly typical ave season for us.....9th...still having a little butchers looking over our shoulders
with 6 games left.
Some absolutely abysmal performances(you all know em) along with the good...
If not for Declan coming thru.....think our conversations would be different at the moment,if I'm
honest.

Upset Fans continually,including increasing prices,for the less affluent fans...prove time and time again
they just don't "Get Us"...
Way outta their depth on the Corporate side of things....seems like the lot they got in have all
pissed off to the Spuds....

Word Stagnation comes to mind...

But Peller seemed to have stopped his experimenting,trying to win Pl footie matches,with
lack of attention to Central MF...Owners seem to be taking a bit more of a back seat,in things...
So hopeful for the future and am looking forward to next year,but then again I always do..
Rubbish owners or not...
0 x

Social Media