The Spanish waiter.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The Spanish waiter.

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:49 pm

only1salty wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm
Rafa's style wouldn't have gone down well with the hardcore "West Ham way" brigade imo. He has tended to be a bit safety first throughout his career. Bloody good manager though. Be interesting to see where he ends up. If my name was Ed Woodward---------
Me being one of them, I agree - wouldn't want him unless there was a 2 year steadying job to do. Boring defensive teams. Pay the money, want to enjoy watching it.

On the other hand if I sat at home watching the results come in I might think differently
Imo he would have been a good choice, if available, instead of Allardyce , Bilic & Moyes. Would not be a good move to replace Pellegrini with him, which I think was the question the OP was asking.

And of course safety first football is still safety first football whether watching it from the stand or your armchair. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 pm

I would have taken him over Moyes any day. But I am actually happy to have Pellegrini instead.

One good thing, at least if he goes that is one less team sniffing around the top 10 spots we want.

Can't see it happening, but he is what Old Trafford need round about right now.
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Avram Grant's name has been banded about on SSN re: Newcastle.
FFS poor cunts :roll:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Ibbyham

Benitez to leave Newcastle

Post by Ibbyham » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Glad he is off......shame on Newcastle owners who is ranked the worst football handling. Glad he is not in our club.

What happened to the potential new owner that was to take over? Did it failed?

Avram Grant is favourite to take over as Newcastle manager. WORST than the brolly man.

Newcastle relegation odds has dropped massively halves. They are one of the favourites to go down as Benitez just managed to keep them up last season without spending much.

Poor mismanagement from the owner.
0 x

IronsForever

Re: Benitez to leave Newcastle

Post by IronsForever » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm
Glad he is off......shame on Newcastle owners who is ranked the worst football handling. Glad he is not in our club.

Avram Grant is favourite to take over as Newcastle manager. WORST than the brolly man.

Newcastle relegation odds has dropped massively halves. They are one of the favourites to go down as Benitez just managed to keep them up last season without spending much.

Their owner wont mind relegation. He is milking the revenue from premiership for another season , then he will receive parachute payments from relegation without splashing much dough out. Rondon will sell for 16 Million and he will invest another 20 to keep fans from protesting. Sell some players when relegated and bring in 32 year old premiership players for 2 seasons on a freebie to replace them. Once the parachute payments stop he will sell out for a low price or just ride the club waves. The fan base is huge so the club will always make dough.
Their stadium can hold 52 thousand.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Mourinho's name's being banded around too ffs :lol:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Their owner wont mind relegation. He is milking the revenue from premiership for another season , then he will receive parachute payments from relegation without splashing much dough out. Rondon will sell for 16 Million and he will invest another 20 to keep fans from protesting. Sell some players when relegated and bring in 32 year old premiership players for 2 seasons on a freebie to replace them. Once the parachute payments stop he will sell out for a low price or just ride the club waves. The fan base is huge so the club will always make dough.
What happened to the potential buyer that want Newcastle last month? Did it collapsed? as I haven't heard anything.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 pm
I would have taken him over Moyes any day. But I am actually happy to have Pellegrini instead.

One good thing, at least if he goes that is one less team sniffing around the top 10 spots we want.

Can't see it happening, but he is what Old Trafford need round about right now.
He'd definitely do a job at the red mancs. Comes to something when we'd turn down a manager who would significantly improve them. I guess it goes to show just how piss poorly that club is being run. And long may it continue. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 pm

What happened to the potential buyer that want Newcastle last month? Did it collapsed? as I haven't heard anything.
No idea, but Rafa walking out suggests no buyer and not much funding.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:28 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 pm
Mourinho's name's being banded around too ffs :lol:
Mourinho + Money + Ashley = A recipe for disaster
0 x

Social Media