Rooney as a manager....

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Rooney as a manager....

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nd-and-mls

Interesting to know who those “offers” are from?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

JayK

Re: Rooney as a manager....

Post by JayK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Gotta be desperate to go for him as a manager aint ya. Jesus, he’s got as much charisma and motivational powers as my left arse cheek
0 x
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm

JayK wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 pm
Gotta be desperate to go for him as a manager aint ya. Jesus, he’s got as much charisma and motivational powers as my left arse cheek
My nearest league club, Stevenage, appointed Teddy Sheringham as manager about3 years ago. Crowds went up a bit at the start when he was appointed but it soon became apparent the bloke was totally crap, crowds dropped off and he was sacked. And I'm guessing Sheringham has more in the upstairs department than Rooney. Just don't see shrek as a manager somehow.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm
JayK wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 pm
My nearest league club, Stevenage, appointed Teddy Sheringham as manager about3 years ago. Crowds went up a bit at the start when he was appointed but it soon became apparent the bloke was totally crap, crowds dropped off and he was sacked. And I'm guessing Sheringham has more in the upstairs department than Rooney. Just don't see shrek as a manager somehow.
Remember Teddy (when at Man U) standing in WH Smith on Waterloo Station at a book signing (his) at 17:45...with a crowd of two

Never seen a bloke look so utterly depressed in his life
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:29 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Remember Teddy (when at Man U) standing in WH Smith on Waterloo Station at a book signing (his) at 17:45...with a crowd of two

And he had to bribe his mum and dad to attend mate. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:29 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm

And he had to bribe his mum and dad to attend mate. ;)
Judging by their age, I bet it was the area manager for WH Smith and his sidekick. Ted who at first glance,looked like an in-store cleaner dressed in grey nylon, caught my look and then we both did that thing that people do,when they pretend quickly that they didn't see each other and look away...most fun he had all evening

...not for me,I had two sharpeners in the station lounge bar and he had fucked off at 18:30 by the time I was on the train,nose in book - and not the one half written by himself...
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm

The problem with players who have played at top level managing is they try and play a way where you need decent players. I doubt Teddy would ever park the bus for a point which is why fat Sam has done so well. Rooney would be the same trying to play the ball out from deep and high press etc etc. Give them a 2nd division team and they have no chance.
This is the reason i liked Marco Silva. He did well for most of his time at Hull and got them playing decent footy until he lost a couple of players in transfer window and a few injuries. . I am expecting a big season from Everton next year. Maybe even a shock top 4 seeing as Arsenal need a new defense and ,Man U are all over the place.
They looked a class team when they dominated us at the Olympic. Only 2-0 but they were very comfortable and looked a completely different team to the one we beat earlier in season.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:01 am

Could probably supply a decent granny side to be fair the Scouse nonce.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:46 am

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm
The problem with players who have played at top level managing is they try and play a way where you need decent players. I doubt Teddy would ever park the bus for a point which is why fat Sam has done so well. Rooney would be the same trying to play the ball out from deep and high press etc etc. Give them a 2nd division team and they have no chance.
This is the reason i liked Marco Silva. He did well for most of his time at Hull and got them playing decent footy until he lost a couple of players in transfer window and a few injuries. . I am expecting a big season from Everton next year. Maybe even a shock top 4 seeing as Arsenal need a new defense and ,Man U are all over the place.
They looked a class team when they dominated us at the Olympic. Only 2-0 but they were very comfortable and looked a completely different team to the one we beat earlier in season.
I beg to differ, although I see your point. I coach under 16's in the local leagues and I try to get my boys to play a pass and move game. I know we haven't got the next Lionel Messi but you can still get the boys to move into position to pass/ receive the ball better. I get a real buzz when my boys play a team supposedly better than we are and we win, sometimes convincingly, because we play as a TEAM and not as 11 individuals.

And although I'm biased I think my kids play some decent stuff.
2 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:46 pm

I can't help but think of Darren Farley's comedy act where Rooney is one of his main characters, and now always plays him in a football helmet since his head injury. Too funny and colours my view of him being a manager too much.
0 x

Social Media