Frank Lampard as Chelsea manager

Chat about anything football related here!
Hildreth_1101

Re: Frank Lampard as Chelsea manager

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 pm

grandad wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:12 am
Transfer ban ... blood the youth ..... frank won’t get pelters from the fans.

Good business by Chelsea.
Agree with you Grandad - Good move because he can actually try to shift their policy from buying megastars to actually gifting their masses of talented youth players a chance to play and build a team that can be dominant in 5 years time aside from their usual policy of rotating managers.

For Chelsea though they might have to just accept they won't be challenging for a title any time soon. Thing is the owner probably won't have the patience if they have an average season and next season starts poorly.
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I have no hate towards Frank. He didn't leave to go to China, he became a star and won trophies. I can't begrudge him that.

He could well have a good start, but most of that lot there have no affinity with him as a player.

Now Hazard is gone, most of them are decidedly average apart from Kante & Rudiger, even the best manager can only get them to over perform for so long.

4th spot is up for grabs this season and Chelsea will be fighting with the likes of us for 7th.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm

BCHammer wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:15 pm
I have no hate towards Frank. He didn't leave to go to China, he became a star and won trophies. I can't begrudge him that.

He could well have a good start, but most of that lot there have no affinity with him as a player.

Now Hazard is gone, most of them are decidedly average apart from Kante & Rudiger, even the best manager can only get them to over perform for so long.

4th spot is up for grabs this season and Chelsea will be fighting with the likes of us for 7th.
Not sure they are bang average.. You can add Willian to that list. Loftus Cheek.Hudson Odoi and Barkley. Not bang average players. Could also add Luiz if pressed.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:06 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm
BCHammer wrote:

Not sure they are bang average.. You can add Willian to that list. Loftus Cheek.Hudson Odoi and Barkley. Not bang average players. Could also add Luiz if pressed.
I agree with the average comment tbh. Every team has it's stand outs. Even Palace have Zaha. Willian & Luiz I'll give you but Loftus-Cheek is injured, isn't he, and for me Barkley is bang average (another player hyped up by the media because of his nationality) and Hudson-Odoi ??? Wtf is all the fuss about.

I think, at this moment in time, Chelsea are the most likely of the so called Big 6 to remain part of it. But only because it seems that Man United have totally lost the plot and Arsenal have been going backwards for a year or two now.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:30 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm
BCHammer wrote:

Willian is 30 now and peaked, all downhill from here. He is hot and cold, the Chelsea fans wish he was more consistent. Is he better than Anderson? Not sure he is.

Loftus Cheeke is raw, he will be good. But better than Wilshere or Fornals?

Barkley is bang average, Hudson Odoi needs to prove himself.

Luiz - not a fan, I'd take Balbuena, Diop and a fit Winnie any day.

Point is their star players apart from Hazard are not significantly better than ours.

Is Kepa worth 100% more than Fabianski?

The rest of the team are nothing special - Zapacosta, Alonso, even Kovacic for example.
0 x

Social Media