Geordies

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Geordies

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm

A;; very well saying they don't want him but it looks as if the club is in a real mess right now so they certainly can't expect anyone close to the calibre of Rafa Benitez.
Some might opine that the answer to a real mess isn't Steve Bruce.

We're in trouble, lads
Don't worry I've got Steve Bruce's phone number
Hurrah, we're saved

Is an exchange that would only ever occur at the World's Bentest Nose Championships.
My point is that at this moment Newcastle is not the sort of job any proven manager, or an up and coming reputation builder, would want. An owner who is even less liked than ours, nil investment in the playing staff, the sale of their best (only ?) striker and an overall feeling of doom and gloom around the place.

The fans loved Benitez, Benitez loved them but because of boardroom ineptitude and inaction there came a parting of the ways. The only manager they are likely to attract at the moment is one off the merry go round of recycled flops. The only consolation for Newcastle fans is that it could have been even worse. At least they avoided Hughes, Monk and a second spell of Mr Relegator himself, Pardew.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm

A;; very well saying they don't want him but it looks as if the club is in a real mess right now so they certainly can't expect anyone close to the calibre of Rafa Benitez.

We're in trouble, lads
Hurrah, we're saved

Is an exchange that would only ever occur at the World's Bentest Nose Championships.
He has got a funny hooter...makes his eyes look like they are divorced
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Looking like one of the relegation spots is taken already, hopefully joined by Sheffield Utd and Norwich.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

We're in trouble, lads
Hurrah, we're saved

My point is that at this moment Newcastle is not the sort of job any proven manager, or an up and coming reputation builder, would want. An owner who is even less liked than ours, nil investment in the playing staff, the sale of their best (only ?) striker and an overall feeling of doom and gloom around the place.

The fans loved Benitez, Benitez loved them but because of boardroom ineptitude and inaction there came a parting of the ways. The only manager they are likely to attract at the moment is one off the merry go round of recycled flops. The only consolation for Newcastle fans is that it could have been even worse. At least they avoided Hughes, Monk and a second spell of Mr Relegator himself, Pardew.
You'd imagine Ashley's looking for a steady hand, when what he really needs is a miracle worker.
If it was me I'd be more tempted by Pulis. Land of the giants hoofball can be pretty effective if you're looking to avoid relegation on a budget.
Trouble for the Toon is that there's no hope of employing anyone close to Benitez in quality. And Ashley just isn't the man for a left field, or brave appointment - - David Wagner, Pablo Machin, etc.
So, whilst Bentiez was a step forward, even with limited transfer funds, Bruce is three steps back.
If there's no takeover, it's hard to see them surviving.
And if they do go, without a Rafa to bring them back up, they could be gone for a while.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 pm

just read in todays currant bun that 12'000 didn't renew there season tickets and are now on general sale
looks like steve bruce is not having the effect mike ashley hoped for
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 pm

They are fucked . Whatever price they are for relegation is a good price.

Fill ya boots , I’m surprised there’s not transfer requests flying about left right & centre .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Fill ya boots , I’m surprised there’s not transfer requests flying about left right & centre .

Well Ayoze Perez, Joselu and Rondon have all gone one way or another so it seems you don't actually need to. I can see that American guy leaving along with Shelvey and Longstaff if the price is right.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:53 pm

h69 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Well Ayoze Perez, Joselu and Rondon have all gone one way or another so it seems you don't actually need to. I can see that American guy leaving along with Shelvey and Longstaff if the price is right.
I'd add Lascelles, Hayden and Ritchie to that list.
1 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:13 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:53 pm
h69 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm

I'd add Lascelles, Hayden and Ritchie to that list.
Yeah, definitely Lascelles. They are fucked....cant even agree a deal with Bruce and Sheff Wed when Bruce is a Geordie.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 am

BRUCE NAMED NEWCASTLE BOSS

Steve Bruce has been confirmed as the new Newcastle manager on a three-year deal.

The 58-year-old, who left Sheffield Wednesday earlier this week, will be joined at St. James’ Park by coaches Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Good luck to them and hope for the best :lol:
0 x

Social Media