Haller.

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Haller.

Post by Towie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 am

boxman wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:00 pm
punkrockhammer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am
The media are creaming themselves about Leicester in particular, but also Everton and winless Wolves potentially gatecrashing the top 4 or 6 but I think a fully fit (and there’s the potential problem) squad compares favourably with any of those clubs

In fact, apart from maybe the back four, I think I’d rather have our squad but we absolutely need to add a quality DM
yeah think we are better than all of them lol

evertons midfield looks weak, not convinced about kean, gomes is criminally overrated and counter-productive defensively, wolves look figured out with their long diagonals, leicester we always seem to show up against but vardy seems to have found form, probably the toughest of the bunch atm

it all comes down to consistency, now that we've removed the toxic elements and have a focused squad i think that'll come, the quality is there imho
Gomes criminally overrated?

You obviously were not there when he completely dominated our midfield & game end of last season!
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:28 am

Towie wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 am
boxman wrote:

evertons midfield looks weak, not convinced about kean, gomes is criminally overrated and counter-productive defensively, wolves look figured out with their long diagonals, leicester we always seem to show up against but vardy seems to have found form, probably the toughest of the bunch atm

it all comes down to consistency, now that we've removed the toxic elements and have a focused squad i think that'll come, the quality is there imho
Gomes criminally overrated?

You obviously were not there when he completely dominated our midfield & game end of last season!
Yeah but don’t forget our midfield was non existent that day .
As I fear it maybe every time we face someone a bit decent.

I agree Gomes is a tad overrated though .

Inconsistent and not exactly a game changer.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 am

Everton have a strong squad.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 am

boxman wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am
The media are creaming themselves about Leicester in particular, but also Everton and winless Wolves potentially gatecrashing the top 4 or 6 but I think a fully fit (and there’s the potential problem) squad compares favourably with any of those clubs

In fact, apart from maybe the back four, I think I’d rather have our squad but we absolutely need to add a quality DM

Leicester are a good side but Wolves have not really strengthened much. Most of the money has gone on the loans they had last season but because some of them were decent, the fees are high.

Couple this seasons lack of new faces with a Europa League campaign and they will likely suffer.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:01 am

h69 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 am
boxman wrote:

Leicester are a good side but Wolves have not really strengthened much. Most of the money has gone on the loans they had last season but because some of them were decent, the fees are high.

Couple this seasons lack of new faces with a Europa League campaign and they will likely suffer.
Unless you are one of the Big 6,you will suffer.

They have the strength in depth to play in the Europe,where the likes of Wolves,Leicester,Everton and ourselves don't.
Your League form will suffer,because of it.I don't care what anybody says.You play in that Europa League,expect to finish outside the top 10.If you are in the Champions League,you can afford to spend money to strengthen your squad on quality,so you are less like suffer.
1 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:18 pm

h69 wrote:
boxman wrote:

Wolves haven’t won a league game yet so I think it’s already started
2 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:24 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:18 pm
h69 wrote:

Wolves haven’t won a league game yet so I think it’s already started
Agreed.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

Apparently Haller is ranked at #1 amongst all new signings in Europe this far according to WhoScored statistics.

And Masuaku made the statistical team of the week (also Whoscored) the week before the inyernstional break.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am

thomasswe wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am
Apparently Haller is ranked at #1 amongst all new signings in Europe this far according to WhoScored statistics.

And Masuaku made the statistical team of the week (also Whoscored) the week before the inyernstional break.
He's no David Kelly, that's for sure. If he plays 34, 35 odd games this season I can see him scoring 20+ goals. If he does do that he's a £100m player.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am
thomasswe wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am

He's no David Kelly, that's for sure. If he plays 34, 35 odd games this season I can see him scoring 20+ goals. If he does do that he's a £100m player.
I know it’s early doors but I’m still having trouble grasping the fact that he isn’t on international duty this week .

The Frogs must have some forward line...
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Social Media