Haller.

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: Haller.

Post by thomasswe » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Big word is "IF". As you say IF he'd had more than one decent season with Newcastle, IF he hadn't been a flop on Merseyside, IF he hadn't been so brittle and, perhaps most important, IF the cunt could do stuff other than with his head----------. But IF that lot had happened he'd have been out of our price bracket anyway. ;)
I could be completely wrong here, but just going through memory rather than YouTube, I reckon the goals Carroll scored for us were actually split pretty evenly between head and feet

Glad he’s gone but I do think he is a bit unfairly regarded as nothing but a treetrunk that can only head the ball
The problem was always avaliability not ability
1 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:12 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm
Caboose wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Fucking right. Fucking stupid just judging a player on transfer fee size.
I agree - that was my point entirely

I was responding to a comment that we had brought in a £25m player and it sounded like we should be grateful for that but so what?? Price is irrelevant and do we really slap the club on the back because they have paid what is now a common price for a player?

It’s the least we should expect with the money they’ve saved and brought in this summer. But if they want to move up to the next level they need to start paying the big money for the proven players - that’s something they keep suggesting but failing to do either by not offering enough for players that can improve us or trying to run before they can walk by attempting to sign players that are almost certain not to be interested in joining West Ham at our current level
:lol: :lol:

More grateful that we signed a very promising young Spanish player before any other clubs and before he had a superb tournament meaning his price has risen.

Dont think anyone is suggesting a pat on the back. We dont just chase players that dont want to come as was shown with an early signing and like I said, Fornals did look pretty decent in the tournament.

No pats on the back but no real panicking yet given we have signed one and missed one. A lot of clubs are doing the same. How many have Man Utd tried to sign this window, same with the Arse.

Surely anyway the players that are mega priced wont want to pay here anyway so which do you want ? Realistic transfers or massive fee players.

I'd rather we tried to sign players like Gomez, Haller and Zapata as it is a lot better than looking at players from Preston etc.

Just chucking huge amounts of money wont always make a player move anyway but you use what budget you have and you look to try and negotiate a deal for them not just hurl the asking price immediately.

We signed Anderson last year the same way. Gomez didn't work out but it was worth trying and it was oy really a week that they were negotiating.

Not sure why people get so frothy about it all. Most transfers happen late on in the window because clubs try and hold out as long as possible. Makes business sense.

The key is to get the right player how ever much they cost...but there is just short of a month to go and so it will be interesting this week I think.

Ibby, calm down mate...it is not football manager 2019. Spending a whole week on Gomez is hardly a big deal as we dont just work on one deal at a time 🤣
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Big word is "IF". As you say IF he'd had more than one decent season with Newcastle, IF he hadn't been a flop on Merseyside, IF he hadn't been so brittle and, perhaps most important, IF the cunt could do stuff other than with his head----------. But IF that lot had happened he'd have been out of our price bracket anyway. ;)
I could be completely wrong here, but just going through memory rather than YouTube, I reckon the goals Carroll scored for us were actually split pretty evenly between head and feet

Glad he’s gone but I do think he is a bit unfairly regarded as nothing but a treetrunk that can only head the ball
Now that I agree with :lol:
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:49 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm

We wasted 1 month trying to get Gomez which is driving me nuts.....I hope West Ham get Haller soon whatever.
If lessons werent learnt from the past i would be surprised. Doubt we wasted a month, and didnt the window only officially open 12 daya ago.
Should have sorted out to be ready for the windows open.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:25 am

Please, please, please be right for once Daily Mail.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aller.html
If any newspaper should be an expert on matters German it should be the Mail.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:42 am

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:43 pm
If he is playing a pre season game i doubt 100% he will join us. No way do they risk a 40 million pound player if a transfer is looming.
this is often brought up but he's still the managers player, their board are still yet to get in a replacement and further more he still needs to work on his fitness, definitely not ready for 90m yet.. that being said watching the 45m he played he took it nice and slow early on and grew into the game... a very cautious performance by his standards

just give it 24 hours mate ;)
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:25 am
my crystal ball and tea leaves both confirm this deal is done..
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:28 am

boxman wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:25 am
my crystal ball and tea leaves both confirm this deal is done..
This would be a fantastic signing for us.

I'm getting the prayer mat out ;)
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am

New twist in Haller negotiations

With a denial that Willie McKay is involved in attempts to bring Sebastien Haller a new agent has been linked who is all too familiar to West Ham fans. Sources in Italy have told Claret and Hugh that super agent Kia Joorabchian is attempting to broker a deal between West Ham, his agents and Frankfurt as an intermediary.

Joorabchian became known to Hammers fans after the signing of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano in 2006 as part of a proposed take over bid. In recent times he was involved in the Felipe Anderson transfer last July.

Italian journolist Nicolo Schira who first broke the Haller news is reported to be friends with Joorabchian.

Last night Schira repeated claims saying “It’s confirmed: West Ham have an agreement with Frankfurt (€ 40M) and Sébastien Haller. His agents have accepted the West Ham’s bid (contract until 2024 by € 3M per year + bonuses). Now Hammers are waiting for him before the chinese tour departure”

Club insiders have denied that there is any agreement yet in place with Frankfurt but have confirmed he is a target of interest.

Joorabchian is thought to be flying to London and wants to meet with West Ham to further negotiations.
for the pessimists among us
  • haller is on 15k/wk
  • final year of contract
  • only club bidding, 40m now or could go on a free end of season
  • 31m profit for frankfurt and 2 excellent seasons, ideal outcome - this is their MO
  • a month ago, when we were first linked, board said they are looking for 40m - the same figure we've agreed
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am

AC is using Rush Green in his attempt to return to full fitness prior to finding a new club. The lucky suitor is thought to be from the MLS.

West Ham have definitely declared they have no interest in offering the striker a short six months deal...
0 x

Social Media