Pre-season: Asia Trophy

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Pre-season: Asia Trophy

Post by h69 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm
they can bring on sterling, de-brunye, silva...we can bring on snoddy, diangana & chico...not that we needed a reality check but there you go.

Dont think we've been completely done over and seems like we've had decent opportunities, still cant see anything other than a drubbing 1st game tho. Get it out the way and get on with the season as orrible as it may well be.
City are a cut above anyone else in the division so not a surprise. Valuable to give some game time to many of the fringe players.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:36 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:20 pm
We still need another decent DM, LB and CB as well as another striker or two. Defensively we're still not good.
Any side with Ogbonna and Sanchez in it is always going to concede goals, and lots of them

We really should be trying to move away from these fucking players
I'm just hoping these games are being viewed by Pelle as nails in coffin time for some of the squad and he can put pressure on Sully & Co to keep their chequebooks open.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Shit scoreline...but not to disappointed,played some decent stuff....Lanza looked like he might be
firing again...Johnson might force his way in to side,played well,Yarmos a good player...we've
missed him....along with Jack...could make all the difference next year..
Thought second half could be a nightmare....Obi and Sanchez,Reidy,gainst that lot....was their 3rd
offside...
Trouble was their second string is nearly as good as our first,maybe as good..

Off to watch Girls Netball now....should beat Trindad to reach world semis... :D
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Castiron wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm
How fit are fucking City!! We've got a lot of work to do before the season starts that's for sure.
its just the price we pay for playing more direct and losing possession

unfortunately when we try to knock is around it inevitably finds it's way to a player which isn't that technical and lacks composure and we give up possession
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm

I see the predictable cunting off of the usual suspects has begun. Can I just point out that, as others have stated, despite it being for a trophy it was basically a pre season friendly.

The main difference, apart from the obvious gulf in class which we all know about, was that City actually looked as if they wanted to win. Whenever they lost the ball they worked bloody hard to win it back. Tbh we should have had another penalty and had it gone to 2-0 we could have maybe held on against their "B" team to give us something in reserve when their big hitters came on.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Pleased that West Ham did well especially in 1st half as Rice was playing that time. If it was in Premier League, the scoreline would have been 2-2 if VAR was in place. We are not far off from Man City style so that pleasing.

Just saw 21212 tearing his hair out because we got a striker!
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm
Pleased that West Ham did well especially in 1st half as Rice was playing that time. If it was in Premier League, the scoreline would have been 2-2 if VAR was in place. We are not far off from Man City style so that pleasing.
No the scoreline wouldn't have been 2-2. Firstly because, although we should have had a second penalty, so should City when Sanchez pushed over Sterling. And secondly because City wouldn't have left most of their recognised first team on the bench if it had been a competitive game.

We are miles behind City. But that is no disgrace because apart from Liverpool so is the rest of the bloody league.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am
If you are going to watch the game tomorrow keep an eye out for Angelino. My hot tip for a left back, went back to City for 6 million quid. Missed out there big time
First time I've seen him and on the evidence of that performance I wouldn't regard him as an improvement on Masuaku. A couple of decent balls going forward but looks a disaster waiting to happen defensively. And very lucky not to have a second penalty given against him. Only one game I know but I can't see him edging Zinchenko, or for that matter Mendy, if he ever gets fit, out of the LWB role.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm
I see the predictable cunting off of the usual suspects has begun. Can I just point out that, as others have stated, despite it being for a trophy it was basically a pre season friendly.

The main difference, apart from the obvious gulf in class which we all know about, was that City actually looked as if they wanted to win. Whenever they lost the ball they worked bloody hard to win it back. Tbh we should have had another penalty and had it gone to 2-0 we could have maybe held on against their "B" team to give us something in reserve when their big hitters came on.
So what you are really saying Whisky is..........First game of the season.......Expect a new arsehole to be radically torn...so back to reality then..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:37 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm

So what you are really saying Whisky is..........First game of the season.......Expect a new arsehole to be radically torn...so back to reality then..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
For me the Man City & Liverpool games are games where anything we get from them is a bonus. As last season proved those 2 clubs are way ahead of the rest.

Difference is because of various factors the games against the other so called "big 4" now look to be much more even than they used to. Not just for us of course.
2 x

Social Media