Snodgrass in DM with Rice?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Snodgrass in DM with Rice?

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 am

garnett wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 am

I watched Fornals in the Under 23 championships recently and he usually started in the Lampard style role. Spain had a guy called Oyazarbal who started wide left but was normally replaced as the game went on and Fornals then switched to the left. So it wouldn't surprise me if Fornals is earmarked for the box to box role you refer to.

Morning, I hope your right, the only new signing I have seen play is the keeper Martin,
Oh dear. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

garnett wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:06 am
OoAaHALLER wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:09 pm
Why are we playing Sanchez?

Why are we still employing him ?
Being fair like whiskey says we've hardly seen the bloke coz of his injuries. Hes looked pretty crap in the two friendlies but weve gotta give him a chance.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 am

Pretty certain as it stands at the moment and poss if we do get more incoming...Rice and Nobes start,
and he would work around them.....Nobes is the only guy we have that can happily switch and play
as needed during a game...sitting tight if we're under the cosh or more advanced when we're on top.

MFers shouldn't be defined to much.. one..... Rice.. who's priority is to sit tight,let fullbacks get forward,
keeping a 3 at the back...other 2 if we go 4-3-3,should be box to boxers,go as and where as game
evolves....so your 3 in MF are a 1-2 or a 2-1.....so at moment I would put Jack in as the other MF,
think we need to start of with PL experience,get team settled,not saying that's the way it'll finish
up as our main MF tho....there's a shit load of options there,with prob one more to come,so it's a must
to let Sanchez and Obi go tho, free up some room in squad..
Love Nobes to bits,but we need to find and work in a replacement in this season...think he accepts that.

Said somewhere else,really difficult picking a Starting 11 at moment....which is we're we need to be..
0 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 am
"This pre season" is 2 matches FFS and he didn't play the full game in either.. I agree with you he hasn't looked the part but we have to remember he missed virtually all last season because of injury.
sanchez? well yes, perhaps i am being a little harsh but he is getting consistently caught in possession.. that is the cardinal sin for an anchor man.. the very last thing you should do... sometimes it's a combination of poor touch and being too casual, other times it's a lack of awareness.. but in less than 90mins he is at fault for two actual goals and could of been on the hook for another too... any other player i'd be with you.. but as an anchor man... it's the one thing you can't really excuse, pre-season the odd occasion ok.. no drama.. but 4 or 5 in the space of 90 minutes for an anchor man.. thats borderline unforgivable.. he knows FAR better.. i am certain he is starting to wonder why the fuck he is on the pitch at this stage.. that type of error for that type of player should be exceedingly rare

honestly.. i rate sanchez and defending him when others were digging him out early on in his west ham career, actually even before he joined people were digging him out, i really do appreciate his quality... but like i said, that confidence is in a rapid decline at this stage, really hope he can pull it together, im not sure pellegrini will be as forgiving imho.. its the type of error for the type of player that makes this so bad imho
I watched Fornals in the Under 23 championships recently and he usually started in the Lampard style role. Spain had a guy called Oyazarbal who started wide left but was normally replaced as the game went on and Fornals then switched to the left. So it wouldn't surprise me if Fornals is earmarked for the box to box role you refer to.
have no idea about fornals, was under the impression he was more forward.. if he has a more rounded game, strong in the tackle and marking as well as an engine and positional sense then that would be massive for our starting 11.. granted a gonzo of a player will only get you so far.. if he has something vidal about him we could very well be set in midfield, heres hoping
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm

garnett wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:17 am
Don't write Mark off yet.

That said, I`m not a fan of 2 defensive midfielders, why ? because its too defensive imo, BUT, we unfortunately will be playing that formation, so, imo we need a box to box midfielder with pace to sit next to whoever the boss decides is our BEST defensive midfielder, not necessarily Rice, who I believe has to dramatically improve his allround game or he will be replaced by a seasoned foreigner in the next window.
Rice Fornals and Wilshere for me against teams other than the top 4 or 5

Rice Fornals and Lanzini if Wilshere is not fit

Rice Fornals and Noble if we play against a top 4 side

--------------------------------------------------

If we can get a b2b midfielder then Rice can be the anchor alongside him with Fornals the attacker.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 pm

https://westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/opi ... evelation/

How on earth can Sanches be on £75k?
At no point in his career has he been worth that, let alone at the arse end.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 pm
https://westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/opi ... evelation/

How on earth can Sanches be on £75k?
At no point in his career has he been worth that, let alone at the arse end.
Desperate buy towards the end of the window last season. Don,t think he cost us much in transfer fees
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am
garnett wrote:

Being fair like whiskey says we've hardly seen the bloke coz of his injuries. Hes looked pretty crap in the two friendlies but weve gotta give him a chance.
He looked crap when fully fit in the wolves game at home when he gave the ball away with 2 mins left on the clock .
His positioning on the field is good due to his experience but what else does he offer? He doesnt send over that killer pass to a runner. He cant out run many and mainly passes it sideways to an offensive player.Obiang and Noble are better.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 pm

Parry Hotter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am
garnett wrote:

No. No we don't. He was crap at Villa, abysmal at the World Cup and in his few outings so far has shown himself to be a total liability. Ask any Villa fan about him - they'll tell you that he wasn't good enough even for one of the worst Villa squads of all time, so why on God's green earth we signed him is a complete mystery.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm
garnett wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:17 am
Don't write Mark off yet.

That said, I`m not a fan of 2 defensive midfielders, why ? because its too defensive imo, BUT, we unfortunately will be playing that formation, so, imo we need a box to box midfielder with pace to sit next to whoever the boss decides is our BEST defensive midfielder, not necessarily Rice, who I believe has to dramatically improve his allround game or he will be replaced by a seasoned foreigner in the next window.
Rice Fornals and Wilshere for me against teams other than the top 4 or 5

Rice Fornals and Lanzini if Wilshere is not fit

Rice Fornals and Noble if we play against a top 4 side

--------------------------------------------------

If we can get a b2b midfielder then Rice can be the anchor alongside him with Fornals the attacker.
In my opinion none of those 3 in the middle will work , just canted see how any of the 2 with Rice will be able to stop teams getting through us .
I think the only reason Pellegrini is playing with 3 in the middle is because he does not have another midfielder he feels can play deep alongside Rice . So I would think that we are still waiting for one to arrive and another striker , otherwise we are in for a season like many we have had of late . Just hope I am proved wrong .
0 x

Social Media