Snodgrass in DM with Rice?

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Snodgrass in DM with Rice?

Post by Newmarket » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Clayton wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Rice Fornals and Wilshere for me against teams other than the top 4 or 5

Rice Fornals and Lanzini if Wilshere is not fit

Rice Fornals and Noble if we play against a top 4 side

--------------------------------------------------

If we can get a b2b midfielder then Rice can be the anchor alongside him with Fornals the attacker.
In my opinion none of those 3 in the middle will work , just canted see how any of the 2 with Rice will be able to stop teams getting through us .
I think the only reason Pellegrini is playing with 3 in the middle is because he does not have another midfielder he feels can play deep alongside Rice . So I would think that we are still waiting for one to arrive and another striker , otherwise we are in for a season like many we have had of late . Just hope I am proved wrong .
I agree . A proper DM is a priority imo and always has been .

Pellegrini likes to play with 2 to enable his full backs to go walkabout .

I believe he did that at Citeh but I can’t for the life of me remember who he played alongside Fernandinho or whatever his name is .
And I’m thinking he would have set up that way last season if he’d had the staff .

I’m not that impressed with Hayden , looks nothing special to me but I’ve a feeling we may be finding out soon .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Clayton wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 pm

In my opinion none of those 3 in the middle will work , just canted see how any of the 2 with Rice will be able to stop teams getting through us .
I think the only reason Pellegrini is playing with 3 in the middle is because he does not have another midfielder he feels can play deep alongside Rice . So I would think that we are still waiting for one to arrive and another striker , otherwise we are in for a season like many we have had of late . Just hope I am proved wrong .

I believe he did that at Citeh but I can’t for the life of me remember who he played alongside Fernandinho or whatever his name is .
And I’m thinking he would have set up that way last season if he’d had the staff .

I’m not that impressed with Hayden , looks nothing special to me but I’ve a feeling we may be finding out soon .
Javi Garcia?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Javi Garcia?
Mmmm Fernandez rings a bell , I know he played with fernandinho at Citeh but did Pellegrini have that partnership ?
I think that may have been under the Italian ? Mancini ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:

Javi Garcia?
Mmmm Fernandez rings a bell , I know he played with fernandinho at Citeh but did Pellegrini have that partnership ?
Garcia was at City in Pellegrini's first season. After he departed they had 2 Brazilian midfielders called, confusingly, Fernando and Fernandinho, Lampard and Toure. They also had Milner, but he's listed as an AM.
The season after Delph joined, but the two Brazilians both had a lot more appearances.
So, it looks like Fernando and Fernandinho is the answer.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 pm
Parry Hotter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

Being fair like whiskey says we've hardly seen the bloke coz of his injuries. Hes looked pretty crap in the two friendlies but weve gotta give him a chance.
No. No we don't. He was crap at Villa, abysmal at the World Cup and in his few outings so far has shown himself to be a total liability. Ask any Villa fan about him - they'll tell you that he wasn't good enough even for one of the worst Villa squads of all time, so why on God's green earth we signed him is a complete mystery.
We signed him because the manager , who we pay to make those decisions, presumably wanted him. I totally agree he has been poor whenever I've seen him play for us but I'm prepared to concede Pellegrini knows a bit more about the game than I do. And tbh I only really recall the one major incident in the league, which was his horrendous mistake which gifted Wolves their winner. So I'm not prepared to write him off completely yet although I am hopeful we can sign another midfield player from that so called higher level.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:09 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 pm

No. No we don't. He was crap at Villa, abysmal at the World Cup and in his few outings so far has shown himself to be a total liability. Ask any Villa fan about him - they'll tell you that he wasn't good enough even for one of the worst Villa squads of all time, so why on God's green earth we signed him is a complete mystery.
We signed him because the manager , who we pay to make those decisions, presumably wanted him. I totally agree he has been poor whenever I've seen him play for us but I'm prepared to concede Pellegrini knows a bit more about the game than I do. And tbh I only really recall the one major incident in the league, which was his horrendous mistake which gifted Wolves their winner. So I'm not prepared to write him off completely yet although I am hopeful we can sign another midfield player from that so called higher level.
Sanchez was bought like polyfiller. When you have gaps in midfield due to injury he " fills in " Unfortunately he got filled in himself and was out for the season. I can see why we brought him in at short notice but the 75 grand a week is beyond me. Thats more than Noble gets who has been here 2 hundred and 35 years and Lanzini.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Javi Garcia?
If we have 3 young , fit offensive mid players i don,t think we need 2 holding mid players.. IF they can play as a unit and cover each other when they make runs then one of them should always be fairly close to Rice. Indeed , didn,t Pellegrini play Noble slightly more forward last season when partnering Rice in certain games? I am 100% sure Pellegrini sees, Lanzini, Fornals and Jack as his offensive unit in midfield with one of them holding off when the other 2 make a run. Thats how i would set up seeing as they are all under 28 and fit.
If we high press then its a different matter because they will be far away from Rice so i doubt Pellegrini will enforce such a high press this season. Instead opting for a front line of Anderson and Haller then the 3 offensive mid will be in a line.
Will be very interesting to see what Pellegrini choses now Yarmelenko is back. If we play with 2 wingers then we need 2 holding mid players.
Fredericks has so much pace i wouldn,t bother with Yarmenko on the wing but that makes him redundant because we have more favorable players in he middle. I can see Yarmer leaving in January.
Also applies to Antonio. Is there a place in that starting line up for him now?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm
Newmarket wrote:

If we have 3 young , fit offensive mid players i don,t think we need 2 holding mid players.. IF they can play as a unit and cover each other when they make runs then one of them should always be fairly close to Rice. Indeed , didn,t Pellegrini play Noble slightly more forward last season when partnering Rice in certain games? I am 100% sure Pellegrini sees, Lanzini, Fornals and Jack as his offensive unit in midfield with one of them holding off when the other 2 make a run. Thats how i would set up seeing as they are all under 28 and fit.
If we high press then its a different matter because they will be far away from Rice so i doubt Pellegrini will enforce such a high press this season. Instead opting for a front line of Anderson and Haller then the 3 offensive mid will be in a line.
Will be very interesting to see what Pellegrini choses now Yarmelenko is back. If we play with 2 wingers then we need 2 holding mid players.
Fredericks has so much pace i wouldn,t bother with Yarmenko on the wing but that makes him redundant because we have more favorable players in he middle. I can see Yarmer leaving in January.
Also applies to Antonio. Is there a place in that starting line up for him now?
If Pellegrini's planning on playing a front 3, it's unlikely he'd get rid of either Antonio or Yarmolenko, unless Diangana really, really steps up.
0 x

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:02 am

I'd rather see Snodgrass at LB to be honest
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:03 am

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Javi Garcia?
Fernando
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media