West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:34 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:27 pm
Not going to let that one get me down. City are a different level of animal.

The next run of games will show where we are at.
That is what worries me...VAR needs to cancel that result and re schedule...sending an email to the FA now...
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:50 pm

For what it's worth.

We don't play the likes of that every week and yes, City were that much better than us. Man for man every single player is better than ours. And although we fell apart at the end I don't think we played that badly.

But 0-5 is embarrassing even against them. Not that I'd like to see us park the bus at home like Rafa did but Pellegrini HAS to be smarter. Trading blows with them and there'll only be one winner.

As it was the first game, City laid down a marker to the victims. It's sod's law we were the recipients. Had it been later in the season they may well have done just enough if there were cup games coming up. The one thing MP has to do is instil the belief in the team that this is a one-off. Confidence is a tricky little fucker.

Again though I'll say it. Where the fuck is the ball winner that can disrupt the flow ? City bought one in Rodri who seems a dirty cunt. Our lot hardly laid a foot. Much as I was happy with the signing of Fornals who could be a star, if money was tight, why didn't we get the player we really needed ?

The season starts next week. My heart said no but heads wins.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:53 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Well, that was enjoyable(!)

Doesn’t look like we are missing that DM we didn’t buy AT ALL

I’m starting to fucking despise Man City
I have been told so many times on here , we do not need one , well I think today just shows how much we do , he doesnt have to be a Rice clone . Not all DM's are made in the same mould , we need one who is dynamic can tackle and has a skill set of a play maker , just need to splash the cash in the next window .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:54 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:50 pm
For what it's worth.

We don't play the likes of that every week and yes, City were that much better than us. Man for man every single player is better than ours. And although we fell apart at the end I don't think we played that badly.

But 0-5 is embarrassing even against them. Not that I'd like to see us park the bus at home like Rafa did but Pellegrini HAS to be smarter. Trading blows with them and there'll only be one winner.

As it was the first game, City laid down a marker to the victims. It's sod's law we were the recipients. Had it been later in the season they may well have done just enough if there were cup games coming up. The one thing MP has to do is instil the belief in the team that this is a one-off. Confidence is a tricky little fucker.

Again though I'll say it. Where the fuck is the ball winner that can disrupt the flow ? City bought one in Rodri who seems a dirty cunt. Our lot hardly laid a foot. Much as I was happy with the signing of Fornals who could be a star, if money was tight, why didn't we get the player we really needed ?

How good are they , well we couldn't even afford the subs they brought on .
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:54 pm

palerider wrote:
For what it's worth.

Problem is, results like this against City are not a one off

They’re the fucking norm and I don’t care how great they are, we play in the same league and it’s fucking embarrassing

They’ve probably scored more at the iconic London Stadium than we have!
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:53 pm
punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Well, that was enjoyable(!)

Doesn’t look like we are missing that DM we didn’t buy AT ALL

I’m starting to fucking despise Man City
I have been told so many times on here , we do not need one , well I think today just shows how much we do , he doesnt have to be a Rice clone . Not all DM's are made in the same mould , we need one who is dynamic can tackle and has a skill set of a play maker , just need to splash the cash in the next window .
To parody one of my heroes, Captain Red Beard Rum.

You do have a plan to get tackles in to stop the opposition running at you at will don't you ?

Opinion is divided.

All the other managers say you do, I say you don't.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Well that was just embarrassing in the end.

I know they are a class team but can we at least put some challenges in? Instead of just letting them wonder through, kick them once in a while. We're too nice.

The need for a DM next to Rice... which wasn't addressed in the transfer window looks a massive mistake.
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Sorry to say but I thought we were worse than I thought we were going to be.
We seemed very slow and unfit compared to MC. Too many "flair" players in midfield and not enough ball winners, playing Pamela in games like this is a complete waste, he does not do enough for me at the best of times, let alone against quality. Against top six teams we should play 5-4-1 with at least a back three, how many times are we going to get caught short after our own dead ball situations? We seem to have learned nothing.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Pre-game I just wanted to see 100% effort and not to be embarrassed - I am not sure we showed it in the second half really, we were embarrassed today, we were leaky last season and already conceded 5 at home. We won't play Man City every week but I am disappointed, I won't write the season off over 1 game, but the mental collapse was worrying, wouldn't minded going down 2-0, 3-0 but 5-0....

We had spells in the game we were okay but we need to go and show our quality vs Brighton next week.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:54 pm
palerider wrote:
For what it's worth.

How good are they , well we couldn't even afford the subs they brought on .
Their fitness levels are probably the highest in the world as a team and squad. They just keep coming and coming at you.
As i said i thought the mistake Pellegrini made was trying to high press them. Surely packing the midfield and playing the counter with Haller , Anderson and Antonio would have been more sensible. They just pass through them 3 or 4 players pressing and open up the space in the middle. Did Pellegrini think we could dispossess them at that back?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media