West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:15 am

think the game had gone so the manger was looking to the next game

its not as if anyone is going to put three past city maybe a couple of teams

would rather Mickey playing against Brighton with not knocks or tiredness pulls

JMO though

WHU fuck the rest whufc_crest
1 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 am

Antonio and Noble were major contributors in our good performance against Watford. With them starting against Brighton, we'll have more than a sniff.

In fact I'm going to bet we win against them and Watford, About 8/1 the double!
0 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:56 am

Got to say feeling pretty deflated.
Obviously not expecting to get anything from Man City but towards the end it was all a bit embarrassing.
Needed a DM all summer, didn't get one. You've got to question Pellegrini on that. How many times
last season were we overrun in midfield? Yet he's done nothing to correct it?

Is the gap between City and the other teams just too big now?
VAR is bollocks. Not even sure whehter to celebrate a goal now.

Worried about the Brighton game now. Irons whufc_crest :lol:
0 x

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 am

Before the game I wasn't expecting too much...

However, just before their 1st goal when we was imo the better team my expectation went right up, especially when City were doing dirty tactful fouls and the ref was refusing to give Rodrigo a yellow card after his 7th foul which drove me fucking mad. Leicester did it during their league winning season.

I fucking hate City now, bent the rules like a stripper picking her underwear up off the floor, and yet nothing has happened to them.
1 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm
I agree with TIM, wilshire/Fornals/Anderson/Lanzini is so weak and lightweight, they all seem to get brushed aside quite easily, very few tackles or even fouls made, even MP moaned about the lack of fouls all round by us.
Oh for a Peter Butler George Parris or , dare I say it , Tommy Repka ....
We needed a revved up John Moncur, as long as he was able to stay on the pitch
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:32 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am
IronsForever wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Not park the bus at all MK. just measured counter play against maybe the best side in the world right now. Its what you need to do to beat them mate. We almost got something at there gaff last year parking the bus. To high press like we did in them 25 mins for the whole game is impossible. The players are not fit enough to sustain that level of intensity.
Lets also look at our strengths . We had pace with Antonio. Anderson and Fredericks , with Haller ahead. Thats not a bad counter attack quartet.
I hear what yer saying but when 11 players come up against 11 better players you need to have a plan to stop them them and create your own chances. You cant just let them play through the middle. If they had popped another 2 in before half time that could have been 7 or 8 mate. Pellegrini got it wrong for me. Just my opinion..
Rice had no help at all. I presumed Jack would stay close to him but Jack,s instincts take him up and theres the gap through the lines.
Cant disagree with anything you said there mate,apart from did we "Park the Bus".. :lol:
who came up with that......
Last season....had Nasri,Anderson,Mickey,AC...Obi in Jacks role..give you that,subs were
like for like,still attack minded,with Lanza and Grady D coming on,so not a particularly
defensive side..sometimes when your pinned,cant get out,people say your deliberately
doing it,not always the case.

What Screwed us Saturday....was Man City like all the Really successful sides not just here,
Europe,Worldwide...they use Everything they have to to win...I mean Everything,if that
means Conning the Ref,diving,The Taking one for the team shit..to Targeting and Hacking
down Playmakers...they'll do it.... A Game unfortunately you have to learn if you wanna
mix it with them..

I Want Peller to succeed as much as anyone......but Taking Mickey off for Fornals,when he
freely admits ,City were getting over physical..doesn't make any sense,and TBH honest
would have made more sense to move side around a bit and get Sanchez on..not that
I wanna see him play to much...but it's more logical..
And was after his changes that we really fell apart...Hernandez brings nothing extra,he's a
goal poacher..thats it..and we weren't getting the ball in...
Frustrating day....
Frustrating Manager at times....
Seeing as you mentioned Hernandez...

Who the fuck decided he was the best option to take the freekick at the end?

As you say, the blokes a poacher and never scored in the premier league from outside the penalty area
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:32 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am

Cant disagree with anything you said there mate,apart from did we "Park the Bus".. :lol:
who came up with that......
Last season....had Nasri,Anderson,Mickey,AC...Obi in Jacks role..give you that,subs were
like for like,still attack minded,with Lanza and Grady D coming on,so not a particularly
defensive side..sometimes when your pinned,cant get out,people say your deliberately
doing it,not always the case.

What Screwed us Saturday....was Man City like all the Really successful sides not just here,
Europe,Worldwide...they use Everything they have to to win...I mean Everything,if that
means Conning the Ref,diving,The Taking one for the team shit..to Targeting and Hacking
down Playmakers...they'll do it.... A Game unfortunately you have to learn if you wanna
mix it with them..

I Want Peller to succeed as much as anyone......but Taking Mickey off for Fornals,when he
freely admits ,City were getting over physical..doesn't make any sense,and TBH honest
would have made more sense to move side around a bit and get Sanchez on..not that
I wanna see him play to much...but it's more logical..
And was after his changes that we really fell apart...Hernandez brings nothing extra,he's a
goal poacher..thats it..and we weren't getting the ball in...
Frustrating day....
Frustrating Manager at times....
Seeing as you mentioned Hernandez...

Who the fuck decided he was the best option to take the freekick at the end?

As you say, the blokes a poacher and never scored in the premier league from outside the penalty area
He was probably pissed off running around chasing the ball for 20 mins and wanted a kick before the whistle blew lol
I would have told Diop to take it... Told him to take a 50 yard run up and knock that dirty smucko,s head off in the wall. rodrigo

I remember playing at school level and we had center back in the team called " Mackay" Scottish lad. Was built like a tank at 15. Useless player to be honest but if he tackled you , you wasnt getting up and could shoot the ball like a torpedo. If they had a dirty prick in the wall who had been fouling us constantly we would send Mac up to pollaxe the prick. He did just that most of the time. Not a great player but boy could he shoot.
Funny looking back , Mac would take that long run up and i would point at the player who was going to get that cannon and shout " yer going down mate " The look on his face when Mac was charging at speed to wallop it.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

grandad

Post by grandad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 am
Antonio and Noble were major contributors in our good performance against Watford. With them starting against Brighton, we'll have more than a sniff.

In fact I'm going to bet we win against them and Watford, About 8/1 the double!

Mike was that game against the same Watford who were in the cup final the following week 🤣

I do admire you total love for the cockney red 🤣
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Its all about expectations. Ours seem to swing too far one way, then too far the other.

Transfer window....we get in Anderson, Diop and Balbuena
Fans get excited and think we will bust into the top 6, start fantasising about Champions league on Social media
Lose first game heavily against title contender....fans are suicidal

Transfer Window....we get in Haller and Fornals
Fans get excited and think we will bust into the top 6, start fantasising about Champions league on Social media
Lose first game heavily against title contender....fans are suicidal

Rinse repeat....

We will finish maybe a bit higher than last season but with City strengthening, I can see them winning the league by a mile which I know some on here think is killing the game but I am ok with. KdB is the best player in the league for me and is now fit, Sterling has gone up a level and they had Aguero was on the bench FFS
Last edited by h69 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:54 pm

As dirty as Rodri was, he did the job and moved the ball well too. We had no answer for him, KDB and Sterling, our midfield was overrun and our defensive highline, that Pelle loves, is always rusty at the beginning of the season, so probably shouldn't have been employed against Man fuckin Citeh!

Agree that Arthur's wheels are needed at lb, blood him early and hopefully he'll turn into a better defender. Cresswell might lose a foot race with Nobes at this point.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

Social Media