West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:51 pm
Its all about expectations. Ours seem to swing too far one way, then too far the other.

Transfer window....we get in Anderson, Diop and Balbuena
Fans get excited and think we will bust into the top 6, start fantasising about Champions league on Social media
Lose first game heavily against title contender....fans are suicidal

Transfer Window....we get in Haller and Fornals
Fans get excited and think we will bust into the top 6, start fantasising about Champions league on Social media
Lose first game heavily against title contender....fans are suicidal

Rinse repeat....

We will finish maybe a bit higher than last season but with City strengthening, I can see them winning the league by a mile which I know some on here think is killing the game but I am ok with. KdB is the best player in the league for me and is now fit, Sterling has gone up a level and they had Aguero was on the bench FFS
At the risk of upsetting der fuhrer, I'll repeat my stance of last season.

Anything to stop the victims and that jerky fucking kraut.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm

https://jamaicanhammer.home.blog/2019/0 ... -0-5-mcfc/

Wrote an article, not a match review but just a breakdown of what I think the City game really told us about our team and manager. Mostly stuff many of us on here have been saying forever.
2 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 am

The only contribution I can make,Oggy, is to suggest,as Dagger did earlier in this thread,that the writing was on the wall at half time. Antonio was rested,and an opportunity to have another look at Fornals was taken.

I didn't get the impression last season other than in the first few games that Pelle's starting elevens or substitutions were at all suspect.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 am

Wow the reaction after getting beat by one of the best ever club teams!! Imagine if we lose to Brighton!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 am

IronsForever wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 am
Wow the reaction after getting beat by one of the best ever club teams!! Imagine if we lose to Brighton!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that’s the fear that’s in the forefront of most people’s thoughts now mate.

It shows the importance of getting off to a reasonable start .
And getting thrashed by Citeh or Liverpool first time up never helps confidence... of the fans OR the team.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am

SoggyOggy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Wrote an article, not a match review but just a breakdown of what I think the City game really told us about our team and manager. Mostly stuff many of us on here have been saying forever.
Yes, after reading it I would agree with most of it to be fair.

My other problem with MP is some people on here rave about the players we have brought in, but up to today and after three transfer windows, I have yet to see anyone to rave about. We are still letting in a shed load of goals, midfield looks weak physically, and we have not scored enough goals ever. So will this seasons new additions change all that, we wait and see?
1 x

Dagger

Post by Dagger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am

wait and see hits the nail on the head

next three games then start moaning for me
0 x

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:54 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am
SoggyOggy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes, after reading it I would agree with most of it to be fair.

My other problem with MP is some people on here rave about the players we have brought in, but up to today and after three transfer windows, I have yet to see anyone to rave about. We are still letting in a shed load of goals, midfield looks weak physically, and we have not scored enough goals ever. So will this seasons new additions change all that, we wait and see?
I think Fabianski has been our most consistent performing signing recently. And that says a lot that our keeper is the one we depend on the most.
We conceded the most shots in the league last season and I don't think anything has really been done to change that, unless the plan is to have more possession so the opposition has less opportunities to shoot. That plan still won't work because we are not aggressive enough out of possession to press and win the ball back quickly. Invariably we will continue to concede chances especially with our defence looking as porous as it is.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Same every season mate...Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, City in last 4 seasons first games and City are by far the best team ever in the PL and have strengthened considerably.

Also after the Allardyce/Moyes eras where everyone said they didn't expect us to win each week but would rather we scored lots even if we concede lots, that is likely the outcome this season outside of City and maybe Liverpool though some of those people seem to have forgotten this attitude.

That said, we started slowly last season but we got a lot better. This season I don't have too many concerns. I am sure there will be lots of goals at both ends and we will likely finish in the top 10. I am not sure what else people want other than maybe a cup run and we can see who we get tonight in the first one !
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:31 pm

h69 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Same every season mate...Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, City in last 4 seasons first games and City are by far the best team ever in the PL and have strengthened considerably.

Also after the Allardyce/Moyes eras where everyone said they didn't expect us to win each week but would rather we scored lots even if we concede lots, that is likely the outcome this season outside of City and maybe Liverpool though some of those people seem to have forgotten this attitude.

That said, we started slowly last season but we got a lot better. This season I don't have too many concerns. I am sure there will be lots of goals at both ends and we will likely finish in the top 10. I am not sure what else people want other than maybe a cup run and we can see who we get tonight in the first one !
You people are not reading my posts, it is not about one game, it is the whole of last season, pre-season and the start of this season.
We had defensive and midfield problems for most of last season, yet through TWO transfer windows Jan/Summer nothing has been done, apart from give Arthur a 4 year extension, and Zab a 1 year extension, and got shot of Adrian, and bring in another technician Fornals. This is my complaint, not sure about others.
Apart from a new striker, we are virtually stuck with same team that lets in goals for fun?
0 x

Social Media