West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4696
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 293
x 356

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:05 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 am
Doombar wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:22 am


Mike Dean is a cunt of a ref he gave us fuck all Lanzini was cynically brought down 4 times and no card. enjoyed the first 30 mins until they scored 75minutes to go it was 2 nil down then we crumbled when the third went in.
City made 15 fouls to our 5. They know how to break up play before it gets dangerous.
Where are most those fouls committed Irons..inside their own half/centre circle..Breaking up play early..
stop the first ball when opponents get possession,that's the aim of a press..
Our Fouls are usually deep in our own half.

Pellers put a side together to win games by outplaying your opponents by attacking,
which to be honest,much as I want and love us attacking...Defence comes first..make that
Solid,that allows you to attack freely.
We Don't have the Players to sit,We sit deep in PL games...well......

The First 20/25 we pressed....then we got kicked to fuck lost Jack, and started sitting deeper..
you saw the consequencies..sittin deep with 2 up top as well..ridiculous.
I know you cant just start doing it once you start backing off...but They're 50Gs+ a week
footballers...and a Manager earning God knows how much...not a pub Side.

Cant believe you guys wanna "Park the Bus"......
Lets get the Anti Christ Moyes back..... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8471
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 156
x 800

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am

JayK wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 am
Well what a lovely opening day :lol:

Fuck me, they’re good.

1st half I thought we looked good, especially Wilshere, Haller and Lanzini. Personally thought Antonio not too supportive of cresswell and slow to support for their 1st goal. Cresswell was slow but had 2 running at him - no chance stopping the ball going into the box.

Cresswell slow ??? Ffs he had a metre start on Walker just before the cross for the first and he was around a metre behind after the cross went in. That ain’t slow, that’s fucking static. We have to trust MP’s judgment but I don’t get what he sees in Cresswell.

Agree with you re first half performance apart from the fact we didn’t trouble Ederson at all until his save in the second half.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 2000
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 74
x 174

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:11 am

Harsh blaming Antonio for not getting back for that first goal. He was left for dead by Walkers electric burst, He also, I'm guessing' had a brief to stay the furthest forward of all the midfielders to link with Haller (My new crush !)

"Take them on" or "Park the bus" Pelle has tried to compromise there. Last season we were being overrun because of the inability of the creative players to hang on to the ball for any length of time, constantly losing possession.

The balance was better with yesterdays line up,unfortunately Anderson and Lanzini found it a bit too tough against that high quality opposition.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8471
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 156
x 800

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:05 am
Predictably embarrassing.

It’s no coincidence that our two best recent results against this lot were both at their gaff when we parked the proverbial bus.

Food for thought.
Sir

I have brought your comments to the attention of the West Ham way kommisariat. Expect a knock on your door very soon.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 6161
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 148
x 17

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by JayK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am
JayK wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 am
Well what a lovely opening day :lol:

Fuck me, they’re good.

1st half I thought we looked good, especially Wilshere, Haller and Lanzini. Personally thought Antonio not too supportive of cresswell and slow to support for their 1st goal. Cresswell was slow but had 2 running at him - no chance stopping the ball going into the box.

Cresswell slow ??? Ffs he had a metre start on Walker just before the cross for the first and he was around a metre behind after the cross went in. That ain’t slow, that’s fucking static. We have to trust MP’s judgment but I don’t get what he sees in Cresswell.

Agree with you re first half performance apart from the fact we didn’t trouble Ederson at all until his save in the second half.
Cresswell ain’t been the same since his knee injury 1st season at the LS has he. Lots of defenders will struggle against walkers pace though, especially when walker is supported and the defender ain’t.
0 x
COYI!!!

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4696
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 293
x 356

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:17 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am
JayK wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 am
Well what a lovely opening day :lol:

Fuck me, they’re good.

1st half I thought we looked good, especially Wilshere, Haller and Lanzini. Personally thought Antonio not too supportive of cresswell and slow to support for their 1st goal. Cresswell was slow but had 2 running at him - no chance stopping the ball going into the box.

Cresswell slow ??? Ffs he had a metre start on Walker just before the cross for the first and he was around a metre behind after the cross went in. That ain’t slow, that’s fucking static. We have to trust MP’s judgment but I don’t get what he sees in Cresswell.

Agree with you re first half performance apart from the fact we didn’t trouble Ederson at all until his save in the second half.
TBF it was the movement and play that lead to that....Walker was In Full Stride,Cress was more
or less static,and had to turn....Usain wouldn't have caught him over 10 yards.

We all know Cress isn't what what we think he should be anymore,and maybe we need to
upgrade or get Ben in....but a defeat like that is Teams/Managers fault ,not one Player
1 x

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 6161
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 148
x 17

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by JayK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 am

Mikeveep wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:11 am
Harsh blaming Antonio for not getting back for that first goal. He was left for dead by Walkers electric burst, He also, I'm guessing' had a brief to stay the furthest forward of all the midfielders to link with Haller (My new crush !)

"Take them on" or "Park the bus" Pelle has tried to compromise there. Last season we were being overrun because of the inability of the creative players to hang on to the ball for any length of time, constantly losing possession.

The balance was better with yesterdays line up,unfortunately Anderson and Lanzini found it a bit too tough against that high quality opposition.
Wrong instructions for Antonio then imo. He used to be a whippet up and down the line for Slav.

Agree with you re Anderson though. I saw nothing to get excited about tbh. Hallers link up play was good though. He’ll only get better as he gels with the team and gets used to the prem. tough opening game for the new boys
0 x
COYI!!!

User avatar
dagenhamdave
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:54 pm
x 83
x 54

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by dagenhamdave » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:36 am

I am afraid Anderson does not do much for me, he seems to amble about, a couple of tackles on him and he backs off. Too much of a luxury player for me, plenty of tricks if all is going well, but no good in a game against quality like yesterday. Would sooner had Sanchez out, at least he would have kicked a few.
0 x

User avatar
Chicken Runner
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:02 pm
x 1
x 52

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Chicken Runner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:19 pm

First chance to watch the game today.
Mike Dean has been giving them a free pass in midfield. Rodrigo has comitted at least 3 fouls worthy of a yellow that I have seen and nothing! Even Silva and Sterling are getting in on the act.
That said we look lightweight without the captain dishing out a few challenges. We should not be getting pushed around physically in our own ground.
Lots of good signs though so glad this one is out of the way.
1 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 8495
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble
x 369
x 903

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Chicken Runner wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:19 pm
First chance to watch the game today.
Mike Dean has been giving them a free pass in midfield. Rodrigo has comitted at least 3 fouls worthy of a yellow that I have seen and nothing! Even Silva and Sterling are getting in on the act.
That said we look lightweight without the captain dishing out a few challenges. We should not be getting pushed around physically in our own ground.
Lots of good signs though so glad this one is out of the way.
I'm not on a Noble-bashing exercise but they were so fast he wouldn't have got near them.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Post Reply

Social Media