West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Chicken Runner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:26 pm
Chicken Runner wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:19 pm
First chance to watch the game today.
Mike Dean has been giving them a free pass in midfield. Rodrigo has comitted at least 3 fouls worthy of a yellow that I have seen and nothing! Even Silva and Sterling are getting in on the act.
That said we look lightweight without the captain dishing out a few challenges. We should not be getting pushed around physically in our own ground.
Lots of good signs though so glad this one is out of the way.
I'm not on a Noble-bashing exercise but they were so fast he wouldn't have got near them.
:lol: you're probably right.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:05 am
IronsForever wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 am

City made 15 fouls to our 5. They know how to break up play before it gets dangerous.
Where are most those fouls committed Irons..inside their own half/centre circle..Breaking up play early..
stop the first ball when opponents get possession,that's the aim of a press..
Our Fouls are usually deep in our own half.

Pellers put a side together to win games by outplaying your opponents by attacking,
which to be honest,much as I want and love us attacking...Defence comes first..make that
Solid,that allows you to attack freely.
We Don't have the Players to sit,We sit deep in PL games...well......

The First 20/25 we pressed....then we got kicked to fuck lost Jack, and started sitting deeper..
you saw the consequencies..sittin deep with 2 up top as well..ridiculous.
I know you cant just start doing it once you start backing off...but They're 50Gs+ a week
footballers...and a Manager earning God knows how much...not a pub Side.

Cant believe you guys wanna "Park the Bus"......
Lets get the Anti Christ Moyes back..... :lol:
Not park the bus at all MK. just measured counter play against maybe the best side in the world right now. Its what you need to do to beat them mate. We almost got something at there gaff last year parking the bus. To high press like we did in them 25 mins for the whole game is impossible. The players are not fit enough to sustain that level of intensity.
Lets also look at our strengths . We had pace with Antonio. Anderson and Fredericks , with Haller ahead. Thats not a bad counter attack quartet.
I hear what yer saying but when 11 players come up against 11 better players you need to have a plan to stop them them and create your own chances. You cant just let them play through the middle. If they had popped another 2 in before half time that could have been 7 or 8 mate. Pellegrini got it wrong for me. Just my opinion..
Rice had no help at all. I presumed Jack would stay close to him but Jack,s instincts take him up and theres the gap through the lines.
Last edited by IronsForever on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Chicken Runner wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:26 pm

I'm not on a Noble-bashing exercise but they were so fast he wouldn't have got near them.
:lol: you're probably right.
We're in danger of the PL becoming a two-horse race much like the Scottish league was before Rangers shot themselves in the foot.

Would, say 10 years ago, anyone have blinked an eyelid if Celtic had won 5-0 away at a mid level team on the opening day ?

Of course not.

Despite all the spending, no-one else is anywhere near. I don't like it but it's a fact.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm

“Jack” as people are so fond of calling Mr Wheelchair , is so lightweight it’s unbelievable, and his end product is zero .

Was it the second or third goal where he gave it away trying to play pinball triangles in a congested zone ?

Noble and/or Sanchez are too slow but as somebody above said , at least the studs would have been up.

Sorry Mikey et al but not addressing our DM (or lack of )situation in the transfer window will bite us on the arse over and over and over again .

The big teams will walk through us and the lesser teams will kick us up in the air.

By the way , that Rodri is one horrible fucking thug
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm
“Jack” as people are so fond of calling Mr Wheelchair , is so lightweight it’s unbelievable, and his end product is zero .

Was it the second or third goal where he gave it away trying to play pinball triangles in a congested zone ?

Noble and/or Sanchez are too slow but as somebody above said , at least the studs would have been up.

Sorry Mikey et al but not addressing our DM (or lack of ) in the transfer window will bite on the arse over and over and over again .

The big teams will walk through us and the lesser teams will kick us up in the air.
Good analysis and your point about 5-a-side skills on a 11-a-side pitch was aptly made with pinball triangles...

...all fur coat and no knickers
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Too harsh Tim, NONE of our players was able to penetrate that excellent defense. A lot of the approach work from Wilshire was impressive and would have got results against a lesser team.

His ability to get up and down the pitch has been better than I expected and I would pick before Lanzini and Anderson.
2 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm

I agree with TIM, wilshire/Fornals/Anderson/Lanzini is so weak and lightweight, they all seem to get brushed aside quite easily, very few tackles or even fouls made, even MP moaned about the lack of fouls all round by us.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm
I agree with TIM, wilshire/Fornals/Anderson/Lanzini is so weak and lightweight, they all seem to get brushed aside quite easily, very few tackles or even fouls made, even MP moaned about the lack of fouls all round by us.
Oh for a Peter Butler George Parris or , dare I say it , Tommy Repka ....
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

grandad

Post by grandad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:01 am

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm
Oh for a Peter Butler George Parris or , dare I say it , Tommy Repka ....

Indeed Tim a Peter butler type player but better I might add ( never going to be a world beater but a bit of horrible)

We beat hove next week if all be forgot though 😡
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am

IronsForever wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:50 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:05 am

Where are most those fouls committed Irons..inside their own half/centre circle..Breaking up play early..
stop the first ball when opponents get possession,that's the aim of a press..
Our Fouls are usually deep in our own half.

Pellers put a side together to win games by outplaying your opponents by attacking,
which to be honest,much as I want and love us attacking...Defence comes first..make that
Solid,that allows you to attack freely.
We Don't have the Players to sit,We sit deep in PL games...well......

The First 20/25 we pressed....then we got kicked to fuck lost Jack, and started sitting deeper..
you saw the consequencies..sittin deep with 2 up top as well..ridiculous.
I know you cant just start doing it once you start backing off...but They're 50Gs+ a week
footballers...and a Manager earning God knows how much...not a pub Side.

Cant believe you guys wanna "Park the Bus"......
Lets get the Anti Christ Moyes back..... :lol:
Not park the bus at all MK. just measured counter play against maybe the best side in the world right now. Its what you need to do to beat them mate. We almost got something at there gaff last year parking the bus. To high press like we did in them 25 mins for the whole game is impossible. The players are not fit enough to sustain that level of intensity.
Lets also look at our strengths . We had pace with Antonio. Anderson and Fredericks , with Haller ahead. Thats not a bad counter attack quartet.
I hear what yer saying but when 11 players come up against 11 better players you need to have a plan to stop them them and create your own chances. You cant just let them play through the middle. If they had popped another 2 in before half time that could have been 7 or 8 mate. Pellegrini got it wrong for me. Just my opinion..
Rice had no help at all. I presumed Jack would stay close to him but Jack,s instincts take him up and theres the gap through the lines.
Cant disagree with anything you said there mate,apart from did we "Park the Bus".. :lol:
who came up with that......
Last season....had Nasri,Anderson,Mickey,AC...Obi in Jacks role..give you that,subs were
like for like,still attack minded,with Lanza and Grady D coming on,so not a particularly
defensive side..sometimes when your pinned,cant get out,people say your deliberately
doing it,not always the case.

What Screwed us Saturday....was Man City like all the Really successful sides not just here,
Europe,Worldwide...they use Everything they have to to win...I mean Everything,if that
means Conning the Ref,diving,The Taking one for the team shit..to Targeting and Hacking
down Playmakers...they'll do it.... A Game unfortunately you have to learn if you wanna
mix it with them..

I Want Peller to succeed as much as anyone......but Taking Mickey off for Fornals,when he
freely admits ,City were getting over physical..doesn't make any sense,and TBH honest
would have made more sense to move side around a bit and get Sanchez on..not that
I wanna see him play to much...but it's more logical..
And was after his changes that we really fell apart...Hernandez brings nothing extra,he's a
goal poacher..thats it..and we weren't getting the ball in...
Frustrating day....
Frustrating Manager at times....
3 x

Social Media