The end of Football as we know it.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by JayK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:15 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:58 pm

I agree,it's the process as you describe.What I mean't was, using the software to model in 360 degree and therefore becoming an undisputed regulatory authority.

So I'm suggesting removing the human interpretation factors and replacing them with software that is measuring every image pixel from it's start and end positions and then calculating the result dependant on the set of conditions that are pre programmed.

Tweak the rules,tweak the program. And unlike autonomous vehicles...no one can get run over
Totally agree mate, the more automation and the more they can take human decisions out of the process the better.
But, for certain decisions... unless they perfect AI then it will continue to require human interpretation.
If that’s the case then they should look to replace these old dinosaurs they currently have and train a new breed of officials specifically for the new technology.
Someone will fuck up the code but I do like the idea. Gotta be better than what I witnessed yesterday
0 x
COYI!!!

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Footballs very own speed camera.

No longer can you celebrate a goal, as you have to wait for VAR to stick its fucking nose in.
Cricket is different as its only used on appeal

VAR will ruin football. Next, it will be made a non contact sport, much like Basketball. Then, the womans game can be amalgamated into the mens, and the money will come rolling in
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm

JayK wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Totally agree mate, the more automation and the more they can take human decisions out of the process the better.
But, for certain decisions... unless they perfect AI then it will continue to require human interpretation.
If that’s the case then they should look to replace these old dinosaurs they currently have and train a new breed of officials specifically for the new technology.
Someone will fuck up the code but I do like the idea. Gotta be better than what I witnessed yesterday
It will get better.
For me I’m for it.
I was close to giving up on football before VAR so whether it succeeds or not makes fuck all difference to me.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

JayK

Post by JayK » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm
JayK wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 pm

It will get better.
For me I’m for it.
I was close to giving up on football before VAR so whether it succeeds or not makes fuck all difference to me.
Still controlled by humans though which leaves it open to human error and biased or corrupt decisions. AI would be better
0 x
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Must be me, didn't think it was that bad yesterday, most decisions, except for the offside goal, were made quite quickly.

What was shocking once again was Mike Deans interpretation of the rules for them as opposed to us, pit the could't automatically review all his decisions!
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 pm

garnett wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am
Morning,
As much as I despised Blatter he resisted bring in VAR saying it was taking the human error element out of the game, I agree with that despite thinking the officials need help, but yesterday goals was awarded and cancelled out because an arm was offside, how in gods name is that gaining an advantage, common sense isn't allowed in fifa.
I`m gradually falling out of love of the game.
Just for the record - Arms are only part of body that cant be offside. In The Man City game's cases it was a couple of mm of shoulder that was offside on both occasions. Unfortunately if you bring in science then you have to be scientific.....If you are a bee's dick offside then you are offside.
0 x

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 pm

I was a pro VAR guy until I saw what they've done with it. We gone from zero to 100.
Originally I was thinking goal line technology, penalties and that's it. But oh no we have to scrutinize every dodgy move.

They've gone way OTT. Ridiculous!! :o
So I agree with the original posters statement.

While I'm at it.......
I hate the new offside rule too. Who makes up these bullshit rules. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:54 am

Didn’t watch the Newcastle Arsenal game yesterday but before the Manchester United Chelsea match Andy Gray (remember him) was complaining about a goal cancelled by var which he said would have still been allowed if there was a pitch side monitor as in most other countries.

We do seem to have a belief that somehow we do things better than the rest of the world but judging from the cock up at the start of the Liverpool Norwich second-half when the system fouled up and the apparent problems at Newcastle maybe the PL should accept that maybe everyone else has got it right and we should just use the same system.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:13 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:54 am
Didn’t watch the Newcastle Arsenal game yesterday but before the Manchester United Chelsea match Andy Gray (remember him) was complaining about a goal cancelled by var which he said would have still been allowed if there was a pitch side monitor as in most other countries.

We do seem to have a belief that somehow we do things better than the rest of the world but judging from the cock up at the start of the Liverpool Norwich second-half when the system fouled up and the apparent problems at Newcastle maybe the PL should accept that maybe everyone else has got it right and we should just use the same system.
All done for effect mate. Gives Souness and the other spitting scouser something more to talk about at half time :roll:
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:27 am

Personally I am all for it, yes it can be protracted but at least it should stop some of the bad decisions against us over the years? Anyway without it we would have lost 6-0 on Saturday. ;)
Games will be 95-100 minutes minimum now? :D
0 x

Social Media