The official VAR thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9712
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 253
x 1272

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:17 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:15 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 am
Has Palerider says,VAR is there to correct wrong decisions.All 3 you mentioned were obvious mistakes,not like the one`s the other week,where a finger nail and a nose was offside.

If you are not going to do VAR properly,than don't don't bother at all IMO.
Well said that man.

When the means to correct the human errors in the game is being discussed twice as much as the games themselves, you know something's fucked-up.
The worst instance of a "human error" was in March of 1964 when Mr & Mrs Riley tested the mattress springs and 9 months later Michael Riley was born.

And the cunt's a fucking Yorkie.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
punkrockhammer
Posts: 2986
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 am
x 82
x 419

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by punkrockhammer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 am
So VAR is the headline. Again.

Haller brought down, n penalty.
Tielemans straight red. No action taken.
Grealish booked for diving prior to last second equaliser. He didn't.

All monumental cock-ups by incompetent referees but the cowardly VAR officials in Stockley Park don't want to upset their mates. VAR exists to overturn howlers. They were.

Shameful.
Terrible day for the people running or supporting VAR

As you say, all those decisions were blatantly wrong and if they are not going to correct these errors but rule a goal offside because someone has longer hair than the defender then you may aswell scrap the fucking thing. It’s a laughing stock already
0 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3947
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 888
x 711

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:22 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:07 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 am
So VAR is the headline. Again.

Haller brought down, n penalty.
Tielemans straight red. No action taken.
Grealish booked for diving prior to last second equaliser. He didn't.

All monumental cock-ups by incompetent referees but the cowardly VAR officials in Stockley Park don't want to upset their mates. VAR exists to overturn howlers. They were.

Shameful.
Terrible day for the people running or supporting VAR

As you say, all those decisions were blatantly wrong and if they are not going to correct these errors but rule a goal offside because someone has longer hair than the defender then you may aswell scrap the fucking thing. It’s a laughing stock already
I think that the FA has destroyed the offside rule over the last few years, nowadays you have the players blatantly standing in an offside position at freekicks etc, waiting for the chance to pounce on mistakes. Played on side by a stray pass by the opposition when standing off side by miles. Whatever happened to that rule "Stood in an offside position"....surely that should mean just one thing, his foot or toenail can be declared offside, hair, noses, chins, eyeballs cannot. Simple.
0 x

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 347
x 233

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Towie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm

See Brucie diving again to try and get a penalty, moves his body towards defender initiated contact and throws himself to floor.

Ref gives a freekick but no yellow to cheating Spud.
Surely VAR team can remind ref it is a yellow for simulation! But because he is England captain gets away with it, 2 weeks in a row now.

Anyway nice to be above Spuds, Cheatski and red Mancs in table for a change.
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9712
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 253
x 1272

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:59 pm

Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
See Brucie diving again to try and get a penalty, moves his body towards defender initiated contact and throws himself to floor.

Ref gives a freekick but no yellow to cheating Spud.
Surely VAR team can remind ref it is a yellow for simulation! But because he is England captain gets away with it, 2 weeks in a row now.

Anyway nice to be above Spuds, Cheatski and red Mancs in table for a change.
I don't want to be greedy but it will be nicer if that's still the situation in April.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 347
x 233

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Towie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:59 pm
Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
See Brucie diving again to try and get a penalty, moves his body towards defender initiated contact and throws himself to floor.

Ref gives a freekick but no yellow to cheating Spud.
Surely VAR team can remind ref it is a yellow for simulation! But because he is England captain gets away with it, 2 weeks in a row now.

Anyway nice to be above Spuds, Cheatski and red Mancs in table for a change.
I don't want to be greedy but it will be nicer if that's still the situation in April.
Well I’m realistic to know it is extremely unlikely, however as there is an international break I can laud it up for at least a couple of weeks. :D
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
Castiron
Posts: 3271
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm
x 154
x 336

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Castiron » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
See Brucie diving again to try and get a penalty, moves his body towards defender initiated contact and throws himself to floor.

Ref gives a freekick but no yellow to cheating Spud.
Surely VAR team can remind ref it is a yellow for simulation! But because he is England captain gets away with it, 2 weeks in a row now.

Anyway nice to be above Spuds, Cheatski and red Mancs in table for a change.
Kane and Ali both cheating cunts. Both dived again today and not even a card!.
0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 8661
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 273
x 809

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
See Brucie diving again to try and get a penalty, moves his body towards defender initiated contact and throws himself to floor.

Ref gives a freekick but no yellow to cheating Spud.
Surely VAR team can remind ref it is a yellow for simulation! But because he is England captain gets away with it, 2 weeks in a row now.

Anyway nice to be above Spuds, Cheatski and red Mancs in table for a change.
Let’s remind ourselves that our own player Yarmalenko got away with a blatant dive yesterday.
The cheating is so rife in the game that the officialdom seem to have given up trying to officiate it.
The media doesn’t help and we regular hear phrases like “cute”, “streetwise”, and “he bought it” from Sky, BT and BBC pundits essentially shining indirect praise on the cheating fuckers.
Even supporters seem to have now been hoodwinked into the idea that it’s an “art”, especially when we benefit from it.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9712
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 253
x 1272

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm

Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:59 pm


I don't want to be greedy but it will be nicer if that's still the situation in April.
Well I’m realistic to know it is extremely unlikely, however as there is an international break I can laud it up for at least a couple of weeks. :D
Unlikely ? You're probably right but imo there are 2 and maybe 3 places up for grabs in the Top 6 this season. Should at least make it interesting.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
aklhammer
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 am
Location: 200km North of Hobbiton
x 10
x 26

Re: The end of Football as we know it.

Post by aklhammer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:21 am

Watched a lot of the games this weekend and felt like VAR hq was just on holiday, apart from the NL derby maybe where drama was at stake. Seemed like a normal weekend of shit decisions that might have been offside or given as penalties that weren't, who knows. Its the same twats in charge of the twats that made a twat of this all in the first place, innit. Fuck these twats.
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media