January window

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

January window

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 am

The worst time of all to bring in recruitments. But we have to do it. Three windows have come and gone and the negligence in bringing in the player that would turn us from an unpredictable team into a bloody good team is staggering. Whether or not it's down to MP's bloody-mindedness or the dwarf's piggy-bank I don't know, but it's a necessity.

Apparently we have to offload a foreign player for it to happen. Well, you can give Sanchez away. As much use as a chocolate fire-guard. And although he's scored a few goals, the pea as well which would get 140,000 big ones off the wage bill.

Otherwise, it will be another season like the last, which had some high points but some fucking low ones too.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Re: January window

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 am

Jan windows should be avoided like the plague imo. Our problem yesterday, apart from the obviou one that we were playing a team far better than anyone else, was that we continued with the gang ho tactics even when it became clear it wasn’t to be our day. At 0-2 i’d have gone into damage limitation mode.

IMO there is no need to panic.

Just yet.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:49 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 am
Jan windows should be avoided like the plague imo. Our problem yesterday, apart from the obviou one that we were playing a team far better than anyone else, was that we continued with the gang ho tactics even when it became clear it wasn’t to be our day. At 0-2 i’d have gone into damage limitation mode.

Just yet.
I'd abolish them but for now we have them. The boy from Brazil said we'd not get Cuellar until the Brazilian league finished in December. Ideal time. Splash the cash.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:50 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:51 am
The worst time of all to bring in recruitments. But we have to do it. Three windows have come and gone and the negligence in bringing in the player that would turn us from an unpredictable team into a bloody good team is staggering. Whether or not it's down to MP's bloody-mindedness or the dwarf's piggy-bank I don't know, but it's a necessity.

Apparently we have to offload a foreign player for it to happen. Well, you can give Sanchez away. As much use as a chocolate fire-guard. And although he's scored a few goals, the pea as well which would get 140,000 big ones off the wage bill.

Otherwise, it will be another season like the last, which had some high points but some fucking low ones too.
Not easy to offload Little Pea. No team is going to pay that 140 a week wage Bill , apart from top teams but they wont want him.He is on more money than the 2 Arsenal strikers. Even if we loan him out we would have to pay half the wages.Same as Hugil.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:49 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 am

Just yet.
I'd abolish them but for now we have them. The boy from Brazil said we'd not get Cuellar until the Brazilian league finished in December. Ideal time. Splash the cash.

Tbh I know fuck all about Cuellar but if he is as good as some are suggesting he will be on the radar of bigger fish. In any case even quality players, like Alexis Sanchez, turn into very poor ones when they move in January. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 am

I agree, from day one that MP came in we have leaked goals, either the defence is shit or the people in midfield are for not protecting enough. Either way this has not been addressed in two windows, and we are leaking goals badly, I think this is a big mistake and will be our downfall as last season. We have too many "flair" players and no ball winners, how MP does not see this I do not know?
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 am
I agree, from day one that MP came in we have leaked goals, either the defence is shit or the people in midfield are for not protecting enough. Either way this has not been addressed in two windows, and we are leaking goals badly, I think this is a big mistake and will be our downfall as last season. We have too many "flair" players and no ball winners, how MP does not see this I do not know?
To have a ball winner does not mean you are less attractive to watch.
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 am

January's ok for Loans IMO...maybe with a right to buy..but wouldn't be laying out any big
bucks...less someone you seriously want becomes available....
Would Like, a Like for Like with Sanchez moving on...there's just got to be a Similar type Player
out there somewhere we can try out...if he was decent be a huge Prob solved.

And we have to do something with Chico Now...Even a loan he's just surplus to requirements,
gotta be trying new guy in future....if Mr P has to play 2 up top at times...
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:02 pm

I think pelegrinis, score more than we concede in a game approach is so ingrained that he refuses to adapt. Needs to remember position can be determined by goal difference also,. Wasnt expecting to win yesterday, but we could have kept the goal tally down. Any game you know you are certain to be in the minuses you need to adapt.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

It’s all ok out scoring opponents if you have the right tools at your disposal.
We haven’t.
0 x

Social Media