January window

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: January window

Post by h69 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:36 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am
dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:12 am
I agree, from day one that MP came in we have leaked goals, either the defence is shit or the people in midfield are for not protecting enough. Either way this has not been addressed in two windows, and we are leaking goals badly, I think this is a big mistake and will be our downfall as last season. We have too many "flair" players and no ball winners, how MP does not see this I do not know?
To have a ball winner does not mean you are less attractive to watch.
We have a ball winner in Rice. We need a powerful box to box midfielder to play alongside him IMO.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm

h69 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:36 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am

To have a ball winner does not mean you are less attractive to watch.
We have a ball winner in Rice. We need a powerful box to box midfielder to play alongside him IMO.
Declan's more of an interceptor than a ball winner. But I agree with you, a box to box player who can get tackles in as well.

We had the chance but Reading snapped him up.
2 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 pm

I would like for us to have another crack at signing Ascacibar from Stuttgart & moving whatever foreign player and their salary to make it happen in Jan.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm
andyginbrasil wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Cuellar has had his head turned with all that has gone on at Flamengo and underhanded contract negotiations.
He had a meeting with the club directors last week and they have agreed that he can leave at the end of the season,( 2nd week in December). The fee would need to be around the 10 million euros mark, affordable.
The problem is can he wait, there have been two offers put in by Galatasaray and Inter Milan but so far have been refused. He wants out so could be pushed into a position where he leaves to join another club just as an escape. His heart is set on the PL, whereas our window has now shut the European is still open leaving them with the upper hand for the next 3 weeks.
IMO.....we have missed out big time on the type of player that would do a job for us.
I'm surprised we weren't all over this.
A Saudi club came in for him yesterday, Al-Hilal, offered 7.5 million euros for him....payable over 2 installments ......He just wants out so Flamengo will accept it....the Flamengo fans aren't happy with the new manager.... :lol: :lol:
0 x

Social Media