Are Man City ruining our game?

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

Re: Are Man City ruining our game?

Post by Noni » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 pm

I don't think Man C are ruining our game, they are such a good team. After today, Chelsea got thrashed! :D 4-0

This looks good for us ;)
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:22 pm
Yes.

A cap in transfers or salaries would presumably mean city, Liverpool, Man Utd et al would get first refusal of best players and we’d have to settle seconds, so nothing really changes!

They have so much spending advantage , buy a 40m player and stick him on the bench. Also have a dislike for the amount of pep noshing that goes on. Coached top teams in the world with unrivalled budgets is that a real test ? Pelli did it with similar budget at citeh, can’t do it with a real team and smaller budget, suspect peppy couldn’t either.
Fuckin dislike city quite passionately..& not just because of the shit I’ve had all weekend from the many fans I know...albeit that hasn’t helped my mood.
Pep gets praised because quite simply he is the best in the business. City won the league under both Mancini and Pellegrini but they didn’t dominate in the way they are now . Nor was their football as exciting.

Anyone who thinks City are ruining the game belongs in the same class as those numpties in education who think every kid at sports day should get a prize.

It’s up to the rest of us to knock them off their perch, not belly ache about them having more money. Sport is the same as life. There’s those who have and those who wish they did.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 am
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:22 pm
Yes.

A cap in transfers or salaries would presumably mean city, Liverpool, Man Utd et al would get first refusal of best players and we’d have to settle seconds, so nothing really changes!

They have so much spending advantage , buy a 40m player and stick him on the bench. Also have a dislike for the amount of pep noshing that goes on. Coached top teams in the world with unrivalled budgets is that a real test ? Pelli did it with similar budget at citeh, can’t do it with a real team and smaller budget, suspect peppy couldn’t either.
Fuckin dislike city quite passionately..& not just because of the shit I’ve had all weekend from the many fans I know...albeit that hasn’t helped my mood.
Pep gets praised because quite simply he is the best in the business. City won the league under both Mancini and Pellegrini but they didn’t dominate in the way they are now . Nor was their football as exciting.

Anyone who thinks City are ruining the game belongs in the same class as those numpties in education who think every kid at sports day should get a prize.

It’s up to the rest of us to knock them off their perch, not belly ache about them having more money. Sport is the same as life. There’s those who have and those who wish they did.
Agree to disagree on this whisky, theres a real chance as someone has mentioned that the prem turns in to the scottish prem league with 1 or 2 teams that have the only realistic chance of winning anything, i dont think that is competitive or sustainable. Not sour grapes. Not sure how we or anyone else knock them off their perch with a budget a quarter the size of theirs. It will always be this way unless they enforce financial fair play or something similar.
As for pep, still like to see him do it with underdogs.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:01 am

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 am

Agree to disagree on this whisky, theres a real chance as someone has mentioned that the prem turns in to the scottish prem league with 1 or 2 teams that have the only realistic chance of winning anything, i dont think that is competitive or sustainable. Not sour grapes. Not sure how we or anyone else knock them off their perch with a budget a quarter the size of theirs. It will always be this way unless they enforce financial fair play or something similar.
As for pep, still like to see him do it with underdogs.
Agree that clubs with money will always dominate but hasn’t that always been the case.? Can’t agree with you on ffp though. In it’s present form the ffp rules simply ensure the game is less competitive because the rules are based on turnover and those clubs in the CL have a huge advantage over the rest.

Pep? He wouldn’t win the league with Burnley of course but they’d be a lot more watchable.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 am

I can see everyone point of view and yes, I am not happy of how Pep want Man City to do more and bashing other teams without a care in the world......Joining the Champions League with huge duff of money for getting top players, this make top teams in Europe a BIG GAP to the rest of the teams that NEVER match them and this is getting boring which is why I don't watch those big clubs in Europe.

Man City
PSG
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Real Madrid

These teams I never have any interest as they are dominating their owns leagues for years now......Since Champions League came into operation in 1990s, it has changed football and only 1, or even 2 in few countries started dominating their leagues for umpteen time which are too boring for me. I preferred the old days of 1950s to 1970s where any teams have chance to win their leagues.

Same re-cyle of leagues winners and same story.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am

The Pl/1st Div......has always been dominated...Scouse/Then Mancs...Arse and Cheats popping
in now and again...that's it Basically....Now City.....who are far from dominating it,and untouchable,
Red Scouse are European Champion,who done for City 5-1 in last years comp,which is a harder
Comp to win..with the amount of games now,and 2 Legs...has taken the luck side of a cup win
out of it,best team wins it now..Plus your playing the very best,Scouse hold their own,City
Struggle at times...
Lost one game all last season...City lost 4...one it by 1 point,could have easily been the Scouses..

City Buy ready made Players...Scouse get guys in and improve them,and will give players like
Robertson..Trent Alex,a chance to come thru..

And They've Signed our Adrian.... :lol:

No I'm not a Scouse fan...just the way I see it at the moment..
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:46 am

I think we need to give some credit where it's due. Pep micro manages his team even when the game is in progress. Constantly giving advice,pointing,gesturing,trying to manipulate the players minds to his own desire for perfections.

It's impressive.Yes they have a great collective but they are beatable.

We collapsed at 0-3,which is never a good look.And when the club release video clips of players training,flicks and tricks and laughing and arseing about, then it shows nobody really gives much of a fuck.
3 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:13 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:46 am
I think we need to give some credit where it's due. Pep micro manages his team even when the game is in progress. Constantly giving advice,pointing,gesturing,trying to manipulate the players minds to his own desire for perfections.

It's impressive.Yes they have a great collective but they are beatable.

We collapsed at 0-3,which is never a good look.And when the club release video clips of players training,flicks and tricks and laughing and arseing about, then it shows nobody really gives much of a fuck.
Spot on mate. Also City had to be ready at least `a week earlier for Charity Shield and their fitness over ours showed in the last 15 mins.. When you are tiring they bring on Aguero lol.. If it was 3-0 we would have accepted it. Strange how a couple of sloppy goals at the end when the players are not 100% fit( they should be ) kinda gives it a personal thingy.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm
Course their not ruining it the bindippers took them to the wire last season .
Any team that stops the North London Vermin cunts are ok in my book.
Yes,Liverpool did take them to the wire,but imo,they got very lucky in a lot of their games getting the points..If VAR would have been round last year,they wouldn't have got so near.

Man City were the opposite,they were unlucky to lose their 4 games imo.
As opposed to Man United in the 90s and Liverpool in the 80s. Granted, City hammer teams more than the scousers used to but sport is cyclical and it will be someone else in future and almost always the richest win when you can buy players for money.

I dont mind it myself. What ruins football for me is :

1) Transfer Window
2) Stupid KO times
3) Media obsession with big clubs
4) Constant Rule changes
5) No terracing
6) Fans demanding a matchday experience. I preferred the old days when you just stood on a terrace and watched the game and had next to no facilities
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Towie

Post by Towie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:57 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes,Liverpool did take them to the wire,but imo,they got very lucky in a lot of their games getting the points..If VAR would have been round last year,they wouldn't have got so near.

Man City were the opposite,they were unlucky to lose their 4 games imo.
As opposed to Man United in the 90s and Liverpool in the 80s. Granted, City hammer teams more than the scousers used to but sport is cyclical and it will be someone else in future and almost always the richest win when you can buy players for money.

I dont mind it myself. What ruins football for me is :

1) Transfer Window
2) Stupid KO times
3) Media obsession with big clubs
4) Constant Rule changes
5) No terracing
6) Fans demanding a matchday experience. I preferred the old days when you just stood on a terrace and watched the game and had next to no facilities
Yep, couldn’t beat someone pissing up the back of your leg. :lol:
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Social Media