When will it end

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: When will it end

Post by Newmarket » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:53 am

hd1 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am
dagenhamdave wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:32 am
That maybe true we will see, the simple truth is that in three transfer windows I believe MP has only brought in a very small number of players with PL experience, that is the chance you take, and sadly our past record with recent overseas players is not that good.
Whilst you're right, the strategy for transfers has changed since July 2018 and if you look at the players MP has brought in only Perez has been a 'failure' so far
I wouldn’t even go as far as to say that .

He scored goals when he played . Which wasn’t often
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 am

hd1 wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
That maybe true we will see, the simple truth is that in three transfer windows I believe MP has only brought in a very small number of players with PL experience, that is the chance you take, and sadly our past record with recent overseas players is not that good.
Whilst you're right, the strategy for transfers has changed since July 2018 and if you look at the players MP has brought in only Perez has been a 'failure' so far
Was Perez a failure?.....When he was given chances at least he scored a few...... ;)
2 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Hence why I used the ' ' around failure
0 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:35 pm

hd1 wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
My opinion is different, we are still conceding too many goals a the back since the day MP arrived, in the middle he has brought in Sanchez, Wilshire, Anderson, nothing to write home about there either, up front is wait and see along with Fornals.
My opinion is no stand out players so far and has not brought in the players we need.
Giving Zab /Arthur new contracts and making Cresswell Captain has not gone down that great either with a lot of fans?
I do not look at the team as any better than last year at the moment, certainly no big improvement in my eyes.
We have much the same as last year with a few unproven PL footballers, we will be lucky if 1/2 of them make the grade, as normal for us. How many stand out players have we had in the last 5 seasons, probably one, Payet.
£ for £ Perez was better than Chico, with outlay and wages.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:15 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:35 pm
hd1 wrote:

My opinion is different, we are still conceding too many goals a the back since the day MP arrived, in the middle he has brought in Sanchez, Wilshire, Anderson, nothing to write home about there either, up front is wait and see along with Fornals.
My opinion is no stand out players so far and has not brought in the players we need.
Giving Zab /Arthur new contracts and making Cresswell Captain has not gone down that great either with a lot of fans?
I do not look at the team as any better than last year at the moment, certainly no big improvement in my eyes.
We have much the same as last year with a few unproven PL footballers, we will be lucky if 1/2 of them make the grade, as normal for us. How many stand out players have we had in the last 5 seasons, probably one, Payet.
You dont think that having a 45m striker and another with a decent goal record is better than having one who never played plus one that wanted out ?

You dont think Fornals is a better player than Obiang quality wise.?

You dont think that bringing in a another young CB is an upgrade on Reece Oxford ?

We are better than last season as we have been year on year with Pelle.

Did you see the team I posted from 5 years ago compared to now? That would have been relegated in the current climate instead of finishing a couple of places outside Europe

I get that some players like Haller and Fornals are too new to judge yet but that does not make them poor....also while you say Anderson is nothing to write home about, was he better than Downing ?

Cant believe that people are so negative after one game against the best PL team ever and that all the moans are about conceding when they are the same ones who wanted entertaining football at all costs 'even if we have to concede a lot in the process' .

Same negativity every season. One season we concede too much, the next we are too defensive....yet if both were fixed we would be Champions. :lol:
6 x
Watchout for Spongebob

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
hd1 wrote:

Little early Dave to say the team doesnt look any better than last year. I get your point though. We had the prick Arnie and replaced with Haller so no huge advantage there.Fornals will need time to adjust to the pace of Premiership like Yarmelenko did last season. Took him half a dozen games to find his feet.The midfield muscle hasn,t improved and we let Obiang go who did a job when we were short.Zabby has an extended contract because they never had the dough to buy a decent replacement..This Ajet might be our Jewel this season along with Haller.
Personally i am going to wait for 6 games to make a comparison with last season. Diop took a few games to get going and i am expecting him and Balbuena to become more solid although they do need more protection in the middle so when Noble is back and results are not going as expected then he will start with Rice and Jack.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm

h69 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:15 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:

You dont think that having a 45m striker and another with a decent goal record is better than having one who never played plus one that wanted out ?

You dont think Fornals is a better player than Obiang quality wise.?

You dont think that bringing in a another young CB is an upgrade on Reece Oxford ?

We are better than last season as we have been year on year with Pelle.

Did you see the team I posted from 5 years ago compared to now? That would have been relegated in the current climate instead of finishing a couple of places outside Europe

I get that some players like Haller and Fornals are too new to judge yet but that does not make them poor....also while you say Anderson is nothing to write home about, was he better than Downing ?

Cant believe that people are so negative after one game against the best PL team ever and that all the moans are about conceding when they are the same ones who wanted entertaining football at all costs 'even if we have to concede a lot in the process' .

Same negativity every season. One season we concede too much, the next we are too defensive....yet if both were fixed we would be Champions. :lol:
Fornals is better than Obiang mate but not at stopping players. Its about balance and we need to find that asap. I said pre season i like the look of the line up which i predicted BUT them mid players need to play as a unit both up and down. Never happened against City because Pellegrini played the suicidal tactics of trying to high press them. If he plays the high press again tomorrow it could be a similar result because that just leaves Rice isolated.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Towie

Post by Towie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:16 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
hd1 wrote:

Since when did West Ham buy stand out players?
Payet the only one but not many of us knew that much about him before he came.

Haller big upgrade Arnie in my opinion. I was impressed with him on Saturday.
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Sanchez has been a failure - he’s been a fucking disaster tbh and I don’t care who gets the blame for signing him, but somebody did

I also don’t get giving a winger who plays left back a long new contract and then not only playing his main competitor in the first game of the season against one of the fastest sides around, but he was even made captain!
1 x

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:37 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Sanchez has been a failure - he’s been a fucking disaster tbh and I don’t care who gets the blame for signing him, but somebody did

I also don’t get giving a winger who plays left back a long new contract and then not only playing his main competitor in the first game of the season against one of the fastest sides around, but he was even made captain!
I agree.
Everyone keeps on about me moaning about one game, yet I have stated many, many times, that the letting in of goals went on all last season as well as this pre-season. Yet apart from the new young boy we have exactly the same eight back four players as last season, playing the same high push as before, which is where a lot of our problems stem from. Once the other team waltz through our "weak" midfield, a goal beckons a lot of the time.

I hope I am wrong and we have a great season, we will see.
0 x

Social Media