When will it end

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: When will it end

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:17 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Sanchez has been a failure - he’s been a fucking disaster tbh and I don’t care who gets the blame for signing him, but somebody did

I also don’t get giving a winger who plays left back a long new contract and then not only playing his main competitor in the first game of the season against one of the fastest sides around, but he was even made captain!
Every manager will pick his favourites no matter how shit they are.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:17 am
punkrockhammer wrote:
Sanchez has been a failure - he’s been a fucking disaster tbh and I don’t care who gets the blame for signing him, but somebody did

I also don’t get giving a winger who plays left back a long new contract and then not only playing his main competitor in the first game of the season against one of the fastest sides around, but he was even made captain!
Every manager will pick his favourites no matter how shit they are.
Since when has Sanchez been a favourite?
He hasn’t got near the team as injured, but was dropped early on last season and didn’t return.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:37 pm
punkrockhammer wrote:

I agree.
Everyone keeps on about me moaning about one game, yet I have stated many, many times, that the letting in of goals went on all last season as well as this pre-season. Once the other team waltz through our "weak" midfield, a goal beckons a lot of the time.
All part of the dwarf's great plan to be loved Dave. Surely you remember the host of "I'd rather see us draw 4-4 than scrape a 1-0 win" posts back in the not so dim and distant when people were lamenting the loss of the West Ham way.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:

I agree.
Everyone keeps on about me moaning about one game, yet I have stated many, many times, that the letting in of goals went on all last season as well as this pre-season. Yet apart from the new young boy we have exactly the same eight back four players as last season, playing the same high push as before, which is where a lot of our problems stem from. Once the other team waltz through our "weak" midfield, a goal beckons a lot of the time.

I hope I am wrong and we have a great season, we will see.
Its true we let in some stupid goals last season but its also true that there were at least 6 or 7 games we had a great chance of winning after playing well but not being able to score as we had no creative spark or the ability to finish.

Like I said, we would all love to fix both but to get real quality in both places (and not have to settle for stopgaps like Sanchez and Perez), we need to choose one position at a time IMO and as most of the fanbase were moaning that they would rather lose games 5-4 than win with a boring 1-0, I guess that attacking is always now going to be a priority.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:25 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am
dagenhamdave wrote:

I agree.
Everyone keeps on about me moaning about one game, yet I have stated many, many times, that the letting in of goals went on all last season as well as this pre-season. Yet apart from the new young boy we have exactly the same eight back four players as last season, playing the same high push as before, which is where a lot of our problems stem from. Once the other team waltz through our "weak" midfield, a goal beckons a lot of the time.

I hope I am wrong and we have a great season, we will see.
Its true we let in some stupid goals last season but its also true that there were at least 6 or 7 games we had a great chance of winning after playing well but not being able to score as we had no creative spark or the ability to finish.

Like I said, we would all love to fix both but to get real quality in both places (and not have to settle for stopgaps like Sanchez and Perez), we need to choose one position at a time IMO and as most of the fanbase were moaning that they would rather lose games 5-4 than win with a boring 1-0, I guess that attacking is always now going to be a priority.
Losing 5-4 in an end to end good game of football, is not the same as getting thrashed 5-0 and then getting a very lucky point against Brighton in a game which once again we could/should have been thrashed again?
We have played "almost" total shit in the first two PL games, through bad playing players/bad tactics/bad selection.
This is my honest opinion. :x
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:25 pm
h69 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:04 am

Losing 5-4 in an end to end good game of football, is not the same as getting thrashed 5-0 and then getting a very lucky point against Brighton in a game which once again we could/should have been thrashed again?
We have played "almost" total shit in the first two PL games, through bad playing players/bad tactics/bad selection.
Well even if we had a world class CDM, I imagine we would still have lost 5-0 to Man City and v Brighton, we were missing the 45M striker and 36m winger mentioned above BUT it was the first point away we have ever actually got in the PL against them so it is definitely better than playing them off the park and losing like last season....or is it, Im not sure with you whether you prefer last seasons defeat where we were the better team or this seasons point where we were not :lol:

But if you want to go into a meltdown after 2 games and you think that we have not progressed since the days of Cole, Taylor, Maiga, Jarvis and O'Neill then its your opinion.

I get you think we should be challenging for the title but I bet you would have been at the head of the queue if we had spent all the money on a CDM and Left Back and had just Hernandez to play up front......and we would still have lost 5-0 to City :roll:
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 am

h69 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am
dagenhamdave wrote:

Well even if we had a world class CDM, I imagine we would still have lost 5-0 to Man City and v Brighton, we were missing the 45M striker and 36m winger mentioned above BUT it was the first point away we have ever actually got in the PL against them so it is definitely better than playing them off the park and losing like last season....or is it, Im not sure with you whether you prefer last seasons defeat where we were the better team or this seasons point where we were not :lol:

But if you want to go into a meltdown after 2 games and you think that we have not progressed since the days of Cole, Taylor, Maiga, Jarvis and O'Neill then its your opinion.

I get you think we should be challenging for the title but I bet you would have been at the head of the queue if we had spent all the money on a CDM and Left Back and had just Hernandez to play up front......and we would still have lost 5-0 to City :roll:
You can never judge how a season will pan out until after 10 games.

Watford won their first four last season and we lost our first four.

We finished above them.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 am
h69 wrote:

You can never judge how a season will pan out until after 10 games.

Watford won their first four last season and we lost our first four.

We finished above them.
Agree....especially when the first game is against the team that is clearly the best team in the league.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

h69 wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:

You seem to make up it up more and more with every post. :lol:
I have never suggested any of the things you state above.
We will never challenge for anything under the Dwarf, and I have never expected to.
Yes we have progressed, trouble is many other teams have progressed more than us.
No meltdown here, just my honest opinion of where we are today.
I base my opinion on how West Ham are playing and not the other teams, and I think we are playing pretty poor at the moment. I am not basing the whole season on it, and I hope to God something changes. If you are happy the way we are playing as a team, then good for you.
Also, if you read other posts on here including the video at the very top (crap defending, crap attacking), I am not alone in my view, although I agree it is vastly different to yours and others, but that is what opinions are all about.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm
h69 wrote:

You seem to make up it up more and more with every post. :lol:
I have never suggested any of the things you state above.
We will never challenge for anything under the Dwarf, and I have never expected to.
Yes we have progressed, trouble is many other teams have progressed more than us.
No meltdown here, just my honest opinion of where we are today.
I base my opinion on how West Ham are playing and not the other teams, and I think we are playing pretty poor at the moment. I am not basing the whole season on it, and I hope to God something changes. If you are happy the way we are playing as a team, then good for you.
Also, if you read other posts on here including the video at the very top (crap defending, crap attacking), I am not alone in my view, although I agree it is vastly different to yours and others, but that is what opinions are all about.
Nothing made up there.. :roll:

Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion....I just base mine on more than one away draw and a defeat to the reigning champions thats all....especially with new players coming from different leagues. I guess nowadays, no one gets any time.

Other teams have progressed more than us, many have regressed more than us. Nothing new there.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media