Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm
I’m glad to be proved wrong result wise.

Thought Noble made a big difference , As did Antonio second half and Anderson improved greatly second half too.

Fredericks on the other hand is fucking awful and I blamed Masuaku for their goal not Ogbonna but hey ho .

Haller ?

Good choice mein Fuhrer ?
Credit where it's due my friend.

Incidentally let's try and get a date sorted for a game.
0 x

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Thank god they didn't have their shooting boots on today. It was 7 shots apiece at around half time.
Masuasku and Fredericks are such a liability to us. Their flanks were getting in behind them time and time again. Masuaku doesn't seem to have a clue at times. 2nd goal was his fault I think, standing watching :roll:

Yes it's a great result and I'm very happy for the 3 points but as others have said, we are too vulnerable at the back and easy to exploit.

Lots of good performances in second half especially. Antonio, Noble, Rice, Anderson, Haller all good.
Noble and Antonio have to start I feel.
whufc_crest
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Didn’t fancy us today but fair play a good result ,nice for the new fella to bag a brace.

Onwards and upwards.

Don’t fuck up against fucking Newport.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:27 pm
Didn’t fancy us today but fair play a good result ,nice for the new fella to bag a brace.

Onwards and upwards.

Don’t fuck up against fucking Newport.
Oii Oii!!! A positive post from Dwayne:)
Expect to see the new kid Ajet Tuesday along with Nathan Holland and maybe Connor Coventry.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 pm
Newmarket wrote:

Incidentally let's try and get a date sorted for a game.
'Kill kill kill'....!!!!
1 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Newmarket wrote:
I blamed Masuaku for their goal not Ogbonna but hey ho .
masuaku and ogbonna both left exposed by an extra man on that side of the pitch for most of the game, no threat on the other side for that goal where the majority of our defenders were
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:48 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:58 pm
Massive positive for me today was Haller. Them goals will lift his confidence and you can see he is slowly getting in tune with both Lanzini and Anderson,s runs.
Antonio was massive. Maybe giving him 45 mins to run at slightly tiring players with a full tank of juice is better than starting him when the game is tight.
It was only Hallers 2nd game.I was very impressed with him for the first 20 minutes v City and he missed last weeks game.He will do well for us.
1 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Chicken Runner wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:07 pm
Thank god they didn't have their shooting boots on today. It was 7 shots apiece at around half time.
Masuasku and Fredericks are such a liability to us. Their flanks were getting in behind them time and time again. Masuaku doesn't seem to have a clue at times. 2nd goal was his fault I think, standing watching :roll:
overloaded.. masuaku had to close the player who got the ball for the assist, oggy had to cover gray... 3 or 4 of our other defenders marking air

and it wasn't just in the moment, the entire possession we were short on that side and crowded on our right
Last edited by boxman on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Well that was a lot better.

I thought our defense played a lot narrower today, creating a tighter line and the only reason they scored is because the attackers never tracked back. We corrected that in the second half. Lanzini was great and him and Anderson are only going to get better. Noble worked well and led from the front. Haller was my motm, he was all over the place and never stopped working. Part of me wished noble let him take that penalty but I understood why not. I know a lot will say Antonio should start, but I like him being a sub. Would his running of lasted 90mins? No one else but Antonio can come on and change the shape and pace of a game even when we stick to playing the same system. I think that’s so important and hurts a team when they are tired. I think only Lanzini and Anderson are capable of changing a game from the bench and for me they need to start. So I’d keep that system. It might be a little unfair on Antonio and I’d guess you’d need start him a few matches but in weakens an impact substitution for me. He does that perfectly.

Masu was a lot better, but Fredricks is a strange one. I like the guy and I think he’ll do well but a few times today he got lost on the attack. Too much hesitation and losing momentum when attacking. He should take a tip from Antonio and stick his head down and just run past the player.

Maybe throwing Johnson in here and there will remind him he needs to preform personally not just win as a team.
1 x

boxman

Post by boxman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Kalnor wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 pm
Masu was a lot better, but Fredricks is a strange one. I like the guy and I think he’ll do well but a few times today he got lost on the attack. Too much hesitation and losing momentum when attacking. He should take a tip from Antonio and stick his head down and just run past the player.
what find really odd is most fans reaction to fredericks this week compared to last, this week he actually showed up and offered something.. last week he was completely anonymous.. fredericks upped his game today, was he great? fuck no.. but at least he showed up

maybe it's because we won and we were better on the whole and it was harder to blame oggy and masuaku today... sometimes i wonder if some people actually watch the football when we play.. i guess we all have our bias but would be refreshing to see opinions based more on what happened on the pitch for the 90 rather than how fans feel about a player

i agree, i think johnson will grab his chance when he gets it... fredericks always has a hammie injury in him anyway.. so johnson will feature.. he just needs to be 100% ready for that moment, have a feeling he'll be starting for us next season
1 x

Social Media