Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Watford vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:53 pm

We have started 2 games with just one recognized defending midfield player in Rice. We have scored goal and created very few clear chances. Might as well play with 2 strikers like Arsenal and let them earn their keep. Antonio and Haller up top. We need 2 holding in Rice and Sanchez because we have no other options ha , how poor is that. Let Obiang leave and we have to pitch in Sanchez at 34. Its worse than last season regarding holding mid players. Prellegrini lik me assumed playing Whilshire with Lanzini and Fornals, they would compliment each other attacking and defending but that isnt the case. Mainly because they get segregated when Pellegrini sets up a system to " high press" Segregation amongst midfield players is a disaster. It happened last season at the start when Anderson and Yarmelenko stayed too wide isolating the 2 mid players.
Whatever the line up and system we need 2 up top with Anderson and Lanzini as the couriers. Put a wall up behind that 4.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:48 pm

You just did Tel .
It just depends on who and what system he plays Tim.If he plays 2 defensive midfielders,I fancy us.Can you predict it?
I could predict the approach and probably the team dependant on availability of course.

But Pellegrini isn’t usually for turning.

And I don’t expect him to here do you ?

As John McCririck once said “ just like those damned synchronised swimmers”.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 am

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Now I'm totally confused. Sanchez is crap so play him ? At least that's how I'm reading it.

Presumably if he's crap you think he offers little or nothing to the team. So you pick him.

In the hope he suddenly becomes Sergio Busquets ?
Whisk mate . Ok he’s not the dogs danglies but at least it’s his position so therefore must offer more imo than Wilshere for the reasons I mentioned above .

I’m sure if Noble was fit he would be picked . For his drive determination and leadership if not for his great pace and defensive capabilities.

Anyway , what do you think of my Lanzini suggestion ?

Too many offensive cooks spoil the broth imo and he is the best equipped of those to adapt I reckon .
Tbh mate I couldn't give a flying one, one way or the other, about your Lanzini suggestion.

I've no wish to be confrontational but it seems according to the people on this forum we are either too negative, a la Moyesadyce, or too offensive, to use your terminology.

And my job doesn't depend on the results so I'm inclined to say who gives a shit ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:46 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 am
Newmarket wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Whisk mate . Ok he’s not the dogs danglies but at least it’s his position so therefore must offer more imo than Wilshere for the reasons I mentioned above .

I’m sure if Noble was fit he would be picked . For his drive determination and leadership if not for his great pace and defensive capabilities.

Anyway , what do you think of my Lanzini suggestion ?

Too many offensive cooks spoil the broth imo and he is the best equipped of those to adapt I reckon .
Tbh mate I couldn't give a flying one, one way or the other, about your Lanzini suggestion.

I've no wish to be confrontational but it seems according to the people on this forum we are either too negative, a la Moyesadyce, or too offensive, to use your terminology.

And my job doesn't depend on the results so I'm inclined to say who gives a shit ?
Good night was it ? :lol:
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 am

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:46 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 am

Good night was it ? :lol:
Friday night, best night of the week mate. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 am

All I hope West Ham will do a better performance than last week and Wilshere, if selected ahead of Noble, need to sharpen his performance like in pre-season and his promised to do better.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 am
All I hope West Ham will do a better performance than last week and Wilshere, if selected ahead of Noble, need to sharpen his performance like in pre-season and his promised to do better.
You dont get any time on the ball in that Center Ibby. Whlshire needs outlets and if that happens he will show his class. We need movement around him mate. Mistake last week was playing Fornals in that game. 22 and new to premiership he needs to be introduced slowly , mainly home games or as a no.10. His confidence was knocked all over the place last week but most named Whilshire because he was the central figure.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:55 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:49 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 am
You dont get any time on the ball in that Center Ibby. Whlshire needs outlets and if that happens he will show his class. We need movement around him mate. Mistake last week was playing Fornals in that game. 22 and new to premiership he needs to be introduced slowly , mainly home games or as a no.10. His confidence was knocked all over the place last week but most named Whilshire because he was the central figure.
Totally agreed and hope the defensive side to be strong today.
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:03 pm

ECvKfbGXUAMaOek.jpg
ECvKfbGXUAMaOek.jpg (229.24 KiB) Viewed 320 times
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Oggy again............... :shock:
0 x