West Ham vs Norwich City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

Re: West Ham vs Norwich City Official Match Thread

Post by jhammers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:17 am

Oh and VAR is bollocks
0 x

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:54 am

I have to admit I thought this was the type of game where West Ham slip up and get a draw. (Had 2:2) These after all are the matches we should be winning but season after season can’t quiet capitalize on.

After watching the match late last night I can only repeat how good Anderson was, his link up play with Lanzini is starting to look like a top 6 pairing. The second half we were so dominant and as the game progressed, we just got stronger. Norwich has very little wing play and rely on wing backs to create that width. But with Anderson on the left terrorizing their right back and Masuaku with the freedom to overlap, we really dominated on that side of the pitch. Having little strength on the wings meant Norwich was unable to attack our weakest spot. (Still concerned with teams that have Winger ability)Norwich strength is certainly down the middle but Rice, Ogbonna and Diop contained any danger there perfectly. So impressed with the ability of those three.

As said above Lanzini made some great runs, Yarmo although not always playing well does look dangerous when he gets in the right spot. Him and Fredricks needs to spend some more time together to get that fluidity.

Haller, damn it’s nice to have a center forward that has everything. He’s already very important to our team. Which showed when we missed him and Anderson during the Brighton match.

If you look at our matches we can say we had a very good first half v Man City, (unfortunately fell apart in the second) Drew away against Brighton, but lacked two of our most influential players in Anderson and Haller and won the other three with ease. Our first team is certainly strong and if we continue this type of football then we will certainly be fighting for that top 7 spot. But I still dare not dream anything above that. 😜
1 x

Kelrg

Post by Kelrg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm

jhammers wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:21 am
From what i could see of the game (crap stream but 30 mins highlights)

Anderson looked class
How good is it to have a proper striker? (Not a dig at Hernandez but Haller can do everything)
Pleased for Yarmolenko
Great to get a clean sheet, should help with confidence

Apparently the atmosphere was much better?

whufc_crest
Yes, Atmosphere was really good today. Nice to see so many after the game hanging around for a beer as well.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Kelrg wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm
jhammers wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:21 am
From what i could see of the game (crap stream but 30 mins highlights)

Anderson looked class
How good is it to have a proper striker? (Not a dig at Hernandez but Haller can do everything)
Pleased for Yarmolenko
Great to get a clean sheet, should help with confidence

Apparently the atmosphere was much better?

whufc_crest
Yes, Atmosphere was really good today. Nice to see so many after the game hanging around for a beer as well.
Well playing well and winning helps!
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:30 pm

After seeing Haller 3 times now, he looks better than I thought, and I thought he was pretty damn good to start with. The link up play, hold up play, passing, vision, finishing, positioning. If he was lightning quick he'd be up there with the likes of Mbappe.
As it stands he looks good enough for just about any club side in the world that fancies a top class number 9. After 3 games £45m looks an absolute bargain.
Not since the 1980s have I seen a striker play for West Ham who looks like a goal a game player. Not Ashton, not a fit AC, not PDC, not Defoe, not Kanoute. Haller looks like that player though.

Where's an excited wanking emoticon when you need one?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:27 pm

My fav part of the day was our captain getting a proper ovation coming off....loved that.

A very good day especially the 2nd half.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Best I’ve seen us play in a long time their keeper kept the score down from a drubbing
2-0 flattered the bumpkins.
1 x

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:16 pm

MOTD

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/201 ... st-week-4/

our game starts at 50mins

55.34 is the Haller penno...FFS how much more clear cut did the cunt ref want it to be..ten times out of ten refs would give it except that cunt...pundits also say penno...
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 am
If any more tips on how to become really popular with Skybet are wanted I'm sure there'll be several similar Posts this season :cry:
Sadly I had no faith in our defence and only stuck a couple of quid on! :roll:
Attachments
20190831_164453.jpg
20190831_164453.jpg (101.74 KiB) Viewed 472 times
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:46 pm

hd1 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 am
If any more tips on how to become really popular with Skybet are wanted I'm sure there'll be several similar Posts this season :cry:
Sadly I had no faith in our defence and only stuck a couple of quid on! :roll:
A win is a win mate. Well done.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media