Season Ticket waiting list

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Season Ticket waiting list

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 am
I'm not too concerned about a bit of flannel about waiting lists.

It's marketing,isn't it? Pump up Demand.

Is anyone actually suffering? Do we know of anyone who cant get an S/T? I don't.
But isn't one of the rules of good marketing plausibility ?
Hmm..... we all recognise those stunning looking Big Mac’s in the adverts don’t we?
Actually being presented one in such form at the local Maccy D’s is about a plausible as a Modibo Maiga hat trick however.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 am

One thing I will say about all this marketing caper....before we moved, who else thought we'd sell out 50k season tickets after a few years without a change in our fortunes ?

Yes the pricing has helped hugely, but I'm personally amazed we have the levels of support at home that we do. Especially considering the large percentage of dross we've had to endure.

You read social media and you'd think we were Bury or Bolton...not the 2nd largest club in the country in terms of STHs and attendances.
1 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am

Rumford wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 am
One thing I will say about all this marketing caper....before we moved, who else thought we'd sell out 50k season tickets after a few years without a change in our fortunes ?

Yes the pricing has helped hugely, but I'm personally amazed we have the levels of support at home that we do. Especially considering the large percentage of dross we've had to endure.

You read social media and you'd think we were Bury or Bolton...not the 2nd largest club in the country in terms of STHs and attendances.
100% Biased here of course... :lol:
But the Irons support has always fascinated me...when we have the same level of support,prob
moreso than The Cheats ,Arse and Spuds..They regularly win things...Championships,Cups,CLs,
and Euro Qualis...well apart from Spuds... :lol:
Us Recently.. Nothing ,Zilch,Nada...
They have much much more Media focus,have their pick of star players,who will always pick
one of those over us,in a straight fight.
We shouldn't be able to live with them,you'd think we'd be Like a QPR,a Fulham...Charlton
Palace Maybe...

It Def Stems from the East End Culture,Socially,Family...stick together,help each other out,type
of thing,been around for a hundred years plus....it's good to see that in the Main,the club are
keeping that going.....I say the club but I mean us lot,the fans.Cos it's not been kept going
by any owners,that I can recall...one side of things that has always let the club down,which
makes our support all the more amazing.

Cos the actual area/environment is changing shitloads..

Just hope we learnt from the Burnley crap from couple years ago...not to go there again,
not the guys on the pitch....the fact that West Ham were prepared to "Have a go" at West Ham..
Never Again....
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm

But isn't one of the rules of good marketing plausibility ?
Hmm..... we all recognise those stunning looking Big Mac’s in the adverts don’t we?
Actually being presented one in such form at the local Maccy D’s is about a plausible as a Modibo Maiga hat trick however.
There's a subtle difference between marketing and advertising Tone, as no doubt you well know. The exercise of marketing is to test and assess the potential market for a product, some would say to establish the gullibility levels of the population at large. The succulent looking Big Mac pictures are then aimed at the target audience the marketing gurus have identified. ;)

But back to ST's. The waiting list theory would carry more weight with me if every time I watch us on the box I didn't see large numbers of empty seats at most matches. And before anyone kicks off I said MOST matches. Also if you look at the company accounts the stated revenue from ticket sales doesn't equate to sell outs over 19 league games.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am

There's a subtle difference between marketing and advertising Tone, as no doubt you well know. The exercise of marketing is to test and assess the potential market for a product, some would say to establish the gullibility levels of the population at large. The succulent looking Big Mac pictures are then aimed at the target audience the marketing gurus have identified. ;)

But back to ST's. The waiting list theory would carry more weight with me if every time I watch us on the box I didn't see large numbers of empty seats at most matches. And before anyone kicks off I said MOST matches. Also if you look at the company accounts the stated revenue from ticket sales doesn't equate to sell outs over 19 league games.
Certainly agree re: the club’s version of the numbers on the waiting list. They don’t add up.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:19 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Certainly agree re: the club’s version of the numbers on the waiting list. They don’t add up.
Neither do the actual numbers through the turnstiles on match days either
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:19 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm

But those aren't published are they ? The attendance figure is based on tickets actually sold, including season tickets, whether or not the person holding that ticket actually turns up, isn't it ?

I don't see any advantage in publishing figures that are actually higher than the true attendance. If the figures were kept low I could perhaps understand there was some sort of taxation scam but over stating the attendance makes no commercial sense whatsoever.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:19 pm

But those aren't published are they ? The attendance figure is based on tickets actually sold, including season tickets, whether or not the person holding that ticket actually turns up, isn't it ?

I don't see any advantage in publishing figures that are actually higher than the true attendance. If the figures were kept low I could perhaps understand there was some sort of taxation scam but over stating the attendance makes no commercial sense whatsoever.
That’s right .

Full house every week and 50,000 waiting list.
A truly big club .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 am

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm

That’s right .

A truly big club .
Surely you're not suggesting our beloved benefactor is massaging the figures in a cynical attempt to inflate the value of the club we know he has loved and cherished all his life ? If you are then shame on you. Do you not realise that he and his octogenarian bosom buddy saved the club from certain extinction ? Show some gratitude you ungrateful swine. :o
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 am
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 am

That’s right .

A truly big club .
Surely you're not suggesting our beloved benefactor is massaging the figures in a cynical attempt to inflate the value of the club we know he has loved and cherished all his life ? If you are then shame on you. Do you not realise that he and his octogenarian bosom buddy saved the club from certain extinction ? Show some gratitude you ungrateful swine. :o
Asif :lol:

Well if we can see through the Bull and fans of every other London club can see through the shit (after all we are the laughing stock of the PL especially in London) then who believes the Bullshit ?
0 x

Social Media