Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by Newmarket » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm
What it all boils down to is the fact that the £30 million spend the shysters said we had available before the transfer window opened isn't to far off the mark. As Newms said, they've also reduced the wage bill by a shed load in the process. In fact when you tot it all up they've probably come out quids in.
Yes, we are a better side? Well probably but I'd put that down to the managers 2nd season syndrome, he's seen what needed doing and signed good replacements, but couldn't go any further, let's not kid ourselves the glaring problem areas on the pitch are still there and those shysters weren't prepared to spend anymore to help him out. And they won't spend in January either, that's a fact.
He's taken a big gamble on us scoring more than we concede in most games, but we are only a couple of injuries away from struggling.
This season was a real chance to push on and try to break in to the top six, others are struggling. Will we do it? Well with a bit of luck maybe. Could we have done it, with a bit more investment? Absolutely imho, but the board have held us back.
In answer to you’re question from last night Terry .
This. What BB has said .

But I’ll throw a couple more thoughts into the mix.

Pinky and Perky have NEVER and WILL never back their manager in his second season ...

This time next year Pellegrini will be entering the final year of his contract .
Can you see those 2 cunts ploughing much needed funds into the squad then ?
Can you see Pellegrini being offered a new contract knowing he’ll expect financial backing ?
Would Pellegrini even want to continue ?

I know it’s possible to improve a squad with a low net spend , Pellegrini has done it.

But think about what COULD have been .
Think about what an extra 40-45 million invested in the squad could have achieved THIS season.

And make no mistake , the club have it but The Gruesome twosome would rather call in their interest dividends instead.

No Terry I’m not a fool but I’m not stupid either mate.

Edit to say I wrote this not having seen Whisky’s or BB’s latest contributions above and as you can see I agree with pretty much what they both said.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

terrya1965

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm
What it all boils down to is the fact that the £30 million spend the shysters said we had available before the transfer window opened isn't to far off the mark. As Newms said, they've also reduced the wage bill by a shed load in the process. In fact when you tot it all up they've probably come out quids in.
Yes, we are a better side? Well probably but I'd put that down to the managers 2nd season syndrome, he's seen what needed doing and signed good replacements, but couldn't go any further, let's not kid ourselves the glaring problem areas on the pitch are still there and those shysters weren't prepared to spend anymore to help him out. And they won't spend in January either, that's a fact.
He's taken a big gamble on us scoring more than we concede in most games, but we are only a couple of injuries away from struggling.
This season was a real chance to push on and try to break in to the top six, others are struggling. Will we do it? Well with a bit of luck maybe. Could we have done it, with a bit more investment? Absolutely imho, but the board have held us back.
This. What BB has said .

Pinky and Perky have NEVER and WILL never back their manager in his second season ...

This time next year Pellegrini will be entering the final year of his contract .
Can you see Pellegrini being offered a new contract knowing he’ll expect financial backing ?

I know it’s possible to improve a squad with a low net spend , Pellegrini has done it.

Think about what an extra 40-45 million invested in the squad could have achieved THIS season.

And make no mistake , the club have it but The Gruesome twosome would rather call in their interest dividends instead.

Edit to say I wrote this not having seen Whisky’s or BB’s latest contributions above and as you can see I agree with pretty much what they both said.
IMO,I think Sullivan was looking for the right manager and in Pellegrini,they found him.I don't think they trusted any of the others with big money.

Let`s be honest here,G & S aren't oil barons,so we are never going to live with likes of City,so we have to be realistic.

You could be right about what will happen next season,we will just have to wait and see.Until then,I will enjoy the entertainment Tim.I was brought up on that,like yourself under Greenwood & Lyall.I'm quite content atm with the football after some of the shite we had to watch before MP arrived.Until Mr Trillionaire comes along,we will never complete with the elite,I'm afraid.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:44 pm

HamstasParadise wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Most of our fans could have predicted Dyer, given his injury history, would flop and most of us also saw that Carroll was a disaster waiting to happen. At least Husillos is bringing in players with the right age profile which is a start. Hopefully next summer will put further building blocks in place.
Many people were concerned Jack W might be in the same bracket before he signed.... we all hope they were wrong, but the signs haven’t been great so far I’m sorry to say. He at least has more quality than the two above and isn’t over the hill age wise so hope remains.
Agreed. I know his salary is probably high but at least there was no fee involved for his services unlike the other 2.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:55 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Newmarket wrote:

This. What BB has said .

IMO,I think Sullivan was looking for the right manager and in Pellegrini,they found him.I don't think they trusted any of the others with big money.

Let`s be honest here,G & S aren't oil barons,so we are never going to live with likes of City,so we have to be realistic.

You could be right about what will happen next season,we will just have to wait and see.Until then,I will enjoy the entertainment Tim.I was brought up on that,like yourself under Greenwood & Lyall.I'm quite content atm with the football after some of the shite we had to watch before MP arrived.Until Mr Trillionaire comes along,we will never complete with the elite,I'm afraid.
I agree with your comments about the entertainment matey .
It’s what the game is supposed to be about after all and anybody disagreeing with that really would be a fool .

But I’m going to disagree with your Oil Baron comment Tel.
Nobody expects them to plough their own personal fortunes into the clubs transfer budget (though that would be nice)....just the clubs money .

Club money within the ffp constraints . The ffp constraints which they cannot use as an excuse now because they have halved the wage bill and only spent 20 something million out of HOW much TV income plus other income ?

No . In the new year they will be trousering their interest divi’s when part or all of it could have been deferred and invested into our problem positions at Full back and central midfield (and now imo striker as well thanks to flogging Hernandez knowing they can’t replace him).

Yes it’s great to watch . Christ , nobody detested the Cuntosaurus or the way the Messiah plays the game more than me .
With me it’s always going to be about what COULD be achieved with an owner prepared to invest in the team where it’s required.
Pellegrini is a gentleman and would probably never say publicly . but I bet he’s privately fuming at those two greedy self serving Cunts.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:05 am

Newmarket wrote:

Aren’t they one and the same? ;)
1 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:31 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

This. What BB has said .

Pellegrini seems to want our first team players to be high quality so instead of spending 10Mill on a MF and 10 on a couple of FBs, he seems to address a position by spending big on it now. You get what you pay for as we are seeing with Haller and Anderson, We sign a 35M+ box to box Midfielder and a decent FB next summer and we will be in decent shape for a top 6 finish. Jan is pointless and you cant do these things in 1 or 2 Summers, it takes time....it even took City a few years.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:29 pm

h69 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:31 am
terrya1965 wrote:

Pellegrini seems to want our first team players to be high quality so instead of spending 10Mill on a MF and 10 on a couple of FBs, he seems to address a position by spending big on it now. You get what you pay for as we are seeing with Haller and Anderson, We sign a 35M+ box to box Midfielder and a decent FB next summer and we will be in decent shape for a top 6 finish. Jan is pointless and you cant do these things in 1 or 2 Summers, it takes time....it even took City a few years.
In fairness to City when the Sheikh took over the club they were labouring under the somewhat less than inspired management of Mark Hughes. He did sign Vincent Kompany and Pablo Zabaleta who gave the club excellent service but, boy, they did have to clear out some crap after they sacked him.

My favourite is Joleon Lescott. Wtf was all that about ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:55 pm
terrya1965 wrote:

I agree with your comments about the entertainment matey .
It’s what the game is supposed to be about after all and anybody disagreeing with that really would be a fool .
Can you remember your schooldays when you were given essays to write about stuff like To Travel Hopefully Is Better Than To Arrive ?

You do ? Well how about To Entertain Is More Important Than To Win. Discuss. ;)
0 x

Social Media