KUMB banned

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Re: KUMB banned

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:21 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:31 am
Mikeveep wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:53 pm
Hey Oz and oz, you are able to get a full TV service out there of all Prem matches and the ability to "catch up"if the midnight kick offs are too late for you... Never mind being a million miles away....you have it better than most of us :)
We are?
Is that not correct?

My new son in law in Brisbane has an Ap on that comes with his Phone/internet package that alllows him full access on TV to all those goodies. Watched both away games when I was there last month.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:21 pm
OZHAMMER wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:31 am

We are?
Is that not correct?

My new son in law in Brisbane has an Ap on that comes with his Phone/internet package that alllows him full access on TV to all those goodies. Watched both away games when I was there last month.
He's obviously got an account with Optus who show all the Premier League over here...You gotta pay for it though...
0 x

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:46 am

Oziron wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Is that not correct?

He's obviously got an account with Optus who show all the Premier League over here...You gotta pay for it though...
I couldn’t justify the $15/month to get it put on... but I’m happy to pay the $20/week for the family gym membership which hasn’t been used in 12 months :oops:

A bloke’s an idiot. Should just bite the bullet...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:46 am
Oziron wrote:

I couldn’t justify the $15/month to get it put on... but I’m happy to pay the $20/week for the family gym membership which hasn’t been used in 12 months :oops:

Now I'm fucking envious. $15 a month is just over £8. Be interested to know if you get access to all the games or whether it's the same as here where the broadcaster chooses which ones to show.

I pay £97.75, roughly $175 AUD, a month for the full sports package (Sky & BT) plus my broadband connection. As you probably know we get the matches which are chosen for us, apart from the European games where there is the "red button" facility to choose which one you want. If we want to watch a 15.00 Saturday kick off match we have to use all sorts of dodgy tricks with VPNs and such to watch the games on the Be-In Sports channel.

As for your gym membership I am, regrettably, unable to compare costs as the thought of paying out my hard earned to put myself through some tortuous physical exertion is enough to build up a desire to slake my thirst with a couple of pints of San Miguel down at my local. The cost of which would amount to roughly the equivalent of what you would pay for a whole month's televised footy.

You cunt. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am
OZHAMMER wrote:

Now I'm fucking envious. $15 a month is just over £8. Be interested to know if you get access to all the games or whether it's the same as here where the broadcaster chooses which ones to show.

I pay £97.75, roughly $175 AUD, a month for the full sports package (Sky & BT) plus my broadband connection. As you probably know we get the matches which are chosen for us, apart from the European games where there is the "red button" facility to choose which one you want. If we want to watch a 15.00 Saturday kick off match we have to use all sorts of dodgy tricks with VPNs and such to watch the games on the Be-In Sports channel.

As for your gym membership I am, regrettably, unable to compare costs as the thought of paying out my hard earned to put myself through some tortuous physical exertion is enough to build up a desire to slake my thirst with a couple of pints of San Miguel down at my local. The cost of which would amount to roughly the equivalent of what you would pay for a whole month's televised footy.

You cunt. ;)
The main difference being that most games are on between midnight and 4am oz time. I’d only get up for a Hammers game, meaning I’d only see three or four games a month.

You’d probably watch three or four games a weekend.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am

You cunt. ;)
The main difference being that most games are on between midnight and 4am oz time. I’d only get up for a Hammers game, meaning I’d only see three or four games a month.

What I do if I'm out when a game kicks off, such as a Sunday when I'm running my Under 16's and they've got an afternoon k.o., is set up my system to record the game if it's one I want to watch. Then I can watch it the same as if I was watching it live. Number of games I watch depends on what ones are showing. This weekend the red scousers are on at mid day and Man City is the early evening game on Saturday so I'll watch both.

Don't know what Aussie TV is like mate but the crap they put on over here, with the odd exception, is fucking garbage or repeats, Tbh if it wasn't for the sports and the occasional movie I doubt if I'd watch more than a couple of hours a week.

Do you have access to all the games or do you only get the particular game the broadcaster wants to show ?
Last edited by Whiskyman on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am
OZHAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 am

What I do if I'm out when a game kicks off, such as a Sunday when I'm running my Under 16's and they've got an afternoon k.o., is set up my system to record the game if it's one I want to watch. Then I can watch it the same as if I was watching it live.

Do you have access to all the games or do you only get the particular game the broadcaster wants to show ?
I assume you have access to all of them.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

What I do if I'm out when a game kicks off, such as a Sunday when I'm running my Under 16's and they've got an afternoon k.o., is set up my system to record the game if it's one I want to watch. Then I can watch it the same as if I was watching it live.

No mate. That's one of my gripes. If we play at 15.00 the only way I can watch it is by getting it via my "Kodi" set up and a VPN. The only games we can watch here legally are the ones Sky/BT decide to broadcast. There are ways of getting the other games but it's technically "streaming piracy". Which if you think about it is fucking stupid because we aren't depriving Sky/BT/Virgin any revenue by watching a game they're not fucking showing here anyway.
0 x

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am
OZHAMMER wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:00 am

No mate. That's one of my gripes. If we play at 15.00 the only way I can watch it is by getting it via my "Kodi" set up and a VPN. The only games we can watch here legally are the ones Sky/BT decide to broadcast. There are ways of getting the other games but it's technically "streaming piracy". Which if you think about it is fucking stupid because we aren't depriving Sky/BT/Virgin any revenue by watching a game they're not fucking showing here anyway.
I wasn’t clear. By ‘you’, I meant Optus subscribers.

“I assume anyone that has an Optus subscription has access to all games.”
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:06 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Oziron wrote:

How does that gym membership stack up against the beer budget Oz? :)
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media