Our boy.

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Our boy.

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:48 pm

It seems to me that modern pundits and anyone under 40 with a twitter account doesn't really have a clue as to what a DM actually is and what they are in the side to do.

I thought Rice was exemplary - he's not in the side to be flashy, he's in it to do the ugly stuff and he did it with aplomb yesterday.

I saw a tweet yesterday asking why Rice was starting ahead of Maddison! That there just summed up the ignorance of some people. I tend to ignore the haters as 99% of them haven't got a single clue as to what they're going on about.

I don't seem to recall anyone slating Busquets or Claude Makélélé for doing EXACTLY the same thing Rice does.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:06 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:34 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 pm
So England win 4-0 against shite opposition and our boy Declan gets slated!
He was no worse than some others but by no means as bad as the pundits made him out to be. Some of the biased opinions from these pundits in the past leave a lot to be desired, but fuck me, let's all single out the West Ham fella, fuck off you bunch of cunts. We see it week in week out in our colours, at his worst he's a 7/10 at his very best he's a 10, no question.
The way he was singled out today by the itv pundits was unnecessary and out of order imo.
If you can't say anything nice, then keep your trap shut!!

Rant over.
The back four were pathetic and didn’t deserve a clean sheet.
Slate fucking slab-head Macguire, he was pants.
Not sure Maguire was tested but I thought Trippier was awful.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Hardly surprising this happened, the press and or pundits have to make everything about them. Rice had a solid game, just plays for the wrong team, if he played for the victims he would of been the best player on the pitch.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Rice does have an offensive game. Unfortunately he has a primary job and that is to protect the back 4.. At his young age i would deffo like to see him make them crossfield passes more often and go on a run if manager allows.
I know Pellegrini has urged him forward more and more. Mind you Pellegrini urges everyone to get forward more lol
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 am

to coin a phrase, ' he does what it says on the tin' , nowt flashy but quietly efficient...frankly not unhappy that no one rates him, gives us a better chance of retaining his services.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 am

I didn’t see the game , I can’t stomach watching England even when one of ours is playing .

In case you haven’t seen it ....

There are so many “fans” out there today that just don’t understand what a defensive midfielder IS and does.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

grandad

Post by grandad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 am
to coin a phrase, ' he does what it says on the tin' , nowt flashy but quietly efficient...frankly not unhappy that no one rates him, gives us a better chance of retaining his services.

spot on mate

get ball play the pass be ready in space to get said pass back if needed ....... pass and move and what he does for England is exactly what Southgate wants

he will be a England regular for years playing that game and not score that many goals either

I don't normally watch England but did this one to see him and what he did ( on catch up not live I might add )
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am

You have to have a very special temperament to do the unsung job he does, I think back to Pikey and Neil Orr for instance, and to be where he should be positional wise is a huge skill much underated by fans but loved by fellow players.

Luckily he plays for us...and our supporters appreciate Desmond for his team ethic and professionalism.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:15 am

I think we are becoming a club that’s despised which I love.
Pundits are unemployed ex players whos views are irrelevant.
Poncing a living really.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:42 am

Newmarket wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 am
I didn’t see the game , I can’t stomach watching England even when one of ours is playing .

In case you haven’t seen it ....

There are so many “fans” out there today that just don’t understand what a defensive midfielder IS and does.
Great vid Mr Gonz...absolutely nailed it.

I Get Some fans...who can love their club passionately,but don't really "get" the game,indeed
met some Irons fans who couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards with a beach ball.... :lol:
but love the club as much as anyone.
I get the Slagging off from other clubs fans...part and parcel,water of a ducks back..
Declan will be reading some of the crap going round..and laugh it off...it's funny..

What I don't get is so called experts...not getting it and understanding,whats going on with
Rice,Kris summed it up perfectly ,no need for me to....
Learning curve for him stepping up from an under 23 CH to a PL Midfielder,now a Learning
curve Internationally from one of the best around to learn from..

Time will tell weather he stays in the role he plays for us and England or he evolves into a
more Box to Boxer....Henderson style..who IMO is another cracking player to learn from..
0 x

Social Media