Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Hammertime » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm

I think people are overlooking Yarma's industry in the first time, won the ball several times that started our attacks. I've never seen him play that far back in the midfield and was impressed with his break-up play. Not what we signed him for but the bloke put in a shift.

If the cunt ref is going to be cunt, at least be a consistent cunt. If Arthur's 2nd yellow was a foul, so was Fredericks penalty shout. Can't believe there's all this chat about VAR and we still have Mike Dean as a prem ref, cart before the proverbial horse.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Hammertime wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm
I think people are overlooking Yarma's industry in the first time, won the ball several times that started our attacks. I've never seen him play that far back in the midfield and was impressed with his break-up play. Not what we signed him for but the bloke put in a shift.

If the cunt ref is going to be cunt, at least be a consistent cunt. If Arthur's 2nd yellow was a foul, so was Fredericks penalty shout. Can't believe there's all this chat about VAR and we still have Mike Dean as a prem ref, cart before the proverbial horse.
Yep, a very strange match, Anderson was the same the other side, very deep defending, won a fair few of his tackles but was too far back when we needed the counter.....all in all I will accept the point.....this was definitely the type of match we would of lost in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Man U at home next......and they have to play Thursday night....that helps..... ;)
0 x

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:53 am

aklhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Years of supporting this club have told me one thing. Games where we feel we ought to win , when the pressure of being near the foot of the table is off, and we have a bit of form, and confidence, going into the game, we inevitably cock it up big time. All about dreams fading and dying.

A 1-3 loss I'm afraid. Please prove me wrong you cunts. ;)
100%. This is the post of someone who has shared my pain. I'm weirdly optimistic we might get a point though, even if we play bad. Three points would be paradise.

I knew we would flatter to deceive. The direction we are heading is definitely positive, but someone needs to inject some confidence and arrogance into our frontline. The excitement of buying $25-40 valued players tends to lead to some expectation of talent in the goalscoring stakes, but this lot just hasn't quite got going yet. Felt we really missed Antonio today. Everyone's freaking out about Cresswell vs Man Utd next week, but I think if we can outclass those wankers it might ratchet things up a notch, we need it. Its there for the taking, like it was today, if our players can step up and earn this ridiculous money they get paid. I think we will come good, but even with 8 points on the board, feels like we are struggling in the lower gears still.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am

Am I alone in thinking Arthur deserved the red ?

Not for the foul itself as although there was contact, the raghead made a big meal of it. But for the sheer stupidity of putting himself in that position. On a yellow you stand off. Basic stuff. Although Mike Dean is a cunt of a man and thinks every foul is a card. Each game is all about him.

Ironically we played better with 10.

I was a bit disappointed in Haller tbh and I don't see what MP sees in Yarmo. A great left foot but lacks the touch required. I thought Fornals did ok. Shame about the late chance.

But as was said last night. A point away with a man down ? The only time I'd agree with Shrek. Respect it.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:02 am

A lot of observations from last nights , I’ll give my top 4
1. Rice is the best player in the league in his position , was outstanding last night
2. Not a single corner, cross, free kick was effective, I would say pretty woeful in fact.
3. Without Antonio we don’t have a single game changer on the bench, we have replacements but no one with anything different.
4. Unbeaten since opening day and 2 points off 3rd...fuck yes I would have taken that.
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:02 am
1. Rice is the best player in the league in his position , was outstanding last night
2. Not a single corner, cross, free kick was effective, I would say pretty woeful in fact.
3. Without Antonio we don’t have a single game changer on the bench, we have replacements but no one with anything different.
4. Unbeaten since opening day and 2 points off 3rd...fuck yes I would have taken that.
I would like an explanation as to why were hell bent on having a touch and a stop at free kicks. what does it improve? half a meter? just hit the dead ball its less room for error.
1 x

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:55 am

thomasswe wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 am
brookingslovechild wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:02 am
I would like an explanation as to why were hell bent on having a touch and a stop at free kicks. what does it improve? half a meter? just hit the dead ball its less room for error.
We splurge out on a new front man who has all the characteristics of someone who can get on the end of a cross, and then we do these god awful set pieces that go sideways and backwards, does my fucking nut.
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 am

Hammertime wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm
Can't believe there's all this chat about VAR and we still have Mike Dean as a prem ref, cart before the proverbial horse.
Absolutely. VAR needs to be ‘part of’ a complete overhaul.
New people with modern attitudes towards technology need to be brought in, not these narcissistic old dinosaurs.
You can have a blind man drive an old Lada or a shiny new Audi....... either car will still end up a write off.

Unbelievable how Dean is still a top-level referee.
He’s a comedy caricature of everything that’s bad about football officiating.
The game is moving on in every department except officials. Even The F.A have sleepwalked into the 21st century and are finally realising that to progress you need progressive people.

But the set up for officials is still in the last century.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 am

Take a point away from home. All the chat about going 3rd or even equal 2nd, no good for us.
The only way is down this early in the season. :)
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am
Am I alone in thinking Arthur deserved the red ?

Not for the foul itself as although there was contact, the raghead made a big meal of it. But for the sheer stupidity of putting himself in that position. On a yellow you stand off. Basic stuff. Although Mike Dean is a cunt of a man and thinks every foul is a card. Each game is all about him.

Ironically we played better with 10.

I was a bit disappointed in Haller tbh and I don't see what MP sees in Yarmo. A great left foot but lacks the touch required. I thought Fornals did ok. Shame about the late chance.

But as was said last night. A point away with a man down ? The only time I'd agree with Shrek. Respect it.
Tbh I thought Masuaku was unfortunate. Barely even a foul imo, maybe a slight touch but little else. I thought Noble was more deserving of a second yellow for his blatant dive in the first half.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Haller. He had absolutely no help from our midfield who were, collectively, pretty impotent. A single striker needs to be supported by the midfield otherwise he becomes ineffective, which is exactly what happened last night.

Villa are no great shakes and with a better performance we could have won it. But for the 3/4 of the game we played 11 v 11 we created pretty much fuck all which was a massive disappointment in my book.

And Yarmolenko did have our only fucking shot on target in those first 67 minutes. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media