Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:36 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 am
palerider wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am
Am I alone in thinking Arthur deserved the red ?

Not for the foul itself as although there was contact, the raghead made a big meal of it. But for the sheer stupidity of putting himself in that position. On a yellow you stand off. Basic stuff. Although Mike Dean is a cunt of a man and thinks every foul is a card. Each game is all about him.

Ironically we played better with 10.

I was a bit disappointed in Haller tbh and I don't see what MP sees in Yarmo. A great left foot but lacks the touch required. I thought Fornals did ok. Shame about the late chance.

But as was said last night. A point away with a man down ? The only time I'd agree with Shrek. Respect it.
Tbh I thought Masuaku was unfortunate. Barely even a foul imo, maybe a slight touch but little else. I thought Noble was more deserving of a second yellow for his blatant dive in the first half.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Haller. He had absolutely no help from our midfield who were, collectively, pretty impotent. A single striker needs to be supported by the midfield otherwise he becomes ineffective, which is exactly what happened last night.

Villa are no great shakes and with a better performance we could have won it. But for the 3/4 of the game we played 11 v 11 we created pretty much fuck all which was a massive disappointment in my book.

And Yarmolenko did have our only fucking shot on target in those first 67 minutes. ;)
I thought it was Noble who had the shot.

Pretty much agree with all of that but I still maintain that Haller looked off the pace. And much as I like Anderson, he was at his frustrating best. I concur that attacking-wise we lacked the necessary guile.

On the plus side, Rice and Diop were outstanding.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:05 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:10 pm
dagenhamdave wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:07 pm
A good point all things considered, especially with the worst ref in the PL, cunt of a bloke.
Shocked that he’s never been glassed in a pub or had the shit kicked out of him while out shopping, he’s pissed so many thousands of people off over the years. Can’t believe he hasn’t ran into one nutter
funnily enough i see him quite regularly on a golf society im in, plays with another prem ref whos name escapes me, just never thought it was the done thing doff him in the nuts in the carpark :D . strangely doesnt seem to get any grief from anyone. Maybe i need to reconsider my measured response :D
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 am

"Glassed in a pub" fucking hell

Thought we were shite. Yarmelenko is fucking awful, closely matched by Villa's Westley.

Anderson must have been told not too take anybody on. Haller looked slow and cumbersome

And for me, I would have Fornals in over Lanzini, looks to have far more about him
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am

jameskel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 am
"Glassed in a pub" fucking hell

Thought we were shite. Yarmelenko is fucking awful, closely matched by Villa's Westley.

Anderson must have been told not too take anybody on. Haller looked slow and cumbersome

And for me, I would have Fornals in over Lanzini, looks to have far more about him
J, would agree about yarmo, haller is not quick and i suspect will score more goals in the area (if given any proper bloody service) he will also set up more chances than he scores, he doesnt seem selfish enough as a striker.
Disagree about Lanzini thought he played alright last night and still one of our most creative players. Fornals will get his chance just not sure he's the gamechanger we need like antonio is. the game was crying out for diangana or similar as we do lack pace up top. Will need all of em to be on their game sunday, utd arent great but have good quality and speed where it matters.
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:47 am

Good point re Haller, if we are playing him, then we have to cross the ball
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

Disappointed,but not seriously unhappy,we're slowly becoming a bit harder to beat than we have been,
a better balance to the side,but to me there's so much more to come.

Funny how we see a different game....thought Arthur played OK,was working hard,but for some reason
much as I love him,Anderson just wasn't on it last night,but in saying that their link up play was way
better than the other side....Yarmo and Fred need to go out for a beer and get to know each other... :lol:
cos nothing happening that side.

Defence was OK ...MF and by MF I mean Nobes,Rice,Lanza,was the best part of our game,up front
was weak...
We play a 4-3-3....however you wanna disguise that, as a 4-1-4-1 as it was last night,we have 4 defenders
3 MFers and 3 Forward players...
Yarmo/Mickey/Anderson play to far forward and wide to be recognised as MFers..IMO..
Prob we have at moment,because 2 of our 3 forwards play as wingers,that isolates Haller,time and time,
he was having to take players on cos no one within 15/20 yards of him,either that or knock it
20 yards backwards...
Red Scouse play similar system as us....look how close Sane,Salah,and Firmino are to each other,
cos Salah and Sane move infield more,and don't hog the touchline like ours do,the fullbacks become
the wingers....that's what makes them so potent and dangerous,you've got 5 coming at you.

We've got everything in place to be a really good side here,keep the injuries down, it'll come
and we'll have a great season..

Like the way dean books players nice and early....so can send someone of for an innocuous
challenge,when he fancies it .. ;) fuck is wrong with that bloke...
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 am

Villa defended like their lives depended on it.

I know many dislike John Terry,but it`s got his hallmark written all over it.

I found quite amazing though,that Smith and Grealish thought they out played us? :shock: We did have more possession and goal attempts,but they probably had the clearer chances.I also thought Fredericks and Fornals messed up in the last 2 minutes,that could and should have won us the game.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am
Disappointed,but not seriously unhappy,we're slowly becoming a bit harder to beat than we have been,
a better balance to the side,but to me there's so much more to come.

Funny how we see a different game....thought Arthur played OK,was working hard,but for some reason
much as I love him,Anderson just wasn't on it last night,but in saying that their link up play was way
better than the other side....Yarmo and Fred need to go out for a beer and get to know each other... :lol:
cos nothing happening that side.

Defence was OK ...MF and by MF I mean Nobes,Rice,Lanza,was the best part of our game,up front
was weak...
We play a 4-3-3....however you wanna disguise that, as a 4-1-4-1 as it was last night,we have 4 defenders
3 MFers and 3 Forward players...
Yarmo/Mickey/Anderson play to far forward and wide to be recognised as MFers..IMO..
Prob we have at moment,because 2 of our 3 forwards play as wingers,that isolates Haller,time and time,
he was having to take players on cos no one within 15/20 yards of him,either that or knock it
20 yards backwards...
Red Scouse play similar system as us....look how close Sane,Salah,and Firmino are to each other,
cos Salah and Sane move infield more,and don't hog the touchline like ours do,the fullbacks become
the wingers....that's what makes them so potent and dangerous,you've got 5 coming at you.

We've got everything in place to be a really good side here,keep the injuries down, it'll come
and we'll have a great season..

Like the way dean books players nice and early....so can send someone of for an innocuous
challenge,when he fancies it .. ;) fuck is wrong with that bloke...
Good post,but when did Sane sign for Liverpool,I must have missed that one? :lol:

You have made some good points though.
1 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 am

We didn't seem to get a lot wrong,but...

Our CB's distribution was a bit random,particularly the headers.

Lanzini's runs were starting too deep,switching with Noble was a worthy strategy,but Mark's passing was unusually below par.

The Masu/Anderson/Lanzini triangles on the left are too intricate and too demanding on their abilities. Zab showed how it should be.

It wont win him many friends, but I think Haller is right in studiedly refusing to chase lost causes, justified by him still having the energy to be in position for that 93rd minute chance.

Loved the game I was on the edge of my seat the whole 90 mins.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Is it black and did it cross your path?
Spooky, she is black and not exactly much company if I'm being objective...barely covers her own expenses
Pale and Brookbonds would probably come to some arrangement with you over that.....
0 x

Social Media