Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am

Opportunity missed there. We are on our game when Fabianski,Rice and Anderson are all on form. Anderson Monday night wasn't.

And Haller if he gets service will dispatch chances. In some ways the team is not engineered around it's best assets. We seem to hope that all the pieces will all blend together organically. Against Norwich that happened.

Hindsight is wonderful: but who wishes Yarmolenko was on loan at West Brom rather than Diangana ?

Special praise for Rice who blended his gifts with endeavour and gave one of those "this is how you earn your money" performances. And Jack Grealish showed similar attitude when he wasn't tripping over himself.

Can we put Man U to the sword at our distinguished entertainment arena ?...it's part of a Super Sunday Sky double bill and just to declare where I am...I think we can. Be nice to see those pundits chew on a wasp
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 am
BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Spooky, she is black and not exactly much company if I'm being objective...barely covers her own expenses
Pale and Brookbonds would probably come to some arrangement with you over that.....
I can't possibly think what you mean Mike.

:lol:
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am

Hindsight is wonderful: but who wishes Yarmolenko was on loan at West Brom rather than Diangana ?
Not me for one. Imo Diangana will benefit massively from a season in the championship and will hopefully leave the boy behind and come back a man, ready for the premier league. Agree that Yarmolenko was poor last night but, Rice being the exception, the entire midfield was non existent in an attacking, creative sense.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:55 am

Not me for one. Imo Diangana will benefit massively from a season in the championship and will hopefully leave the boy behind and come back a man, ready for the premier league. Agree that Yarmolenko was poor last night but, Rice being the exception, the entire midfield was non existent in an attacking, creative sense.
Wasn,t Yarmar away on international duty also? Whole of last season out and he never had a great pre -season. He needs 3 or 4 more games to get 100% fit for me. With Antonio fucked he is an auto starter over Fornals. Decent player Fornals but you can see the lack of experience in his choices sometimes.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am
mkhammer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am
Disappointed,but not seriously unhappy,we're slowly becoming a bit harder to beat than we have been,
a better balance to the side,but to me there's so much more to come.

Funny how we see a different game....thought Arthur played OK,was working hard,but for some reason
much as I love him,Anderson just wasn't on it last night,but in saying that their link up play was way
better than the other side....Yarmo and Fred need to go out for a beer and get to know each other... :lol:
cos nothing happening that side.

Defence was OK ...MF and by MF I mean Nobes,Rice,Lanza,was the best part of our game,up front
was weak...
We play a 4-3-3....however you wanna disguise that, as a 4-1-4-1 as it was last night,we have 4 defenders
3 MFers and 3 Forward players...
Yarmo/Mickey/Anderson play to far forward and wide to be recognised as MFers..IMO..
Prob we have at moment,because 2 of our 3 forwards play as wingers,that isolates Haller,time and time,
he was having to take players on cos no one within 15/20 yards of him,either that or knock it
20 yards backwards...
Red Scouse play similar system as us....look how close Sane,Salah,and Firmino are to each other,
cos Salah and Sane move infield more,and don't hog the touchline like ours do,the fullbacks become
the wingers....that's what makes them so potent and dangerous,you've got 5 coming at you.

We've got everything in place to be a really good side here,keep the injuries down, it'll come
and we'll have a great season..

Like the way dean books players nice and early....so can send someone of for an innocuous
challenge,when he fancies it .. ;) fuck is wrong with that bloke...
Good post,but when did Sane sign for Liverpool,I must have missed that one? :lol:

You have made some good points though.
:lol:
Done it twice as well... :oops:
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 am
BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Spooky, she is black and not exactly much company if I'm being objective...barely covers her own expenses
Pale and Brookbonds would probably come to some arrangement with you over that.....
I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:09 pm

Neither team did enough to win the game.

We didn't test their weak points which were their full backs, which was frustrating. I'd have personally bought on Snodders instead of Fornals to improve the set pieces which could have been huge in a tight game of few chances.

Officials were very poor, not unusual considering the idiot in charge.

Fairs dos to all those who travelled last night...right pain in the arse getting home. I didn't get in until after 2 🙄🙄
0 x

garnett

Post by garnett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:00 am

manager got it wrong again with subs, Wilshire should have come on at half time.

no flair no imagination, bored fucking shitless if im honest, our keeper and their shit striker (thank fuck) won us a point.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:22 am

garnett wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:00 am
manager got it wrong again with subs, Wilshire should have come on at half time.

no flair no imagination, bored fucking shitless if im honest, our keeper and their shit striker (thank fuck) won us a point.
Agree, Wilshire should have been introduced.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:21 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:22 am
garnett wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:00 am

Agree, Wilshire should have been introduced.
Don't think that would have made much difference tbh. Problem wasn't the personnel but the fact the midfield didn't lend any support to Haller. Whether that was a tactical instruction or not , fuck knows, but it certainly made for a pretty sterile match. Anderson & Lanzini are potential match winners but neither showed any imagination in offensive situations.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media