West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Following our good performance against Villa, except the ref which I don't want to mention as he is very shameful person and hopefully NEVER to ref us again this season.

Masuaku will be suspended against Man Utd so IF I were Pellegrini, I would put Ben Johnson than Cresswell as Cresswell is out of form and not up to scratch. A BIG warning to Yarmolenko and Anderson whom both made me very annoyed with their slopping passing and should provide more crosses than passing the ball back to our back yard as I feel, especially Anderson, look afriad or don't know what to do with the ball, even in acre of spaces, he never kept the ball and quickly pass back to the back yard which I do NOT like. Need to do better.

Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Rice
Noble

Yarmolenko
Lanzini
Anderson

Haller

Come On You Irons whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
3 x

andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 am

I always look forward to this game, as we are capable of beating them. They have a game on Thursday night so hopefully they will be fatigued.
I certainly would like to see Ben Johnson in there as well, but he hasn't been included in either the first team or u23 squads for the last few weeks, has he got a problem?
As for Anderson, I thought he did well Saturday, defensively, as for taking people on it seemed to me that both he and Yammy were under instruction to keep possession rather than take on players which as we saw stifles the type of player Anderson is. Lets see how he does against Manu.
Only change I can see will be Johnson (hopefully) or Cresswell in for Arthur. Hopefully we will see a little bit more of Fornals on Sunday, bring him on for Noble after 60 mins when we are 4-0 up...... ;)
Only negative it seems that it won't be live here so its going to have to be a dodgy stream..... :(
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 am

They won't be at all fatigued. They have a home match against the mighty Astana of Kazakhstan and I can see them fielding basically a second string in that match.

Of course we are capable of beating them, as we did last season. But let's face it, we'll have to play a lot better than we did on Monday if we are to do so. Man United aren't anything like the team they once were but they're a heck of a lot better than Aston Villa. We're still very much a work in progress. We're getting there imo but there's still some way to go. Playing badly and getting a point Monday was a good sign in my book though. As others have said we'd probably have lost that game last season.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:34 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 am
They won't be at all fatigued. They have a home match against the mighty Astana of Kazakhstan and I can see them fielding basically a second string in that match.

Of course we are capable of beating them, as we did last season. But let's face it, we'll have to play a lot better than we did on Monday if we are to do so. Man United aren't anything like the team they once were but they're a heck of a lot better than Aston Villa. We're still very much a work in progress. We're getting there imo but there's still some way to go. Playing badly and getting a point Monday was a good sign in my book though. As others have said we'd probably have lost that game last season.
Manu have to qualify for the knockout stages, the only chance they have of qualifying for the CL is to win this cup. By playing a second string team they have a chance of dropping points early on. I am just hoping they play a fairly decent team on Thursday from a purely selfish reason...... ;)
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:17 am

Whilshire with Noble and Rice for me. Yarma benched. Cress in for Arthur. Lanzini farther forward in front of them 3 as a no.10
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:15 am

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:17 am
Whilshire with Noble and Rice for me. Yarma benched. Cress in for Arthur. Lanzini farther forward in front of them 3 as a no.10
Why has WHILSHIRE become the new TOMPKINS ? ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 am

Fabianski
Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
Rice, Noble, Wilshere
Lanzini, Anderson
Haller

Suppose the question is Johnson or Cresswell at LB.

Thought Yarmolenko was very quiet on Monday, so I'd have either Wilshere or Formals in for him. Fornals really needs some confidence.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am

Pelle does seem to give a player lots of chances, so I expect Yarmo to still be there. Maybe The Snod on for him at half time.

And I agree Lanzini to play further up.

And Anderson rarely gets into that second striker position when the ball is on the opposing flank. That needs to be addressed.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:24 am

just about the biggest game of the season for me,half my extended family are utd fans, last season was wonderful. Their pace should frighten the life out of us and with cresswell back it will do. As others, would prefer johnson be given a run. Yarmo may be better as an impact sub with something to prove, so would put jack or fornals in.

Major problem getting more than one in the box the other night , anderson isnt a natural box player but at least get some crosses in for Haller he looks good in the air. And please someone take some bloody shots.

Albeit they arent utd of old they are still a top 6 side and (as against chavski) can gel if given the chance.

Another uncomfortable sunday afternoons viewing i fear. Would take a draw as our next 5-6 games are against teams around us.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am

Johnson for me at LB. The rest can stay the same.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Social Media