West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Post by IronsForever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:15 am
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:17 am
Whilshire with Noble and Rice for me. Yarma benched. Cress in for Arthur. Lanzini farther forward in front of them 3 as a no.10
Why has WHILSHIRE become the new TOMPKINS ? ;)
Against Utd i,d rather see Whilshire, Noble and Rice over Yarmar ( who isn,t offering much).
There is a new kid on the block for Utd. I was very impressed when i saw him play.Daniel James
This kid is a player!!
Last edited by IronsForever on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm

I fancy us to sneak this one.
Home form has drastically improved of late (excluding the standard collapses against Man City) and I think fans and players will be really up for it spurred on by the memories of last season’s fixture (almost a year to the day).
COYI
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:36 pm

would love to see Fornals in, instead of Lanzini

3-1 win
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Hoping for a performance like the one against Man U at home last season. The performance on Monday night was a bit flat and the team selection seemed to be one most would be happy with. Our right hand side looks particularly poor. Yarmalenko looking off the pace and pace is about the only thing Ryan Fredericks has. No Masuaku so it will likely be Cresswell or Johnson. We needn't fear this lot. Still big questions remain over our team as far as i'm concerned. The fullbacks defensively are not up to it. Ogbonna has played well but his next mistake is a case of when not if. On the other hand Haller, Rice and Lanzini look outstanding and Anderson is capable of being a match winner. We struggled to break Villa down but United will be more inclined to attack and we can exploit that. Hope Noble once again winds up the petulant child that is Paul Pogba. I'd probably be looking to play the same team save for putting Cresswell in at left back. See how Yarmalenko does first half, he needs games to get his fitness then we can decide if he can make the position his own. Don't want major changes, would like to see this lot get used to playing with each other and not sure we have better players to come in.

This lot do have pace in the side through James and Rashford so our defensive high line may cause some heart stopping moments. This lot have an inexperienced manager and are not the force they were and this one could go either way. Nevertheless we will need to be better than Monday to win this one.
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:24 pm

As long as West Ham backbone in Fabianski, Diop, Rice, Lanzini and Haller in squad, we can beat anybody, except Man City. It is the first time we had a very strong backbone in those 5 players that pushes us into the next level up with a strong manager in Pellegrini since the late 1990s in Hislop, Ferdinand, Foe, Lampard and Di Canio that resulted us 5th place finish.

COYI.....Time to dominate the PL top 10 whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:15 am

Why has WHILSHIRE become the new TOMPKINS ? ;)
Against Utd i,d rather see Whilshire, Noble and Rice over Yarmar ( who isn,t offering much).
There is a new kid on the block for Utd. I was very impressed when i saw him play.Daniel James
This kid is a player!!
Why is the Whilshire spelling so common, it's not remotely close in pronounciation either?
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 pm

thomasswe wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm

This kid is a player!!
Why is the Whilshire spelling so common, it's not remotely close in pronounciation either?
Few weeks time it won,t matter. He will pick up a 10 week injury.
Andy Carrol is recovering well and back in training after his latest surgery. Does anyone know how many surgeries he has had ?? Made me laugh when Bruce said " Andy is not far away from full fitness" ha ha ha . Carrol must be laughing his left bollock off. Hates the game and doesnt need to play it to get a shit load of dough. Just waits for some idiot who owns a club to buy him.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Completely different game than the one against villa, back to premiership style football instead of the scrappy newly promoted championship style game. Expect our midfield to produce more in attack, looking forward to more goals this time
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:51 pm

The thought of Cresswell playing is fucking scary.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am

I feel the same about Masuaku,

What a breath of fresh air to see Zab's urgency and awareness against Villa. He'll do a job for us in that position.
0 x

Social Media