West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:53 am

Mikeveep wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am
I feel the same about Masuaku,

What a breath of fresh air to see Zab's urgency and awareness against Villa. He'll do a job for us in that position.
Agree that Zabaleta will be a better option than Cresswell. Won't give us as much going forward as Masuaku but his experience and awareness gives him a massive edge over Cresswell imo.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 am

Zaba has been a fantastic player, love him but if he is up against Daniel James or Marcus Rashford, I don't think all his experience will counteract their pace, that said Cresswell has been poor and looks slow. The other option is Johnson who we all want to be the answer but the reality is we don't know, don't see Pellegrini fielding him but its possible. Hopefully James is injured cause he looks a decent prospect and would cause us problems whichever side he plays. We are definitely vulnerable down the flanks, we just don't have defensively good full backs which is worrying, particularly when in front of those fullbacks are Yarmalenko and Anderson who aren't fond of the defensive side of the game. Could he play Ogbonna left back and bring in the General?

Another thing is our set plays have been poor, this is something they need to work on. Would love to see Declan Rice score a header from a corner in this one.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 am

Mancunian Hammer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 am

Could he play Ogbonna left back and bring in the General?
I was thinking the same thing MH, Oggy has played at left back, defensively it would help but going forward I'm not so sure... ;)
Maybe plan C......with Johnson as Plan A
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Mancunian Hammer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 am
Zaba has been a fantastic player, love him but if he is up against Daniel James or Marcus Rashford, I don't think all his experience will counteract their pace, that said Cresswell has been poor and looks slow. The other option is Johnson who we all want to be the answer but the reality is we don't know, don't see Pellegrini fielding him but its possible. Hopefully James is injured cause he looks a decent prospect and would cause us problems whichever side he plays. We are definitely vulnerable down the flanks, we just don't have defensively good full backs which is worrying, particularly when in front of those fullbacks are Yarmalenko and Anderson who aren't fond of the defensive side of the game. Could he play Ogbonna left back and bring in the General?

Another thing is our set plays have been poor, this is something they need to work on. Would love to see Declan Rice score a header from a corner in this one.
Not sure about Ogbonna as a LB in a back 4. But play 3 at the back in a 3-5-1-1 and I'd be more confident of us countering their pace. I'm not a fan of Snodgrass but I would play him left side of midfield this game as he is more defensively aware than Yarmolenko. Anderson, for me, would be right side this game, particularly if Ashley Young starts for them at LB.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Fancy we’ll do the Manc cunts 2-1.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:53 am
Mikeveep wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am
I feel the same about Masuaku,

What a breath of fresh air to see Zab's urgency and awareness against Villa. He'll do a job for us in that position.
Agree that Zabaleta will be a better option than Cresswell. Won't give us as much going forward as Masuaku but his experience and awareness gives him a massive edge over Cresswell imo.
If we put a 34 year old right back at left back when Cresswell is ft then he might as well pack his bags now lol.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:52 pm

If Cresswell is fit he will start 200%. He is 2nd choice left back and Arthur is out. No Brainer. Ben Johnson is more a right back but can do a decent job left back. if Pellegrini doesn,t play Cress it will be because he favors Johnson not Zabby who happened to be on the bench last week. If Johnson does get the nod then its over for Cresswell, full stop.
I,d rather play Cress because Johnson hasn,t the experience yet for a game like this. He did well against City away last year when the whole team were defending as a unit but in a game where he needs to support Anderson going up he is going to get found out.
I want to see Jack, Noble and Rice in the middle because last season we dominated his fixture when Pellegrini opted for the first time 3 strong players in the middle with Obiang, Noble and Rice. They smothered pogba and controlled the midfield.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:52 pm
If Cresswell is fit he will start 200%. He is 2nd choice left back and Arthur is out. No Brainer. Ben Johnson is more a right back but can do a decent job left back. if Pellegrini doesn,t play Cress it will be because he favors Johnson not Zabby who happened to be on the bench last week. If Johnson does get the nod then its over for Cresswell, full stop.
I,d rather play Cress because Johnson hasn,t the experience yet for a game like this. He did well against City away last year when the whole team were defending as a unit but in a game where he needs to support Anderson going up he is going to get found out.
I want to see Jack, Noble and Rice in the middle because last season we dominated his fixture when Pellegrini opted for the first time 3 strong players in the middle with Obiang, Noble and Rice. They smothered pogba and controlled the midfield.
I hear Johnson hasn’t played for the stiffs in weeks I dunno how true that is so maybe he’s injured anyway .

Which leaves a 34 year old right back with no pace to play left back or Cresswell who is fucking hopeless.

Hobson’s choice but at least Zabaleta knows how to defend.

And whoever gets the nod will need to.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

downunda

Post by downunda » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 am

For me stick with the same team as last week apart from left back, if Johnson is 100% fit I feel he should get the nod.

Cresswell is not quick enough against this lot, and although I like Zaba, same thing, just not quick enough.

This season is all about consistency with the same players every game. The last three seasons have been hampered with injuries which has cost us.

The starting team from last week is possibly our best 11, with good backup from the bench. For me the main deciding factor is which Anderson we will get on the day, his inconsistency ends up being the teams inconsistency. This is because when on top of his game he can be devastating but at other times he can drift out of the game completely.

2 - 1 to the mighty Hammers

COYI
1 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:29 am

If we can hold up their team bus for a couple of hours at Canning Town flyover then cave in a few windows when it gets to the bottom of Green st we will win easy. Plan worked before.
Otherwise 2-2
0 x

Social Media