Another Stupid VAR Rule

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Another Stupid VAR Rule

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Anyone else think it's stupid that a second yellow, leading to a red, can't be reviewed ? People who go to matches expect to see 11 v 11 and imo they are cheated when pricks like Mike Dean make decisions like the one he made last night.

Apparently he could have reviewed the Noble dive which, had he seen it as a dive, would have resulted in a second yellow. But he can't be asked, or choose, to review a second yellow which has the same ultimate consequence.

So the authorities seem to think it's OK to change a decision which will result in a player being sent off, but not to review one which would keep a player on the field.

Fucking crazy.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Another Stupid VAR Rule

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Anyone else think it's stupid that a second yellow, leading to a red, can't be reviewed ? People who go to matches expect to see 11 v 11 and imo they are cheated when pricks like Mike Dean make decisions like the one he made last night.

Apparently he could have reviewed the Noble dive which, had he seen it as a dive, would have resulted in a second yellow. But he can't be asked, or choose, to review a second yellow which has the same ultimate consequence.

So the authorities seem to think it's OK to change a decision which will result in a player being sent off, but not to review one which would keep a player on the field.

Fucking crazy.
VAR should step in the moment that cunt steps on the pitch and replace him with a fucking chimpanzee wearing a ref's shirt.

It would have more of a clue.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

I fucking hate VAR

but this cant be reviewed, in-case the 1st yellow was wrong
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 pm

As long as the age old mindset continues to be “ego before accuracy” then VAR or no VAR, you’re going to get an officiating shit show.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 pm

I dont think Nobles was a dive. I believe he was thinking about diving and was losing his balance when he changed his mind and immediately got up and ran back. You dont dive and get up with no fuss and run back to defend. You try and con the ref with waving arms etc etc. Probably suddenly hit him he was on a yellow and the ref was very close by.
I watched Liverpool game tonight. Napoli players going down holding their legs lie it was broken. Face had an expression of sheer pain. Replay shows no or very little contact. Is that not as bad as a player diving? Trying to get a player a yellow card or sent off. Masuaku,s one was a great example. There is no contact hardly at all. Aston Villa player went down like a ton of bricks knowing he was already on a yellow. For me that is just as bad as diving if not worse because you are trying to get a player sent off for fuck all.

2.32 min clearly shows no contact and the Villa player wincing and even shouting in pain.

0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:01 am

IronsForever wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 pm
I dont think Nobles was a dive. I believe he was thinking about diving and was losing his balance when he changed his mind and immediately got up and ran back. You dont dive and get up with no fuss and run back to defend. You try and con the ref with waving arms etc etc. Probably suddenly hit him he was on a yellow and the ref was very close by.
You bloody well do if, as you've said yourself, it suddenly dawns on you that you've already picked up a yellow card. And the fact Noble did leap to his feet straight away instead of doing what he normally does, again as you say, waving his arms around, convinced me at the time he was trying it on.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am

IronsForever wrote:
I watched Liverpool game tonight. Napoli players going down holding their legs lie it was broken. Face had an expression of sheer pain. Replay shows no or very little contact. Is that not as bad as a player diving? Trying to get a player a yellow card or sent off. Masuaku,s one was a great example. There is no contact hardly at all. Aston Villa player went down like a ton of bricks knowing he was already on a yellow. For me that is just as bad as diving if not worse because you are trying to get a player sent off for fuck all.

2.32 min clearly shows no contact and the Villa player wincing and even shouting in pain.

Exactly Irons Clear dive....if that went to an appeal or Var...gets overturned...and Dec
an apology to Arthur for digging him out.

It's an easy spot...when the arms go out before the contact,and a slight lean in towards the
tackler...

Oh and the Wince.... :lol:
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:07 am

IronsForever wrote:

What about Sadio Mane clutching his face when brushed by an arm like he'd been hit by Tyson Fury ?

All at it in Europe.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:07 am
IronsForever wrote:

What about Sadio Mane clutching his face when brushed by an arm like he'd been hit by Tyson Fury ?

All at it in Europe.
Exactly. For me thats worse than diving because you are trying to get someone sent off or booked.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Fucking crazy.
Exactly.

What do these c*nts that make the rules do all day?

They have probably studying VAR for 3 years and should have every scenario in place.It seems they are still making big mistakes.VAR was brought in for the likes of what happened the other night with Masuako?It was NOT a clear foul,so it should not have been a card.
0 x

Social Media