Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:48 am

thomasswe wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 am
Reports are saying Fab is only our for 3 weeks. We need to score more goals now as I cannot see Roberto saving as many "should be" goals as Fab, although he handled the one-on-one with Wilson very well.

Thought Fornals looked a little better this time around, lot likely to start against palace but will certainly get off the bench at some point as he can cover all across the attacking midfield.
From the highlights I saw, Fornals did put in an improved shift, I'm not sure he'd get in the team over Lanzini however.

Hard to tell with Fabianski as those sorts of injuries take longer the older you get. Jimenez couldn't do anything about Wilson's goal and yes, he stood up well when the cheat was clean through, but his distribution was suspect.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:48 am
thomasswe wrote:
Reports are saying Fab is only our for 3 weeks. We need to score more goals now as I cannot see Roberto saving as many "should be" goals as Fab, although he handled the one-on-one with Wilson very well.

Thought Fornals looked a little better this time around, lot likely to start against palace but will certainly get off the bench at some point as he can cover all across the attacking midfield.
From the highlights I saw, Fornals did put in an improved shift, I'm not sure he'd get in the team over Lanzini however.

Hard to tell with Fabianski as those sorts of injuries take longer the older you get. Jimenez couldn't do anything about Wilson's goal and yes, he stood up well when the cheat was clean through, but his distribution was suspect.
Fornals reminds me a bit of a young Lampard playing in that central midfield role. He takes up some very decent positions imo and, although there wasn't too much end product Saturday, I think in time he'll prove to be a major asset. He's an intelligent player and I'm sure he'll prove to be money very well spent.

Agree about Roberto's distribution which surprised me tbh. In the PSF's I saw his distribution was excellent. In fact I actually said on the forum I thought it was the one aspect of his game which was an upgrade on Fabianski. Hopefully Saturday wasn't a blip. If Fabianski is only out for 3 weeks he'll only miss the Palace game I guess because of the international break. Which is the only decent thing I can find to say about the international break period.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

Towie wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:49 pm

I'm not happy it looks like we'll be missing Fabianski for a while but the new keeper did nothing yesterday to cause me too many concerns.
Agree Mr Whiskyman, people getting on Roberto’s Back without giving him a chance.
Even heard from a mate West Ham fans booed him when he came on.
Hope he gets a rousing cheer when he plays at home vs Palarse otherwise poor fellas confidence will be shot to bits before he even settles in to the game.
Agree again...can't believe any true Iron would boo one of our own....especially a new guy that
hasn't had a chance yet...Peller rates him...he's the boss...that does me..

If anyone did boo him...they need to have a review ..why you go is it to "Support the Irons"
or for the piss up...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:11 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am
Towie wrote:

Agree Mr Whiskyman, people getting on Roberto’s Back without giving him a chance.
Hope he gets a rousing cheer when he plays at home vs Palarse otherwise poor fellas confidence will be shot to bits before he even settles in to the game.
Agree again...can't believe any true Iron would boo one of our own....especially a new guy that

If anyone did boo him...they need to have a review ..why you go is it to "Support the Irons"
or for the piss up...
As you know there are two types of "Iron". We West Ham supporters are one type.

And then there are the other sort. They are the ones that would wave their pink hankies around whilst emitting that strange, very gay sounding, booing noise. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am

palerider wrote:
thomasswe wrote:

Reports saying 3 months now :roll:
0 x

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am

Fully agree he should not be booed at any point - no player should but especially a goalkeeper.

His confidence is completely Shot - and he was dreadful imo the last game and a half. Distribution is the one thing he should manage as a minimum - he kicked it out of play twice from his hands on Saturday
:roll:
Worrying times if he’s out for 3 months.
0 x
Chim Chimeney

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 am

Castiron wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am
palerider wrote:

Reports saying 3 months now :roll:
Sounds more like it. Torn thigh muscle....ouch.

Trust me.....I'm a doctor.
Last edited by palerider on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

grandad

Post by grandad » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:13 am

wokinghama wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am
Fully agree he should not be booed at any point - no player should but especially a goalkeeper.

His confidence is completely Shot - and he was dreadful imo the last game and a half. Distribution is the one thing he should manage as a minimum - he kicked it out of play twice from his hands on Saturday
:roll:
Worrying times if he’s out for 3 months.

No player in our shirt should be booed match days ( brand west ham London supporters maybe ? )

close ranks ..encourage him ... clap him .. confidence is massive in football... he is all we have !!!! so get behind him
8 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:32 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am
Towie wrote:

or for the piss up...
A sad state of affairs but hardly new. In the days of social media, people get whipped into a frenzy about how bad players are without giving them a chance and then get on the players back, he loses confidence, starts to play badly and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I remember Steve Potts being very poor until he scored that goal against Hull and moved into CB. If Social media had been around then he would not have had such a decent career as he would likely have been slaughtered. There are many others.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am

Bloody good result , think we were good enough for the win , but its a good draw away against a difficult team in more ways then one .. Yarmolenko looks to have started where he left off when he got injured , some player we have in him , and many wanted Antonio to start in his place at the beginning of the season , hate to say it but was Antonio's injury a godsend .Cresswell looks to be improving , lets hope so because he is a much better LB then Masuaku . Fornals looked good at times , probably his best so far , good to see Lanzini back ( we have a true star in him ) .Rice was outstanding and Noble was terrific , but we need to get a player next to Rice who can make those bursting forward runs from midfield , Noble canted do it , and Wilshere offers nothing . Anderson , what a dilemma we have in him , can go missing much like his passing for 75 minutes , yet he can win games for us in 15 minutes , but what would he have cost us if he was that consistent , we could never of afforded him .
Discussing behaviour the booing of Roberto , just shows the mentality of these so called supporters . Many wanted Howe as our manager , I for one never want to see him anywhere near us .
0 x

Social Media